PDA

View Full Version : Horse Riding School

chocolatechip
02-Oct-09, 01:08
Hi, does anyone know when the new school starts up. I got 3 or 4 friends and myself are wondering because we haven't heard anything of late. And when the opening day is:D

Leanne
02-Oct-09, 08:47
Have a search of the name wickchick - theres quite a recent thread :)

wickchick
02-Oct-09, 12:22
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=85112
Thats the link for the thread in the pets section, hope it helps.

chocolatechip
02-Oct-09, 21:34
I hope you open soon really want to go keep us informed can't see anything on the pet section xx

John Baikie
02-Oct-09, 21:37
If you're keen to get going there's already an established equestrian centre a few miles away at Lyth, offering everything for all ages and abilities. Well worth a try.
http://www.caithness-business.co.uk/business.php?id=2099

doodles
03-Oct-09, 22:47
My wee girl went there with a friend and the lassie who runs it is fantastic with the kids. :)

Bakerbhoy
03-Oct-09, 23:13
Hi chocolatechip

I can highly recommend Horsin Around, my daughter has been going there for nearly 2 yrs now and loves it. Natalie is very good with the kids and has not long become Pony Club approved with the kids working towards their pony club badges and tests. She is also every good with adults and caters for all abilities.

marsbar
16-Dec-09, 19:17
I cant wait for Castle View Stables to be all up and running have been up a look see and its fantastic im taking my horse to ashleighs after new year (even though i have my own fields and stables) for the great facilitys and ashleighs help she is an amazing instructor esp with kids :D x

Loraine
16-Dec-09, 21:17
Any idea yet when the riding school will be opened?

K.B
17-Dec-09, 19:11
personally i would go with castleview...although lyth is established is it bhs approved?

unicornleather
18-Dec-09, 16:21
Nice to see a new riding school opening when they all seem to be struggling or closing down round here!
Oz :)

Trosk
19-Dec-09, 13:58
personally i would go with castleview...although lyth is established is it bhs approved?

Does it matter if a riding school is BHS approved?? The essential requirements are knowledgeable caring instructors, well schooled and cared for horses, suitable stabling / riding area. Im not knocking BHS approval as it is a good idea in principle but not having it doesnt mean your establishment is any less quality (Ive seen living proof of that in the past). Ive never been to any of the yards mentioned on this thread but I wish them well and if I did want lessons I would go see them all and make my own decision on where to put my custom based on what I see with my own eyes...not a BHS approval certificate. Lots of well schooled horses that are well cared for and not over-worked please - who cares about BHS approval!!!

K.B
20-Dec-09, 19:27
was a general question out of curiosity!!!!!

CountryLassie
14-May-10, 11:27
We r a bit stuck for directions :S Where is the riding school? And how can we contact you? As we are planning to come and see you soon :)