PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Craft Fair

mrs_inkstack
01-Oct-09, 18:10
Crossroads Parent Forum are holding a Christmas Craft Fair on Saturday the 5th of December in the Mey Hall. We are inviting people to book a table, £5 each, tables selling quickly already.

Also card making workshops will take place in the small hall upstairs all afternoon, more information to follow.

Tea, coffess and home baking being served throughout the afternoon.

For more info, check out -

http://whatson.caithness.org/event.php?id=9661

ciderally
01-Oct-09, 18:59
ah...you will need to remind me twa days before hand...i write things on the calander but never look at it...xx christmas eh?

mrs_inkstack
13-Nov-09, 19:14
Trying to get organised with this craft fair, finishing posters this weekend, waiting for conformation on a few things. I know a few people contacted me about the size of tables etc, sorry for not getting back, will do asap, been hectic here !! :(

Hoping to have John Baikie come along to do family portraits, will have prices for you soon. Fantastic idea for Christmas presents, especially as John is such an accomplished photographer - I'll be having my bairns done for sure !!

Mina Mackays Highland dancers doing their stuff.

Guest appearance from the man himself, sorry not Elvis but the red bearded guy in the grotto :D

Still some tables left if anyone interested. loads of good stuff already. Lots of foodie things.

Bower playgroup staging a similiar event on the 22nd if any of the stall holders fancy giving our one a go as well - first time in the Mey Hall, so bit of a learning curve for me. Thanks Avril - your a star x

Maranda holding card making workshops in the little hall upstairs from 11 - 5, booking advised. Topics being covered are - Simple Christmas Card Toppers, Rubber Stamping and Peel Offs to name only a few. i've been to some of her workshops and I would go back for the craic and the home baking alone - the card making is brilliant too ! £3 per adult, don't panic if you don't have a babysitter, she's also having a kids messy table to keep your little darlings occupied.

Keep your eyes peeled for the posters. Come along for a fun Christmas afternoon to get you in the mood !!

If you want to book a table, much cheapness £5, give me a shout and if not, see you all there !

Katy
14-Nov-09, 19:06
Hey,

Just checking you've still got me down for a table?!

Speak soon

Katy xx

mrs_inkstack
15-Nov-09, 17:27
Sure have Katy ;)

topotheuk
16-Nov-09, 12:56
Fairly looking forward to it!! :)

Katy
16-Nov-09, 12:57
Great! I'm looking forward to it too :D xx

mrs_inkstack
16-Nov-09, 21:56
John Baikie doing family / kids portraits with no sitting fee - prices start from £25, would advise to book, reckon it will be busy :D Loads of people coming - candles, handmade cards, jewellery, paintings, handmade toiletries, lots of great christmas ideas. Tonnes of homemade food stuffs for all you 'foodies' out there !!

Santa will be in the grotto and I'm sure there will be a few fairies and elves on the go as well !

It's going to be good ;) And all for a good case ...... come along and support our local school.

topotheuk
20-Nov-09, 10:42
how do you book Maranda's card making sessions, do you just book on the day, or is there a phone number to phone?

mrs_inkstack
20-Nov-09, 21:37
Give Maranda a call on 851 445 or myself on 851 841, probably best to book, her card days are usually really busy.

craft tables going fast, still got a few left ;)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Nov-09, 13:13
Hey can i book a table for hilltop horses thanks!

mrs_inkstack
24-Nov-09, 22:02
Hi there, getting pretty full now but I've sure we can manage one or two more, PM me your contact name and number, cheers, Jacqueline :D

mrs_inkstack
30-Nov-09, 11:12
from 11-5 at Crossroads School Christmas craft fair on the 5th December, in the Mey Hall all proceeds are going to the bairns, come along and support her for a good cause.

Her workshops are a brilliant laugh and have become infamous in our neck of the woods !!

Times and topics are as follows -

Workshop One. Simple Christmas Card Toppers 11-12 & 2 - 3

Workshop Two. Rubber Stamping 12 - 1 & 3 - 4

Workshop Three. Using peel off's at Christmas 1 - 2 & 4 - 5.

Each workshop lasts an hour and will cost £3. If you have no one to look after your little darlings, she's organised a kid's craft table as well for £1 each - well worth the money.

To book give Maranda a call on 851 445.

I'm going for the craic if nothing else ! :D

mrs_inkstack
30-Nov-09, 11:14
from 11-5 at Crossroads School Christmas craft fair on the 5th December, in the Mey Hall all proceeds are going to the bairns, come along and support her for a good cause.

Her workshops are a brilliant laugh and have become infamous in our neck of the woods !!

Times and topics are as follows -

Workshop One. Simple Christmas Card Toppers 11-12 & 2 - 3

Workshop Two. Rubber Stamping 12 - 1 & 3 - 4

Workshop Three. Using peel off's at Christmas 1 - 2 & 4 - 5.

Each workshop lasts an hour and will cost £3. If you have no one to look after your little darlings, she's organised a kid's craft table as well for £1 each - well worth the money.

To book give Maranda a call on 851 445.

I'm going for the craic if nothing else ! :D

mrs_inkstack
30-Nov-09, 11:16
All tables are now booked, thanks to everyone for enquiring.

Stalls range from home baking, home made jam, pork products, smoked fish, christmas decorations, helium balloons, christmas cards, jewelery, candles, toiletries, photos, paintings, knitwear and much more ....

Come along for a great day out !! :D

Madge
30-Nov-09, 12:27
Hi all,

Still space left for the card making workshops - details of subjects and times are detailed on separate post.

Booking your place is helpful but not essential - if you fancy just popping in whilst you are at the fair, that would be great too! Also, don't feel you have to stay for the full hour, just come for as long as you can and do what you fancy.

No strict rules - just some inspiration and ideas, with everything you need provided.

So come along, join in and take home some special handmade cards!

See you there. Mx

Madge
30-Nov-09, 14:25
Still spaces left for Card Making Workshops at Craft Fair

Hi all,

Still space left for the card making workshops - details of subjects and times are detailed on separate post.

Booking your place is helpful but not essential - if you fancy just popping in whilst you are at the fair, that would be great too! Also, don't feel you have to stay for the whole day or even for a full hour, just come for as long as you can and do what you fancy.

No strict rules - just some inspiration and ideas, with everything you need provided.

See you there. Mx

Karen
30-Nov-09, 15:59
Really looking forward to picking up some unique Christmas gifts, should be a great afternoon :)

mrs_inkstack
30-Nov-09, 20:29
Really looking forward to picking up some unique Christmas gifts, should be a great afternoon :)

Good stuff Karen, hope to see you there x

Just got an email from someone asking if they have to bring their own table, of course you don't, all the tables will be set up for you - just come along and set up.

I'll be there from around 11ish, even though the fair itself isn't opne till two ;)

topotheuk
01-Dec-09, 14:32
Looks like its building up to be a fantastic day. Look forward to seeing you all there. Dxx

wilma
01-Dec-09, 16:24
Sounds like it is going to be a brilliant day. See you there.

topotheuk
02-Dec-09, 13:45
Is there going to be a Hilltop Horses table then???????

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
02-Dec-09, 15:30
hey yes there is....... but wasn't going to take huge amount of horse stuff - mainly outdoor clothing, bags etc.... but if anyone needs anything particular horsewise can take it - hope to have also a list for clearance sale too topoftheuk.....

mrs_inkstack
03-Dec-09, 09:54
Do you have kids clothes ? Needing jodhpurs and boots for my wee girl ? cheers ;)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
03-Dec-09, 10:30
yeah - have got kids - will take along - but because i'm having a clearance it's a bit maybe in stock maybe not at the moment - but will take kids jods and boots what i have left with me.

Cheers :-)

c23102001
03-Dec-09, 12:35
This looks fantastic, did i hear that you have a santas grotto?

See you there:)

mrs_inkstack
03-Dec-09, 23:14
Tell me about the santas grotto eh !!!! But we got there in the end :D

mrs_inkstack
03-Dec-09, 23:15
Hi all,

Booking your place is helpful but not essential - if you fancy just popping in whilst you are at the fair, that would be great too! Also, don't feel you have to stay for the full hour, just come for as long as you can and do what you fancy.

See you there. Mx

How are you geting on with the card workshops Mrs Magoo ? :D

topotheuk
04-Dec-09, 18:52
Looking forward to it. Better get the oven fired up and do some baking for tomorrow!!

Karen
04-Dec-09, 21:07
Looking forward to it. Better get the oven fired up and do some baking for tomorrow!!

Snap, me too!

mrs_inkstack
07-Dec-09, 18:01
Thank you to everyone who came along and supported the event, it was a great success.

The parent forum, who ran the event made around £260, the school themselves made just over £200 with their stall, well done to the kids and the nursery did alright with around £150 with their baking stall.

A few lessons to be learned but over all I think everyone enjoyed themselves, considering it was a first attempt. Hopefully be able to expand on things next year.

Huge thank you to Mina Mackay and her dancers, Wick Christmas Lights Association for the loan of the grotto, Greystone Pork and Katy Gunn Event Organiser for the raffle prizes, Ronnie McGregor for his Santa impersonation and amusing the kids for hours, Peedie Puckles and Isobel Calder for their kind donations, Maranda for her card making expertise and John Baikie for such fantastic photos. As usual to all friends, family and local supporters of the school.

Well done everyone !! :)