PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking Nokia N95

Stefan
27-Sep-09, 21:53
My OH has a N95 on T-Mobile. The contract period is up and she wants to change to O2 as the reception on T-Mobile up here is pretty bad where we are.
She is happy with her phone and wants to keep it. Is there anywhere up here where she can take her phone to have it unlocked?

davem
27-Sep-09, 22:42
there is a site called tryktill or something v. similar mentioned in threads a year or so ago. You click the union jack to get it in english and go thru the steps. Worked for me on two nokias and cost nothing. You only get three go's tho then if you did it wrong you are locked out and need a shop.
Good Luck
Dave

Stefan
27-Sep-09, 22:58
I knew about that site. Many sites give away free codes for older Nokias. The N95 is a newer phone and free codes are not available anywhere.

Gronnuck
28-Sep-09, 07:03
:D Have a look at http://www.unlock123.com/default.asp The Nokia N-series are listed. I've used them in the past and found the site easy to use. If you do use them let us all know how you get on.

lazytown
28-Sep-09, 11:21
Have you tried phoning T-Mobile and asking them for the code. They may charge you for it, but they should be able to provide it to you.

Vistravi
28-Sep-09, 12:33
Stefan i know inverness isn't exactly up here but there is a shop across from the back of the old woolworths building and next to sandwich shop "Lettuce eat" which my partner took his dad's n95 to unlock it and it only took 2 mins to do.
I'd recommend if you are going to be in ness anyway to take it there. ;)

ciderally
28-Sep-09, 21:42
Stefan i know inverness isn't exactly up here but there is a shop across from the back of the old woolworths building and next to sandwich shop "Lettuce eat" which my partner took his dad's n95 to unlock it and it only took 2 mins to do.
I'd recommend if you are going to be in ness anyway to take it there. ;)
i tried that shop with a phone, they said it was too tech and too new to do....

Stefan
28-Sep-09, 22:31
I've gone the t-mobile route. They charge a flat fee of 14.68 (bit random) to send out an unlocking code which they have to order themselves. Safest and cheapest route up here I would guess.

Moonboots
28-Sep-09, 23:18
I unlocked my N95 myself. All you have to do is reflash the software on the phone. You have to get the software of the net to use which unlocks it too.

ciderally
29-Sep-09, 18:49
I unlocked my N95 myself. All you have to do is reflash the software on the phone. You have to get the software of the net to use which unlocks it too.
now what does this entail in english:eek: easy for a novice like myself or what??

Stefan
29-Sep-09, 20:23

Now, you need to be able to install that software onto a windows computer to use it... not an option for me.

Moonboots
29-Sep-09, 22:59
Yea that is true im afraid.
You need to install the software for reflashing the phone (Software upgrade)
Then install the software onto the phone if you know what i mean.