PDA

View Full Version : Looking For gigs..

celtic1888
01-Oct-09, 23:38
Ive been with my band now for a few months and we've got about 8 covers that we can do so we are looking for a live gig somewhere. We have our own cd if anyone wishes to hear us prehand.
I know most replies will be "Go into pubs and ask" but is there anyone on the org that can give us a gig as a support band etc.. we are based in wick and thurso.

Jeid
02-Oct-09, 00:38
What sort of music do you guys play?

celtic1888
02-Oct-09, 10:36
ummmm

We do kelly clarkson, greenday, bowling for soup, katy perry, avril legvine, dixie chicks..
Bit of anything really!

Thundercrack
04-Oct-09, 18:29
Have sent you PM

Jester
04-Oct-09, 18:44
ummmm

We do kelly clarkson, greenday, bowling for soup, katy perry, avril legvine, dixie chicks..
Bit of anything really!

Sounds great :D
Let me know if you get a gig, as I shall come along.

Invisible
04-Oct-09, 18:57
ummmm

Bit of anything really!

On today's fitba' scores your setlist could be. Almost by BFS, Some Days You Gotta Dive by Dixie, Self inflicted by Katy Perry, Lost by Katie Perry, Fall to pieces by Avril Lavigne, Burnout by Greenday and encore with Because of Loovens by Kelly Clarkson..........

joking aside wish you well with your gig search

celtic1888
04-Oct-09, 22:06
thanks guys!
I shall let yu know Jester!
Its too short notice for us to play this thursday coming (open mic night)
But im sure we'll be ready for next months one :)
Any other little gigs here or there, give me a shout, thanks :)

celtic1888
04-Oct-09, 22:08
On today's fitba' scores your setlist could be. Almost by BFS, Some Days You Gotta Dive by Dixie, Self inflicted by Katy Perry, Lost by Katie Perry, Fall to pieces by Avril Lavigne, Burnout by Greenday and encore with Because of Loovens by Kelly Clarkson..........

joking aside wish you well with your gig search

i agree with that songs for celtics display today! We were awful, however we had 3 shouts for pens!!

celtic1888
15-Oct-09, 08:56
anyone?? :)

~~Tides~~
15-Oct-09, 12:12
Surely you need more that 8 songs to do a gig! 8 songs used to take us about 10 mins, such was the silly speed that everything was played at.

A pub would usually want you to play for at least an hour. I would say you would need 20, at the very least.

The Pepsi Challenge
15-Oct-09, 12:22
anyone?? :)

Build yourself a repertoire, practice hard, and see about maybe asking another established band if you could support them. You'll perhaps get half an hour to play, and the opportunity to show everyone what you're made of.

Best of luck.

celtic1888
19-Oct-09, 22:41
Yeh we will!..
Practise is going slow due to my working hours.. but we'll get there.
Hope to play in the open mic night next month in thurso so if anyone wants to come see us we will be there :)