PDA

View Full Version : Into the light.

Kenn
30-Sep-09, 22:42
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/kenliz/Castletown%20and%20Dunnet/2005_0929Caithness10051-1.jpg

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i316/kenliz/Castletown%20and%20Dunnet/2005_0929Caithness10050-1.jpg

Took these yesterday at Castletown Beach, was just playing about taking shots into the light, comments appreciated.

Deemac
30-Sep-09, 23:29
First shot is completely out of focus (most of your shots appear to suffer from this problem). Second works better in an dark, abstract sort of way!! (though to be frank, not too well compositionaly). Just my pennies worth.

skinnydog
06-Oct-09, 20:30
Deemac - you sound like a right grump! I think you are extremely rude to comment most of her photos are out of focus. Fair enough she asked for some comments but you are blunt to a point...

Deemac
06-Oct-09, 23:55
Deemac - you sound like a right grump! I think you are extremely rude to comment most of her photos are out of focus. Fair enough she asked for some comments but you are blunt to a point...

Skinnydog, Lizz is looking at improving her photographic skills, posted a couple of shots and asked for comments. I gave mine as honestly as I could. Being a public photographic forum that's how you learn and improve your technique (worked for me and works for others).

There is no need to then get personal because you can't handle this process. If you disagree with my comments explain why in a more constructive and adult way please.

skinnydog
07-Oct-09, 11:07
Deemac - What indicates or gives you the impression that I cannot handle the process? Did I say that I disagree with your comments? No, but I will further explain my post.

Your words (improve technique) but you give her no guidance or support in how to do that. Your words (not well compositionally) but again you do not even begin to give the most basic advice on how/where to improve.

So I feel that rather than learning and improving from your comments, Lizz will be no further on, in fact her confidence may have taken a knock.

Is that constructive and adult enough for you??

Deemac
07-Oct-09, 12:21
Deemac - What indicates or gives you the impression that I cannot handle the process? Did I say that I disagree with your comments? No, but I will further explain my post.

Your words (improve technique) but you give her no guidance or support in how to do that. Your words (not well compositionally) but again you do not even begin to give the most basic advice on how/where to improve.

So I feel that rather than learning and improving from your comments, Lizz will be no further on, in fact her confidence may have taken a knock.

Is that constructive and adult enough for you??

Skinnydog - I suggest you try re-reading your first post carefully in this very thread where you say I am "a right grump", "extremely rude" & "blunt to a point...".

To me this suggests that you are having difficulty with your own manners and interaction with my previous comments that are un-necessarily personal in nature.

If you studied any of my comments to some of Lizz's previous posts you will have seen my suggestions to her that she is either cropping too hard, set the camera at too low a resolution or obtaining focussing problems etc. etc. You are not seeing the bigger picture (pun intended) and are obviously just out to rattle some cages for your own amusement!! (I have encountered this sort of attitude before).

I will not take any futher part in your futile little games or respond any futher on this matter.

Kenn
07-Oct-09, 17:18
No offence was taken on my part by the comments made and I think that I am trying to achieve effects that possibly the camera I am using does not have the facility to cope with.
Would be interested to know what editing programmes others use,I rarely crop appart from margins or edit the images I take as I prefer my shots "au naturelle" as MPH puts it!

~~Tides~~
08-Oct-09, 00:12

It is a fact that the photo is a bit out of focus. However, you can't really give advice as to focus better. You turn the focusing ring until the picture is sharp. If Deemac had said this you would have said he was being patronising.

Also, with composition, its really quite hard to be able to say, with regard to a specific scene without actually being there, how to compose it better. Either a good composition has been acheived or it hasn't.