PDA

View Full Version : Xbox- Red ring of death

candyfloss
28-Sep-09, 13:46
My daughters xbox has "The red ring of death" ( flashing red lights). Someone has told her that it can be sent to a place in Germany to get fixed for free. And they will send someone to pick it up from your house.
Has anyone heard of this or knows anywhere we can get it fixed? Thanks.

rangers1873
28-Sep-09, 13:54
our last xbox 360 got the ring of death and we phoned microsoft, as long as its under warranty they will pick it up and fix it, know of a few people that had a lot of hassle when they phoned microsoft but i was one of the lucky ones. hope you get it fixed

Alice in Blunderland
28-Sep-09, 13:59
My friend had her one picked up last week by microsoft for its journey to Germany. Hers was just out of warranty so I would give them a ring. :)

Gizmo
28-Sep-09, 14:03
My daughters xbox has "The red ring of death" ( flashing red lights). Someone has told her that it can be sent to a place in Germany to get fixed for free. And they will send someone to pick it up from your house.
Has anyone heard of this or knows anywhere we can get it fixed? Thanks.

If it's less than 3 years old, Microsoft will arrange for it to be collected and repaired.

0800 587 1102

Give them a call on that number, make sure you have the console serial number handy.

candyfloss
28-Sep-09, 14:09
Thanks everyone, she's not had it for very long, so that should be okay :)
I will let her know when she comes home from work.

joxville
28-Sep-09, 18:52
Read through this thread I had previously started about Xbox 360 failures. Take note of my experince of when I phoned them.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=65491&highlight=xbox

ShelleyCowie
28-Sep-09, 19:43
i never phone them for faults. Always log them online at www.xbox.com (http://www.xbox.com)

Its far easier and quicker. The xbox will be picked up then by AJG i think it is. We have sent our xbox's away a total of about 5 times now. The last time it was sent away for "red ring of death" it took about 3-4 weeks to come back.

As others have said make sure you get serial number and any other info if you do phone.

Also online you can find out when the warranty is due to run out!