PDA

View Full Version : Help End World Hunger

redeyedtreefrog
28-Sep-09, 18:14
At http://www.freerice.com/, they will donate 10 grains of rice to the UN Food Fund fro every question you get right. I've got 1000 grains to my name :D. Makes you feel quite proud, hmm?

Metalattakk
28-Sep-09, 18:55
http://www.thepcspy.com/read/is_freericecom_making_150k_each_day_in_profits

redeyedtreefrog
28-Sep-09, 19:06
http://www.thepcspy.com/read/is_freericecom_making_150k_each_day_in_profits

mm, but they still donate rice to hungry people.

Metalattakk
28-Sep-09, 19:08
mm, but they still donate rice to hungry people.

Yeah, but they make a profit by doing so. Surely you could just donate to a registered charity instead?

redeyedtreefrog
28-Sep-09, 19:12
Yeah, but they make a profit by doing so. Surely you could just donate to a registered charity instead?

Not as fun as doing little quizzes. And you know exactly what you've contributed.

Metalattakk
28-Sep-09, 19:18
Ok, have fun then. But don't dress it up by saying you're ending world hunger by doing your little 'fun' quizzes.

Bazeye
28-Sep-09, 19:29
Im a bit peckish now.

Tubthumper
28-Sep-09, 19:31
Try this one, Bazeye: Frankly, my dear, a famous film...

_ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

Leanne
28-Sep-09, 19:35
Oh bah humbug. Not everyone can be a philanthropist. If a small(ish) profit to a company allows rice to be donated to a third world country then it's not all bad.

Metalattakk
28-Sep-09, 19:40
Oh bah humbug. Not everyone can be a philanthropist.
Why not?

If a small(ish) profit to a company allows rice to be donated to a third world country then it's not all bad.
Smallish? Thousands of dollars a day in profits? And not only that, they're using the plight of starving people to drum up business.

Have your fun playing their 'game', but for crying out loud, don't kid yourself that you're/they're saving anyone's life while you're/they're at it.

joxville
28-Sep-09, 19:45
Have your fun playing their 'game', but for crying out loud, don't kid yourself that you're/they're saving anyone's life while you're/they're at it.

I absolutely agree.

Kevin Milkins
28-Sep-09, 20:52
Nobody would get fed on my quiz skills.:~(

joxville
28-Sep-09, 22:32
Nobody would get fed on my quiz skills.:~(

They would feast like Kings on mine. :)

Bazeye
29-Sep-09, 21:24
Try this one, Bazeye: Frankly, my dear, a famous film...

_ _ _ _ /_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

????????????eh?

Tubthumper
29-Sep-09, 22:58
????????????eh?
Sorry Baz, a wee bit fun. Thought as you was feeling peckish, a little quiz might help? I would of sent some rice.
It was meant to be like you fill the letters in, makes the name of a famous film, a wee hint as well.
Work with me on this one, please?
Oh well.

Bazeye
29-Sep-09, 23:57
Sorry Baz, a wee bit fun. Thought as you was feeling peckish, a little quiz might help? I would of sent some rice.
It was meant to be like you fill the letters in, makes the name of a famous film, a wee hint as well.
Work with me on this one, please?
Oh well.

Got you now. i just wondered what you were on about. A bit too subtle for me after a twelve hour shift. :)