PDA

View Full Version : Flash Chat

BillyEspie
28-Sep-09, 21:34
Hey everyone why does nobody ever use the flash chat only for quizes, like i'm sure there are plenty of people out there that are new to the area who'd love a friend or two up here. i know i'd love to make new friends up here.

Kathy@watten
28-Sep-09, 22:02
I have gone onto the chat facility a few times to find I am there "billy no mates" perhaps it is only used as a place for the quiz which I have planned to try but kids are usually about and need something just as it starts so have as yet failed to even start it.

Bobinovich
28-Sep-09, 22:06
You should find that as the nights draw in the chat has a few folk in in the evenings

Leanne
28-Sep-09, 22:23
I've been on a couple of times but I tend to "chat" on facebook to people I know. I use the forum for information and lively debate :) The times I did have a look it was ab it barren :(

BillyEspie
29-Sep-09, 11:36
well you can find me on face book but then i tend to find people from up here on facebook and you say hi and they dont reply so it's just my family who seems to speak every now and again. lol so would anyone like to chat some time?

Rie
29-Sep-09, 16:04
all depends on time of evening and time of year as to how busy flash chat is,
As the winter draws in it becomes more active and enjoyable,

Kathy@watten
29-Sep-09, 16:35
Well gave flash chat another wee go, just as I got there there was another person there...whoopee I thought one person and a chance to try it out one to one rather than being a bit fish out of water so to speak with a big group. As soon as i managed to type my hellos the person logged out..not so friendly really. Am now cheesed off!

tootz
29-Sep-09, 16:38
I Often Go On Flash Chat But Theres Never Anyone There So I Gave Up! :lol:

Kevin Milkins
29-Sep-09, 17:30
I like flash chat when there are only a couple in thier, but struggle to keep up when more people join in and I just get confused.:confused.

If you want to sign on to the org and go into flash chat, then minimize that tab and sign into the org again using a new tab, you can have a look around whats going on the forums, and it will show you loged onto flashchat at the bottom of the the first page so anyone wanting to chat to you can log in.
When someone enters the chat room it makes a distinctive noise, (so you will need your speakears on) and this will alert you to someone in the chat room and you can change tabs and start chatting.:Razz

redeyedtreefrog
29-Sep-09, 19:34
im there now if anyone's coming

Invisible
29-Sep-09, 19:42
just post thread in the chatroom sections when your going on and see if anyone comes to chat. that what i would do.

Bobinovich
29-Sep-09, 21:50
Well gave flash chat another wee go, just as I got there there was another person there...whoopee I thought one person and a chance to try it out one to one rather than being a bit fish out of water so to speak with a big group. As soon as i managed to type my hellos the person logged out..not so friendly really. Am now cheesed off!

Don't take it personally Kathy :D - if someone goes in and then leaves without hitting the red log out button, they remain logged in as far as the system is concerned. Although it appears that they're there they're actually not. When someone else comes in the software realises the person has left without logging out and automatically logs them out.

Kathy@watten
29-Sep-09, 22:24
There was me thinking I cyber smell! Will try again another time then and at some point might find a suitable chatter!

tootz
30-Sep-09, 15:48
Theres Loads Of People On Right Now & Only Little Old Me Is In Flash Chat :eek::(