PDA

View Full Version : Calor Gas Bottles

Sketch
29-Sep-09, 10:35
Can anyone tell me the cheepest place to get Calor Gas Bottles?x

chaz
29-Sep-09, 10:38
Can anyone tell me the cheepest place to get Calor Gas Bottles?x

Iv got an empty here you can have then it will cost you less for a refill:)

phil1958
29-Sep-09, 10:39
hi is it the refill of gas your after or just the bottles ...if its the gas then there pretty much the same all around and if its empty bottles then try recycle centre in wick or thurso im sure they can help u ...

Sketch
29-Sep-09, 10:40
That's very nice of you, I have got a bottle already but I just need the refill but wondered where the best place was to refill it.x

chaz
29-Sep-09, 10:42
That's very nice of you, I have got a bottle already but I just need the refill but wondered where the best place was to refill it.x
Thats ok,i get mine from allans of gillock not sure on anywhere elses prices.If you want a spare give me a shout:)

Sketch
29-Sep-09, 10:43
Hi,

Yeah, it's just a refill. Any Idea what they charge? x

Sketch
29-Sep-09, 10:47
Me and the missus are going to try Allan's o Gillock. I'll post the result later. Thanks again guys! ;)

tonkatojo
29-Sep-09, 11:03
Me and the missus are going to try Allan's o Gillock. I'll post the result later. Thanks again guys! ;)

Take a bank loan out, I think you will need it. ;)
Seriously there isn't any cheap calor up here.

BillyEspie
29-Sep-09, 12:24
if you go to anywhere outside of caithness you will get a large bottle of gas anywhere for £45. but in caithness they charge £68+ for a bottle of gas it's a total robbery at that price...

Sketch
29-Sep-09, 19:33
Well, in the end we went to the heating centre in town and the total cost of a gas fill (replaced the empty for a full one) £25.50, a 15kg size mmmmmmm does seem a little expencive :(. Thank you all for you advice.x

Cattach
30-Sep-09, 14:40
if you go to anywhere outside of caithness you will get a large bottle of gas anywhere for £45. but in caithness they charge £68+ for a bottle of gas it's a total robbery at that price...

Price set by Calor Gas so should not blame the local business. As with petrol the companies have greater control over the price than the local retailer. That being the case not much difference in price wherever one goes. I have used Travis Perkin and Ross in Thurso and price was about the same as I recall. When I was south with the caravan and purchased the smaller size the price was more or less what I paid in Thurso locally when I left so do not where the big difference here comes about.
The price also moves with the international oil/gas price so higher at this time.
Nothing is ever as simple and straightforward as it sounds.

Dog-eared
30-Sep-09, 20:59
The bigger the bottle, the less £ per Kilo, I think.