PDA

View Full Version : donald trump /Aberdeen council

hilary
30-Sep-09, 19:16
should you wish to ask ABERDEEN COUNCIL TO SAY NO TO COMPULSARY PURCHASE OF FOLKS HOMES GO TO http:||38degrees.org.uk/donaldtrump

Kodiak
30-Sep-09, 19:20
I think you mean this as the Link :-

http://38degrees.org.uk/page/s/aberdeenshire

ywindythesecond
30-Sep-09, 23:00
I think you mean this as the Link :-

http://38degrees.org.uk/page/s/aberdeenshire

Aberdeen Council will vote on compulsory purchase orders to throw people out of their homes to build a golf course and it is aided and abetted by the Scottish Government. Please sign the petition as soon as you read the information. Tomorrow will be too late and you might soon find yourself in the same position to make way for a windfarm, another favourite with the Scottish Government.

peter macdonald
01-Oct-09, 08:18
Compulsary purchase (or the threat of)has been used in Lord knows how many schemes in Caithness alone for decades It was used to buy and knock down houses in Vansittart St Nicholson St etc to accommodate the house building schemes in the 60s and 70s
Houses in Keiss and Lybster were also built in earlier schemes because old properties were bought up. The centre of Wick was also changed after purchase of buildings in the 70s Also many road widening schemes depend on CP (or the threat of)or they just dont go ahead
As an example 18 Huddart St Wick was bought for 1800 pounds in 1968 and demolished soon after to be replaced by a new structure
... If you want to get details of more examples look at the old files of the John O Groat Journal for the late 60s and early 70s One case in fact for a Mr Rosie of Bexley Tce made the national press
before it was settled out of court
In the above the council offered a price which was above the going rate on a case by case basis and if you argued hard enough you could get some more concessions such as reduced rent on rehousing ,choice of a house etc etc No one was thrown out on the street and many were glad of a modern house
As you can see this was long before the days of a Scottish Government and the scheme in Pulteney was done under a council with independent councillors and a Labour Government in Westminster
PM

digital02
01-Oct-09, 08:41
Aberdeen Council will vote on compulsory purchase orders to throw people out of their homes to build a golf course and it is aided and abetted by the Scottish Government. Please sign the petition as soon as you read the information. Tomorrow will be too late and you might soon find yourself in the same position to make way for a windfarm, another favourite with the Scottish Government.

DON'T SIGN PETITION
These people are trying to ruin investment in an area that most places can only dream about. Aberdeen council and Scottish Government are completly correct with what they are doing, what an oppurtunity for the area to have the facilities that are to be built.

golach
01-Oct-09, 09:32
DON'T SIGN PETITION
These people are trying to ruin investment in an area that most places can only dream about. Aberdeen council and Scottish Government are completly correct with what they are doing, what an oppurtunity for the area to have the facilities that are to be built.

"These people" as you refer to them as are only trying to keep the houses they have lived in for years. What is wrong with that?
I personally hope the Aberdeen council have a bit of common sense and throw out this threat of compulsary purchase.
Our First Minister is too chummy with Mr Trump in my opinion, is Wee Eck being offered a free membership for this facility if and when it is built?

joxville
01-Oct-09, 18:25
I haven't any problem with compulsory purchase orders if it's a genuine case to improve an area for social benefit, i.e. new council housing, new schools and amenities. I am against CPO's simply to satisfy an egotist like Donald Trump, who thinks he can walk all over the 'little people', and whose sole aim is to amass even more millions of dollars, whilst at the same time providing yet another playground for his rich cronies. If he feels the area needs him so much then perhaps, as a gesture of goodwill, he should give everyone affected, parents and children, by the CPO a free lifetime membership to use the golf course and amenities.

Oh look, there goes a flying pig.

hilary
01-Oct-09, 19:25
GOING by the telly it loooks like the scottish gov.could be putting in money in to D. TRUMPS scheme .I agree it is a shame for the residents being left in limbo not knowing how the aberdeen council is going to decide.
We dont want to be in this position geting our homes demolished for wind farms

tonkatojo
01-Oct-09, 20:10
GOING by the telly it loooks like the scottish gov.could be putting in money in to D. TRUMPS scheme .I agree it is a shame for the residents being left in limbo not knowing how the aberdeen council is going to decide.
We dont want to be in this position geting our homes demolished for wind farms

Well there's a surprise on both counts, Its a bit like the Highland council V ASDA will they have an interest/investment in the golf set up, besides the revenue in council tax and business rates that will be forthcoming.
perhaps Trump contributes to SNP party funds.
Either way it's a forgone conclusion, compulsory purchase for sure.

WeeBurd
01-Oct-09, 20:11
I spotted this on the Grampian news a couple of days ago. I'm not surprised these people don't want to give up their houses, they're in a great location with beautiful views... it's shocking that they can own and stay in these properties for many years untroubled, and then Mr BigBucks waves his wad, and boom, all of a sudden they are being threatened with being kicked out of their own homes that they work hard to pay for.

I've no doubt others in the area are frustrated at the few families are affected, but why should they be bullied into moving, when they're perfectly happy where they are :confused?

Jester
01-Oct-09, 20:40
Here is a thought:-

Are the folks not willing to sell, just playing hard to get, so as to maximise the money that they receive for their property?
Sounds like a good idea to me.

Also noticed on the news that Trump's spokesperson said they are negotiating directly with all parties involved. Sounds like direct financial offers to the house owners.

It throws up the age old question, does everybody have their price?

WeeBurd
01-Oct-09, 21:32
It's a good question, Jester. Mind you, I've no doubt they've been offered substantial amounts already, and they're still not budging.

Though my question would be, do they have to have a price? It seems there are many locals who are deeply unhappy that they are holding the process up by sticking to their guns, but why should they be paid off, or just accept whatever money is thrown in their direction if the don't want to move? Why should they be expected to take the money and shut up?

My home is no castle, lol, but it would take a heck of a house in a heck of a location (amongst many other things) to shift me and my family out of our current abode, although MrBurd may disagree with my sentiments :lol:!

Twiggy
01-Oct-09, 22:37
reminds me off the clearences in Sutherlandshire:mad:

Fly
01-Oct-09, 23:31
If he wants a playground for the rich let him go and build it in America. It may bring a few jobs to the area but I doubt if the locals will benefit as much as we are led to believe. I certainly don't agree with the CPO's. Leave people alone to live in their own homes. How would Trump feel if someone tried to do that to him?[disgust]

cuddlepop
02-Oct-09, 21:34
As usual our elected councillors chose to sit on the fence for now and not put these poor people out of their misery.

I cant begin to imagine what its like to wake up every day and think is it today,are they going to force the sale of my house regardless of what I want.:(

If this is allowed to go ahead for a Private Developer,no one's home will every be their "castle".

It would enable these developers to do as they want for maximum profit....scarey,really scarey.:eek: