PDA

View Full Version : Flying trampolines

skinnydog
03-Oct-09, 15:52
OMG!! Our trampoline, that we thought was secure took off at 1.30 this afternoon and ended up with the cows, 3 fields away, firmly stuck on the fence. Funny now but I can't imagine what would have happened if a car had been passing at the time. Had to take it apart, bit by bit and heave it back to the house. Wasn't the best chore that I have done today...Thought that it was trashed at first sight but I think we should be able to salvage it.

Lavenderblue2
04-Oct-09, 09:09
We've lost our greenhouse door Skinnydog!

It's one of those supposed to be wind proof greenhouses, shaped like the ones at the Eden Project!

In the 28 years we've had it this has only happened once before.

floyed
04-Oct-09, 11:53
OMG a double tragedy:eek::eek::eek: lol

Errogie
04-Oct-09, 12:07
Flying trampolines are a well recorded phenomena particularly in the western isles. Although they should obviously be securely fastened to the ground eventually the kinetic energy generated by long periods of use has to escape somehow and with the assisstance of a good wind the result is inevitable. Naturally they should be covered with a tarpaulin or barbed wire on the Sabbath.

Stefan
04-Oct-09, 13:11
We have old tyres all around the openings underneath so that the wind can't lift it. Seems to work so far...

Alice in Blunderland
04-Oct-09, 13:14
We took our trampoline down last month knowing that the wind up here can suddenly turn.

It goes up again in April. :)