PDA

View Full Version : Postal Deliveries

Hoida
28-Sep-09, 17:45
Posted a parcel to Dundee last Thursday and a card further south at the same time neither has arrived and when I checked postal services were working as normal in these areas. I know that others have had problems with mail going south never reaching. has anyone else had a problem. When you contact royal mail they say to send special delivery to guarantee mail arriving.but who can afford almost £5 every time they post something.:(

Kodiak
28-Sep-09, 17:58
You do not say by what method you posted the Parcel. If it was posted by SP, Standard Parcels, then 5 working days not counting Saturday or Sunday, is the normal delivery.

Also on the card you never said if you posted 1st or 2nd class.

tootz
28-Sep-09, 18:01
I Had The Same Problem I Sent 3 Of My Assesments Down To The College In Dumfries 2 Weeks Ago.. And They Still Havent Arrived! Although.. On The Other Hand... I Got A Letter From The College Today Which Was Sent On Thursday.. And It Arrived Here Ok! So I foned Royal Mail And Was Advised Its NOT Necessary To Send It Special Delivery As Everything Is Normal. I Think Somethings Messed Up Somewhere!

Hoida
28-Sep-09, 18:10
Both were sent 1st Class

changilass
28-Sep-09, 18:21
I sent post down to Newcastle on friday and it arrived on saturday lunch time - great service.

purplelady
28-Sep-09, 18:26
have sent a small package the other week infact just before 4 on the thurs it arrived in kent before 12 on fri and that cost me 90p x

cuthill
28-Sep-09, 22:34
I bought a small item on E BAY last Wednesday finishing at 5.30 pm it was posted from Portsmouth at 6.59 and i received it at 11 am Thursday SUPERFAST >>>>>>>>>>GPO.But last year i sent a card with money in it to my Grandson he is still waiting on it.

Jester
28-Sep-09, 22:53
I have found the postal service in the Highlands to be vastly superior to other parts of the UK where I have lived :D