PDA

View Full Version : nosiey upstairs neighbours

purplelady
28-Sep-09, 23:23
I have new upstairs neighbours who are so nosiey it is unreal they are chinese and whenever you ask them to keep the nosie down they say they cannot understand they even put notes though their door asking them to keep the nosie , i think they have a small child who is allowed to run and jump around the flat till 9 or 10 at nite and my whole flat shakes . I have imformed the council but they have done nothing or if they have they are taking no notice just wondering if anyone on her has any suggestions x

teenybash
28-Sep-09, 23:51
Poor you................can you not ask the council what you need to do to prove the noise is bad and disturbing. I thought it was part of the councils job to investigate and would measure the level of noise for you.......maybe I'm wrong but, it is worth asking them again if they can help.

Whitewater
28-Sep-09, 23:52
I can offer no solution. But I remember many years ago while living in Sydney, Australia, I worked shifts, and one particular week I was on night shift, I just could get no sleep because of hammering and all sorts of wierd noises coming from next door, after a few days I got fed up, asked them if they could keep it quiet but it had no effect. So just before going out on night shift I put on a pipeband record, turned the volume up, set the record player to repeat and went to work. The effect was amazing, I was asked next morning when I would be sleeping so that they could arrange the banging and thumping around my sleep pattern. We became good friends after that but I think I put them off pipebands for ever.

Fran
29-Sep-09, 00:43
The enviromental health dept will help you, they will come round and monitor the noise heard in your flat etc.

BINBOB
29-Sep-09, 09:38
The enviromental health dept will help you, they will come round and monitor the noise heard in your flat etc.

In an ideal world....they just might.................then again ..they just might NOT!!!:roll:

Scunner
29-Sep-09, 09:42

If you listen to the environmental health dept, they are so busy that they have no time to come and monitor noise.

Gizmo
29-Sep-09, 09:50
I have new upstairs neighbours who are so nosiey it is unreal they are chinese and whenever you ask them to keep the nosie down they say they cannot understand they even put notes though their door asking them to keep the nosie , i think they have a small child who is allowed to run and jump around the flat till 9 or 10 at nite and my whole flat shakes . I have imformed the council but they have done nothing or if they have they are taking no notice just wondering if anyone on her has any suggestions x

I doubt very much there is anything that can be done if it's a child that is making the noise from running around. It's the terrible build quality of the council houses that are to blame more than anything else, i once lived above an old gurning witch who once complained that she could hear me urinating...loudly, i kid you not, i couldn't believe it :lol:

router
29-Sep-09, 16:10
From experience i can tell you that Enviromental Health will tell you that it is Human traffic noise, like a washing machine, tv and kids playing and jumping.

When we first moved we lived in a up stairs flat and the neighbours below complained about the noise, EH came and sat in there flat and listened. The complaintee was told there was nothing wrong with the noise and that they could do nothing to help them.

Also the time of unsociable hours is after 11pm so they are not doing anything wrong.

I do feel sorry for you but atleast they are not playing loud banging music like some or making your life hell in any other way, there are worse neighbours than that.

Oh and they have 3 little ones that live in the flat above, ages ranging between baby and 3.

Margaret M.
29-Sep-09, 17:05
whenever you ask them to keep the nosie down they say they cannot understand they even put notes though their door asking them to keep the nosie

They've probably been scanning the English to Chinese dictionary and are mystified as to why you are asking them to keep their noses down. Slip them a note asking them to keep the noise down and see if it works. :D

BINBOB
29-Sep-09, 18:05
They've probably been scanning the English to Chinese dictionary and are mystified as to why you are asking them to keep their noses down. Slip them a note asking them to keep the noise down and see if it works. :D

Heeeeeheeeeeee[lol]

Bazeye
29-Sep-09, 21:14
Just make more noise than they do and see who gets gets fed up first. Rammstein or similar should do the trick.

poppett
29-Sep-09, 21:57
Many many moons ago I used the record on repeat in the bathroom with the bath full of water.........what an echo. Worked a treat as I was in a middle flat with noisy neighbours above and below me. Oh. just remembered, the record was a (borrowed) Sydney Divine one. We all became good friends in the block of six flats.

purplelady
29-Sep-09, 22:56
that is what i have done three times i had a call from a man from the council today and he said that he was going to go speak to them , and i think he may have this afternoon not sure but i saw a man leaving there this afternoon and by 7 tonite things were deff a lot queitier so i will have to wait and see have to say used to be so careful shutting doors etc but not anymore they have to realise they cannot let this happen , I know kids have to run around i
accept that but this is someone a child i think jumping of of the windowstill i think and my whole flat shaking surely that cannot be put down to normal human traffic x

Bazeye
29-Sep-09, 23:51
How bigs the child?

purplelady
30-Sep-09, 23:03
have no idea how big the child is to be honest but i do know it is very nosiey like a herd of elehants at times think it must run around with its shoes on and maybe they have no carpets down not reallt sure

exothermic
30-Sep-09, 23:18
Please, the word is "noisy" . Lets hope they don't become "nosey" as well !