PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for halloween outfit on the cheap!

ShelleyCowie
29-Sep-09, 20:40
Well me and Athrun are going to a halloween party that my mum is having (she runs a youth group)

She says that both me and athrun have to dress up and to be honest i really do not have the cash to buy something for both of us! :eek:

It cant be anything like witches, devils, goblins etc etc because the party is held in the back room of the church and they wont allow it.

So something ideas please! I have 2 black bags of old clothes that i can use to make stuff but to be honest i cant even sew up a hole in a pocket!

Im so stuck!!!!

HELP

Dadie
29-Sep-09, 20:46
You could go as a cat!
Headband with ears, a ribbon collar, a sock stuffed for a tail, black top and trousers and a eyeliner nose and whiskers!

ShelleyCowie
29-Sep-09, 21:04
You could go as a cat!
Headband with ears, a ribbon collar, a sock stuffed for a tail, black top and trousers and a eyeliner nose and whiskers!

Need somethin for the wee man too! Lol

redeyedtreefrog
29-Sep-09, 21:05

You could probably get a wee pumpkin suit cheap out of Tescos.

Venture
29-Sep-09, 21:08
Shelley how about you both go as a couple of pirates. T-shirt, stripey trousers or pyjamas preferably old ones that you can cut to the knees, waistcoat, scarf to use for band round your waist and another like a silk scarf to tie around your head. Don't forget a patch and an earing and a paint on moustache.;)

mums angels
29-Sep-09, 21:09

I'd have to check but i am sure i have a few little unscary boys outfits in the loft that may do the little man if you were interested .

Bazeye
29-Sep-09, 21:30
Pirates,used to be, and still are vicious, bloodthirsty murderers. Is it a sign of the times that parents like to dress their kids up like these people. Makes me wonder what the little ones will be wearing as fancy dress in the future, suicide bomber vests or leather rapist hoods?:eek:

Cattach
30-Sep-09, 14:54
Well me and Athrun are going to a halloween party that my mum is having (she runs a youth group)

She says that both me and athrun have to dress up and to be honest i really do not have the cash to buy something for both of us! :eek:

It cant be anything like witches, devils, goblins etc etc because the party is held in the back room of the church and they wont allow it.

So something ideas please! I have 2 black bags of old clothes that i can use to make stuff but to be honest i cant even sew up a hole in a pocket!

Im so stuck!!!!

HELP

Since Hallowe'en is all about the balck arts, the occult and such like then I am surprised it is in a church hall. However, if they are allowing it then they should not be restricting what people wear. It is like having a Christmas Carol Service where you are not allowed to mention Jesus.

ŠAmethyst
30-Sep-09, 15:48
Since Hallowe'en is all about the balck arts, the occult and such like then I am surprised it is in a church hall. However, if they are allowing it then they should not be restricting what people wear. It is like having a Christmas Carol Service where you are not allowed to mention Jesus.

I always thought that the point of these events for children that attend a church is so that they don't feel left out. So that they can have a story to tell when they go back to school... that way the other kids can see that they had fun and aren't secluded from society.

I could quite happily quote a passage from the bible, but I won't risk it on these forums.

But then I wouldn't have said that it was "all about the black arts, the occult and such like". For Christians it is All Saints Day. For Christians and Pagans alike, it's the end of harvest. To celebrate what the summer has brought us etc. Yet these days, it's more for children. Which is the one thing I actually like about it.

Personally, I always enjoyed that sort of thing when I was involved with the local churches.

I like the idea of a cat... and your son could be a kitten... or is that too 'girly'? :\