PDA

View Full Version : Can you all have a look....please

ciderally
30-Sep-09, 19:43
The Prince's Rainforest Project .....I hope you will have a look.....sign up and tell your friends...thanks
http://www.rainforestsos.org/
On September 30th 2009 The Prince’s Rainforests Project (PRP) launches its Rainforest SOS campaign. Following on from the success of the public awareness phase of the project launched in May this year, which has seen over 4.2 million view the campaign frog film, the PRP is now asking people across the globe to send a Rainforest SOS message to show their support for emergency action for the rainforests.
On behalf of the rainforests, the PRP is asking everyone to send an SOS in the form of their name, and an optional short message. This message is to demonstrate the level of public support for action to be taken to stop rainforest destruction because of the impact of the burning of forests on climate change. Such a message is vital ahead of global climate change negotiations in Copenhagen this December.

ciderally
30-Sep-09, 21:17
cant beleive no one wants to save the rain forrest?

redeyedtreefrog
30-Sep-09, 21:50
I did it. :)

ciderally
30-Sep-09, 22:23
I did it. :)
well thank you very much..looks like we are on our own:roll:...bo hoo..

luskentyre
30-Sep-09, 22:28
One more...

ciderally
30-Sep-09, 22:40
One more...
ah we are rocking an rollin now:D thank you

butterfly
30-Sep-09, 23:57
I did it too Ciderally!

ciderally
01-Oct-09, 08:54
I did it too Ciderally!
well thank you Butterfly....for joining the team xx

brandy
01-Oct-09, 08:58
have added my name as well

Mister Squiggle
01-Oct-09, 09:46
I'm in! :)

ciderally
01-Oct-09, 12:39
thanks all..... i was beginning to dispair that no one cared enough xx

changilass
01-Oct-09, 13:08
I don't think its that no one cares, its just that there have been so many - sign up for this / vote for this / support this, threads of late that folks are becoming imune to them and don't even bother reading in most cases.

Mystical Potato Head
01-Oct-09, 13:26
thanks all..... i was beginning to dispair that no one cared enough xx

Plenty of people care but it takes a lot more than signing up for this ,that or whatever to change things.
Did you see the tv prog,land of the lost volcano? That explanied the difficulties in protecting
the rain forest in PNG.Loads of new species found in an area that the loggers are only some 20 miles away from.Unless their goverment can make more money out of the wild life than they can out of the logging then its a struggle to get them to change their way of thinking.

Hoida
01-Oct-09, 13:32
I signed last night and OH has signed this morning

ciderally
01-Oct-09, 15:55
Plenty of people care but it takes a lot more than signing up for this ,that or whatever to change things.
Did you see the tv prog,land of the lost volcano? That explanied the difficulties in protecting
the rain forest in PNG.Loads of new species found in an area that the loggers are only some 20 miles away from.Unless their goverment can make more money out of the wild life than they can out of the logging then its a struggle to get them to change their way of thinking.
yea i watched that programe....which makes it all the more urgent that we all show our support any way we can....i quote...

On behalf of the rainforests, the PRP is asking everyone to send an SOS in the form of their name, and an optional short message. This message is to demonstrate the level of public support for action to be taken to stop rainforest destruction because of the impact of the burning of forests on climate change. Such a message is vital ahead of global climate change negotiations in Copenhagen this December.

so if it helps in any way at all ...take the time to fill out the form all of two lines ..xx

Venture
01-Oct-09, 16:08
I've added mine too.

Julia
01-Oct-09, 16:17
I signed up today and have added a link to my Facebook page

ciderally
01-Oct-09, 17:06
a big thank you everyone...im sure its not all in vain...xx

George Brims
01-Oct-09, 17:40
Done it! Also sent it on to a bunch of other people.

Mystical Potato Head
01-Oct-09, 17:56
These climate change negotiations have being going on too long without any big decisions being agreed on,every country is looking at their own interests first,not the planets and until such time as they change that attitude i'm afraid these talks will just be nothing more than talks.
All that will be achieved is more political wrangling.
There was a real sence of urgency by the worlds politicians to keep the world below the danger level 2 degree temperature change or so they would have us believe.
They all talked the talk but have so far not walked the walk and i see no reason to think this will change,i'm not being pessimistic,just realistic.

An International Climate Science Conference at Oxford this week is called 4 Degrees and Beyond because the time for action on the 2 degree promise is fast running out.So whats the next "target " the politicians can pretend to try and reach and agreement on.

The WWF have being doing similar for years ( Rainforest SOS is nothing new).originally saving the rainforest for the endangered animals,before global warming/climate change became the big rallying cry.

So why not sign this one as well.http://www.wwf.org.uk/

ciderally
01-Oct-09, 18:53
These climate change negotiations have being going on too long without any big decisions being agreed on,every country is looking at their own interests first,not the planets and until such time as they change that attitude i'm afraid these talks will just be nothing more than talks.
All that will be achieved is more political wrangling.
There was a real sence of urgency by the worlds politicians to keep the world below the danger level 2 degree temperature change or so they would have us believe.
They all talked the talk but have so far not walked the walk and i see no reason to think this will change,i'm not being pessimistic,just realistic.

An International Climate Science Conference at Oxford this week is called 4 Degrees and Beyond because the time for action on the 2 degree promise is fast running out.So whats the next "target " the politicians can pretend to try and reach and agreement on.

The WWF have being doing similar for years ( Rainforest SOS is nothing new).originally saving the rainforest for the endangered animals,before global warming/climate change became the big rallying cry.

So why not sign this one as well.http://www.wwf.org.uk/
I hear what your saying and I am member of WWF and have signed all the campaigns going, and adopted a polar bear and panda, and I know all the if's and but's ...quote from the site..

Many of the world’s biggest online portals and well-known brands are coming together to support the PRP’s Rainforest SOS campaign. Partners will be carrying information about the campaign and the sign up request through their customer and employee channels via dedicated homepages, email signatures, customer communications, website content and donated banner space. The launch of the Rainforest SOS campaign will for the first time see AOL, Yahoo, Google, MySpace, Facebook, The John Lewis Partnership, BT, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Virgin and Sky, amongst others, unite behind this vitally important cause.

Lets all back the powers that be and let them know we care..xx

Fstevens
01-Oct-09, 18:55
Hi I am in as well:)

Mystical Potato Head
01-Oct-09, 20:16
I hear what your saying and I am member of WWF and have signed all the campaigns going, and adopted a polar bear and panda, and I know all the if's and but's ...quote from the site..

Many of the world’s biggest online portals and well-known brands are coming together to support the PRP’s Rainforest SOS campaign. Partners will be carrying information about the campaign and the sign up request through their customer and employee channels via dedicated homepages, email signatures, customer communications, website content and donated banner space. The launch of the Rainforest SOS campaign will for the first time see AOL, Yahoo, Google, MySpace, Facebook, The John Lewis Partnership, BT, Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Virgin and Sky, amongst others, unite behind this vitally important cause.

Lets all back the powers that be and let them know we care..xx

Sorry for boring you with the quotes,you may know it all but im sure there are others who will have never looked at the WWF site and i'm sure would learn a great deal from it.
Just so long as people people follow up their interest after they sign the petition,otherwise its difficult to gather momentum with any campaign.