PDA

View Full Version : Pressurised "selling"

cuddlepop
30-Sep-09, 15:18
Awhile ago we had a thread about a charity going round the doors asking people to set up a monthly DD with them,was it Oxfam?

Just off the phone to my daughter who lives in a flat in Glasgow,she was telling me about the Oxfam guy who came to her door late lastnight.Someone must have let him in as its a secure entrance.
This person would not go away and she felt pressurised into agreeing to set up a DD of £8 a month.
This may not seem alot but as a student she just cant afford it.:(

Today she went to the bank to cancel it and was told that they have to activate the DD Oxfam's end before it can be canceled.
This means they get at least £8 from her.They also have all her bank details so I really hope it was an authentic ID.

Are these people on commission?:eek:

Kodiak
30-Sep-09, 15:34
Why give out your Bank Details if you do not wish to do so. All you need to do is to say NO and close the door. Simples !!!

cuddlepop
30-Sep-09, 15:39
Why give out your Bank Details if you do not wish to do so. All you need to do is to say NO and close the door. Simples !!!

You and I can say no but a lone female who just wants rid of this guy just gave them out.
I'd have polietly but firmly said no:Razz

Bobinovich
30-Sep-09, 17:07
If they don't ask to see the card or account details, you can always lie about the card/account number or sort code just to get rid of them. If you're filling it in yourself it's no problem to do!

cuddlepop
30-Sep-09, 17:14
If they don't ask to see the card or account details, you can always lie about the card/account number or sort code just to get rid of them. If you're filling it in yourself it's no problem to do!

Thats wicked but I like it.:lol:

Bloo
30-Sep-09, 18:52
Tell them to sod off and close the door. Some bloke actually walked into my house before![evil] Was soon taken care of however ;)[lol]