PDA

View Full Version : New Wick take-away.

Fran
03-Oct-09, 15:27
I notice planning permission is being sought for yet another take-away in Bridge Street, Wick . Permission is being saught for change of use of shop at number 34 to takeaway. There are only 3 shops empty, 2 are too big, so it must be in the old azda video shop opposite Blythswood. I must go and have a look tomorrow out of curiousity.!

redeyedtreefrog
03-Oct-09, 15:34
It's called Curry King and will be in the premises that Caledonia Restaurant once occupied, apparently.

Macwull
03-Oct-09, 16:20
just done a quick google and it would appear 34 Bridge Street is Graham Beggs shop! The old toymaster!!! So yet again another takeaway. Better than an empty shop though!!

Gizmo
03-Oct-09, 16:26
just done a quick google and it would appear 34 Bridge Street is Graham Beggs shop! The old toymaster!!! So yet again another takeaway. Better than an empty shop though!!

I understand that the Chinese takeaway situated on the cobbles (i cant remember the name) is moving into the old Toymaster building

silverfox57
03-Oct-09, 16:41
wick will soon become a little china town ?

Kevin Milkins
03-Oct-09, 16:56
I would rather see a street full of retail takeaway food outlets that a street full of empty shops, however, I think the planning authorities have to make some conditions to the thumbs up on these food outlets.

I went down Bridge street at about midnight last night and could hardly believe the amount of discarded rubbish just thrown on the street, and as bridge street is the main road into town, it does give an awful impression of what the town is about.

I know it's just not good enough to accept that people will drop litter, but I think food outlets should send out a member of staff at quiet times and pick up any litter that has come from there premises,IE pizza boxes etc that have been left in close proximity to there outlet.

katarina
03-Oct-09, 17:11
I would rather see a street full of retail takeaway food outlets that a street full of empty shops, however, I think the planning authorities have to make some conditions to the thumbs up on these food outlets.

I went down Bridge street at about midnight last night and could hardly believe the amount of discarded rubbish just thrown on the street, and as bridge street is the main road into town, it does give an awful impression of what the town is about.

I know it's just not good enough to accept that people will drop litter, but I think food outlets should send out a member of staff at quiet times and pick up any litter that has come from there premises,IE pizza boxes etc that have been left in close proximity to there outlet.

I know what you mean - it's disgusting! the kids just don't even bother to look for a bin. Bobbies on the beat and on the spot fines would soon put a stop to it. Why should the staff of the shops be expected to pick up litter? Maybe they should be hired to clout the little louts around the ears!

Kevin Milkins
03-Oct-09, 17:25
I know what you mean - it's disgusting! the kids just don't even bother to look for a bin. Bobbies on the beat and on the spot fines would soon put a stop to it. Why should the staff of the shops be expected to pick up litter? Maybe they should be hired to clout the little louts around the ears!

I am not sure if that area is covered by CCTV, but certainly making the culprits of unnecessary littering pay a fixed penalty would help the situation, but I still think retailers should except some responsibilities for excess packing that has come from there business.

I have also noticed that it is not all the fault of the kids as I have often seen adults with kids just throw there litter down as if it is an exceptable thing to do.

I have lived in many parts of the country and Wick has probably the best organised council for litter picking staff out on the road, recycling facilities and frequency of bin collections, and yet on the down side it is the worst I have seen for casual dropping of litter.

chocolatechip
03-Oct-09, 18:58
The one in bridge st i notice is called Curry King and the one one the cobles is New Oriental Chinese Take Away I know the owner personally

im behind you
03-Oct-09, 19:56
The one in bridge st i notice is called Curry King and the one one the cobles is New Oriental Chinese Take Away I know the owner personally
whats that got do with any thing.
maybe wick will soon be wraped up taken away.

chocolatechip
03-Oct-09, 20:18
I understand that the Chinese takeaway situated on the cobbles (i cant remember the name) is moving into the old Toymaster building

Does that answer your question Gizmo couldn't remember the name of the chinese on the cobles and i simply gave the name of the place

ChuckBuscuits
03-Oct-09, 21:24
Maybe they should be hired to clout the little louts around the ears!
unfortunately they would be charged with assault.
and the little litter-louts would get off free!
Crazy eh!

purplelady
03-Oct-09, 23:28
wick will soon become a little china town ?
yeah and i have half of them living above me lol or at least it sounds like it at times lol

Fran
04-Oct-09, 01:25
I have been told it is another indian restaurant/take away moving into the previous homeaid and Hydro electric shop. It is a huge place for that purpose with a big upstairs too. as I said before, there will be 3 indian restaurants, 1 indian take away, 1 cafe, 1 fish and chip shop all in the one road!!!!

Leanne
04-Oct-09, 11:21
We need an italian!!

floyed
04-Oct-09, 11:48
Bring on the takeaways and resturants!!! :lol::lol:

katarina
04-Oct-09, 16:10
I have been told it is another indian restaurant/take away moving into the previous homeaid and Hydro electric shop. It is a huge place for that purpose with a big upstairs too. as I said before, there will be 3 indian restaurants, 1 indian take away, 1 cafe, 1 fish and chip shop all in the one road!!!!

That was graham begg's old shop then. some one else said chinese. And yes - we Do need an italian!

The Pepsi Challenge
04-Oct-09, 16:14
I agree, it's pasta joke.

poppett
04-Oct-09, 16:43
Would love an authentic Italian restaurant in Caithness. Would save having to go to Edinburgh to Mamma Roma for a decent Italian dinner.

Invisible
04-Oct-09, 18:41
I agree, it's pasta joke.

ha ha, i think we need a salad bar or maybe even a "Subway", something healthy for a change.

Gizmo
04-Oct-09, 18:50
ha ha, i think we need a salad bar or maybe even a "Subway", something healthy for a change.

Subway...healthy?, you must be talking about the Subway in another reality to the one i live in, don't be fooled into thinking that just because it is a sandwich, that it's healthy.

Invisible
04-Oct-09, 18:59
Subway...healthy?, you must be talking about the Subway in another reality to the one i live in, don't be fooled into thinking that just because it is a sandwich, that it's healthy.

healthier than chinese

Phill
04-Oct-09, 19:01
We definitely need a Greek restaurant around these parts!

Too far to go to Glasgow for a sitdown!

;)

Gizmo
04-Oct-09, 19:13
healthier than chinese

Aye...can't argue with that

lybsterlad
04-Oct-09, 21:56
don't think its an indian on highland gov web site application was made by Kim Ying Koo

Invisible
04-Oct-09, 22:06
don't think its an indian on highland gov web site application was made by Kim Ying Koo

Maybe this person is of mix race and will open an Indian/Chinese takeaway