PDA

View Full Version : Dundee

Kevin Milkins
02-Oct-09, 12:22
I know it may be a long shot, but is there any org user that lives or works in Dundee that could take a photo of a house thier and email mail it please.

Regards KM

Kodiak
02-Oct-09, 13:45
I come from Dundee as does all my and my Wifes Family. Almost everyone has more or less left but my Sister goes into Dundee about once a Month.

I can ask her to take a photograph for you the next time she goes into Dundee, dont know when that will be. If you post the address you want I will ask her and see what she says.

Mind you since she is 68 years old she is not the best Photographer in the world and is a bit touchy at times.

One thing you might try is Google street maps as thet have the majority of houses in Dundee all Photographed.

Bazeye
02-Oct-09, 15:51
I know it may be a long shot, but is there any org user that lives or works in Dundee that could take a photo of a house thier and email mail it please.

Regards KM

Thinking of robbing it? :lol:

Fran
02-Oct-09, 16:15
Would you be able to see it on the google road map?

Kevin Milkins
02-Oct-09, 16:33
I come from Dundee as does all my and my Wifes Family. Almost everyone has more or less left but my Sister goes into Dundee about once a Month.

I can ask her to take a photograph for you the next time she goes into Dundee, dont know when that will be. If you post the address you want I will ask her and see what she says.

Mind you since she is 68 years old she is not the best Photographer in the world and is a bit touchy at times.

One thing you might try is Google street maps as thet have the majority of houses in Dundee all Photographed.

Thank you all for the replies.

It's for my brothers new book that is due for publication soon.
The central character of the book once lived in Dundee and my brother (that lives in South Wales) asked me would I take a photo of the house that this guy used to live in, (he assumed Wick was near Dundee, :eek:lol) so that he could insert it in to the story.

I am not sure if he has a deadline, but if your sister may be able to oblige I am sure there will be a credit for her.

Thinking of robbing it? :lol:

Err, no.:lol:

Would you be able to see it on the google road map?

Cheers Fran, I have never had a look at google street maps, but will have a look out of interest, and I am sure it will run into copyright issues though.

Aaldtimer
02-Oct-09, 16:38
Hi Kevin, I'm from Dundee and my daughter lives there.
She may be able to help. Do you have an address for the house?
There's been a lot of changes in the city in recent times...it may not still exist!

Kevin Milkins
02-Oct-09, 16:49
Hi Kevin, I'm from Dundee and my daughter lives there.
She may be able to help. Do you have an address for the house?
There's been a lot of changes in the city in recent times...it may not still exist!

Hi Aaldtimer,

I have PM'd it to you for obvious reasons.

Regards KM

Aaldtimer
02-Oct-09, 16:53
OK Kevin, I await it with interest! It must be still wheechin' aboot the ether:)

rfr10
02-Oct-09, 19:46
I'll be living in Dundee for the next 4 years but unfortunately I do not have a camera. If I did, I would try and help you out.

Sorry!

Aaldtimer
02-Oct-09, 20:15
Hi again Kevin, further to our PMs and having had a wee rummage aboot the net, your brother may like to make enquiries here:- http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/photosales/index.asp

:)

Kodiak
02-Oct-09, 21:27
ARGHHH!!!! D C Thompson Photo Sales, dont mention this!!! I worked in their Photo-Lab from 1972 to 1974 and all day long I was printing, sometimes for the Publications but mostly for the Photo Sales that had been ordered from the Public.

Mind you must be a lot easier now being Digital but when I had to do it it was all Wet D&P. Never Again!!!

Kevin Milkins
02-Oct-09, 21:56
Hi again Kevin, further to our PMs and having had a wee rummage aboot the net, your brother may like to make enquiries here:- http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/photosales/index.asp

:)

Thanks again Aaldtimer, I have passed that on and he has sent a request in.
I have been having a play with this google street map, it's unbelievable.:eek:

Cheers for your help. KM

ARGHHH!!!! D C Thompson Photo Sales, dont mention this!!! I worked in their Photo-Lab from 1972 to 1974 and all day long I was printing, sometimes for the Publications but mostly for the Photo Sales that had been ordered from the Public.

Mind you must be a lot easier now being Digital but when I had to do it it was all Wet D&P. Never Again!!!

Small world it seems Kodiak.

crayola
02-Oct-09, 23:57
I'll be living in Dundee for the next 4 years but unfortunately I do not have a camera.That's a stiff sentence for a first offence, is there any chance of parole?

If not I recommend this poster

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/412827.1010.A.jpg

and a geology hammer.

Google Streetview is indeed very special but I wish they'd told me they were coming and I would have washed the car and the upstairs windows beforehand.

joxville
03-Oct-09, 00:01
Google Streetview is indeed very special but I wish they'd told me they were coming and I would have washed the car and the upstairs windows beforehand.

So you never wash the upstairs windows then? How skanky! :eek:

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 00:03
That's a stiff sentence for a first offence, is there any chance of parole?

If not I recommend this poster

http://www.moviegoods.com/Assets/product_images/1010/412827.1010.A.jpg

and a geology hammer.

That poster is probably a good idea, if only because it will confuse the Dundee people long enough, they'd be wondering where the colour has gone, for you to run away.

crayola
03-Oct-09, 00:08
That poster is probably a good idea, if only because it will confuse the Dundee people long enough, they'd be wondering where the colour has gone, for you to run away.
Welcome back my psychic friend, how are conditions in the org jail and were you well treated? Have you been exiled to Dundee too?

joxville
03-Oct-09, 00:10
Welcome back my psychic friend, how are conditions in the org jail and were you well treated? Have you been exiled to Dundee too?

It was worse than that.....he was exiled to Castle Crayola. [lol]

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 00:17

Hello again. Org jail was interesting, primarily because I couldn't tell if "Moderator", who contacted me a few times whilst there, was human or some piece of computer text. On one hand, the messages and lack of responses to almost all my comments seemed automated. On the other, the spelling in the messages suggests to me that "Moderator" may not be as automated as I thought. Oh well, I'm over it and am now deciding whether to sue for damages because my ban was lifted 3 minutes late. And no, I'm one of the lucky many not to be exiled to Dundee - I am instead in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.

crayola
03-Oct-09, 00:46
So you never wash the upstairs windows then? How skanky! :eek:
I think I washed them once but hanging out the windows attached only by my toenails isn't my idea of fun. I have a wee man to come and do them for me.

It was worse than that.....he was exiled to Castle Crayola. I thought you'd withdrawn that one. ;)

Hello again. Org jail was interesting, primarily because I couldn't tell if "Moderator", who contacted me a few times whilst there, was human or some piece of computer text. On one hand, the messages and lack of responses to almost all my comments seemed automated. On the other, the spelling in the messages suggests to me that "Moderator" may not be as automated as I thought. Oh well, I'm over it and am now deciding whether to sue for damages because my ban was lifted 3 minutes late. And no, I'm one of the lucky many not to be exiled to Dundee - I am instead in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.I am familiar with the beautiful city of Edinburgh and indeed I was through there all day today. What a dismal day it was. :~(

You shouldn't take umbrage at the Org's moderators for they shall determine your posting privileges forever more.

rfr10
03-Oct-09, 01:13
Hello again. Org jail was interesting, primarily because I couldn't tell if "Moderator", who contacted me a few times whilst there, was human or some piece of computer text. On one hand, the messages and lack of responses to almost all my comments seemed automated. On the other, the spelling in the messages suggests to me that "Moderator" may not be as automated as I thought. Oh well, I'm over it and am now deciding whether to sue for damages because my ban was lifted 3 minutes late. And no, I'm one of the lucky many not to be exiled to Dundee - I am instead in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.

The beautiful city of Edinburgh and then within... the land of the socially deprived ..... AKA physics labs :D .. unlike myself of course doing such a socially just course ;)

... I believe you also take part in animal cruelty... monkeys mean anything?

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 01:49
The beautiful city of Edinburgh and then within... the land of the socially deprived ..... AKA physics labs :D

But... Well... Erm... I have nothing...

.. unlike myself of course doing such a socially just course ;)

If ever there was a term inviting mockery, it would surely be "socially just". I can't remember exactly what your course is called, but I know the rough area of study, and I'm fairly sure "socially just" doesn't really fit.

... I believe you also take part in animal cruelty...

Me personally or the University? Either way I am confused...

monkeys mean anything?

Well, I thought love was only true in fairy tales, and only happened to other people, not myself. Love was out to get me, or at least I thought it was. There was disappointment in all my dreams.

But then I saw her, well only her face, and now I believe. No doubt. I'm both in love and believe. I couldn't leave if I wanted to.

You know, I thought love was basically a given thing. I gave more and I got less. Why bother trying, when all I get is pain? I need some sunshine, not rain.

But then I saw her, well only her face, and now I believe. No doubt. I'm both in love and believe. I couldn't leave if I wanted to.

Did I just do that?

I'll get my coat.

rfr10
03-Oct-09, 02:01
If ever there was a term inviting mockery, it would surely be "socially just". I can't remember exactly what your course is called, but I know the rough area of study, and I'm fairly sure "socially just" doesn't really fit.

Well considering one of our course modules is entitled "Working Together to Achieve Social Justice", I think it fits rather nicely.

Me personally or the University? Either way I am confused...

Don't worry.. I have just been informed that you have been skipping lectures.. tut tut.

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 02:13
Well considering one of our course modules is entitled "Working Together to Achieve Social Justice", I think it fits rather nicely.

Achieving social justice and being social just are two different things... :eek:

Don't worry.. I have just been informed that you have been skipping lectures.. tut tut.

Ah, you mean the two I missed today (which by the way contained stuff that I had learned in higher maths two years ago) because I've caught the flu that is going around and could not talk this morning, as well as having a nose which was running faster than Bolt and a cough that is just bloody annoying. Oh, and sneezing every few minutes at dangerously loud levels. If your informant has not informed you of the sneeze which was so loud it echoed into the microphone the lecturer was wearing and then reverberated around a lecture theatre with around 250 people in it, then you should ask him.

rfr10
03-Oct-09, 02:20
Achieving social justice and being social just are two different things... :eek:

Social justice can be achieved within my own community of practice so technically we can be socially just as well...

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 02:29
Social justice can be achieved within my own community of practice so technically we can be socially just as well...

That sounds so parroted I almost want to don an eye-patch and litter my conversations with "Yar!"s.

Just a side note, am I the only one who sees the irony in talking about "social justice" in a thread about Dundee?

rfr10
03-Oct-09, 02:33
Just a side note, am I the only one who sees the irony in talking about "social justice" in a thread about Dundee?

Makes my course all the more purposeful :)

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 02:36
Makes my course all the more purposeful :)

Or pointless...

Anyway, I'm going to try and sleep, although that would probably require me to not cough for a period of time... Oh well, I'll try. Cheerio.

Aaldtimer
03-Oct-09, 03:10
Would rfr10 & Alan 16 please take their infantile discussions to PMs and stop slagging off my home City? This thread drift has gone too far methinks![disgust]

BINBOB
03-Oct-09, 10:46

Especially the beauty of PILTON,SIGHTHILL.....ETC...Dundee wins for me.

golach
03-Oct-09, 12:26
Need I mention Midcraigie, or Douglas & Angus, both wonderful examples of beautiful Dundee [lol]

crayola
03-Oct-09, 12:59
Would rfr10 & Alan 16 please take their infantile discussions to PMs and stop slagging off my home City? This thread drift has gone too far methinks![disgust]But AT new students are supposed to sit up all night discussing social justice and slagging off everything and anything the older generations have created. They get it out of their systems and they won't need to resort to doing it in late middle age on the Org. :lol:

Mind you, we were more sociable and did it in our rooms having just consumed a week's grant of booze. :)

rfr10
03-Oct-09, 13:55
Would rfr10 & Alan 16 please take their infantile discussions to PMs and stop slagging off my home City? This thread drift has gone too far methinks![disgust]

Don't worry, I'm not the one slagging it off. I think it is a great place, hence the reason I am here.

Kevin Milkins
03-Oct-09, 14:01
Thank you to all that have helped with what I was looking for, as the thread has now served it's purpose and gone slightly wonky, it may be time to close it.

Regards KM

Alan16
03-Oct-09, 14:02

You're not seriously saying that you think Dundee is more beautiful than Edinburgh are you?

And there was me thinking wisdom came with age. I'm just curious as to what part of you thought that calling both myself and rfr10 infantile for slagging off your city (which isn't true seeing as one of the two of us lives there and likes it, but I wouldn't expect you to have actually read our comments before commenting yourself) was a good way of getting it back on topic? I, personally, would have just ignored our obviously tongue-in-cheek comments if they annoyed you so much. Oh well.

But AT new students are supposed to sit up all night discussing social justice and slagging off everything and anything the older generations have created. They get it out of their systems and they won't need to resort to doing it in late middle age on the Org. :lol:

Mind you, we were more sociable and did it in our rooms having just consumed a week's grant of booze. :)[

Students... drink? I don't understand what you're talking about!