PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning up Dog Mess

sharona
27-Sep-09, 21:33
theres not enought going on about people not pickin there own dog mess up

maverick
27-Sep-09, 21:46
theres not enought going on about people not pickin there own dog mess up

my dear, unfortunately there are miserable people out there who just wont do it, the worst offenders are those who open their doors and let their dogs roam free. The dog warden knows who they are yet fails to prosecute them for fear of retribution.

sharona
27-Sep-09, 21:49
its true you walk the beach in thurso is the worst you see them walkin the dog they dont care kids play on that sand

teddybear1873
27-Sep-09, 22:20
its true you walk the beach in thurso is the worst you see them walkin the dog they dont care kids play on that sand

Pick it up and throw it at them.

Mik.M.
27-Sep-09, 22:31
my dear, unfortunately there are miserable people out there who just wont do it, the worst offenders are those who open their doors and let their dogs roam free. The dog warden knows who they are yet fails to prosecute them for fear of retrebution.
When I asked the warden about someone where I live that does this they told me to get a photo of the offenders dog and they would do something about it. I pointed out to them that a camera flash going off in the street after dark would probably be spotted by the offender.I thought it was thier job to act on information recieved.Seems not to be.I was also told that they only work till 5pm. So it seems that anything that happens after 5pm is not thier problem.

Twiggy
27-Sep-09, 22:50
When I asked the warden about someone where I live that does this they told me to get a photo of the offenders dog and they would do something about it. I pointed out to them that a camera flash going off in the street after dark would probably be spotted by the offender.I thought it was thier job to act on information recieved.Seems not to be.I was also told that they only work till 5pm. So it seems that anything that happens after 5pm is not thier problem.

I too had the same experiance---I am sick,sick off dogs mess-in my garden with gate closed and just where you step out off my gate on to the pavement,caught dog in action,reported and named dog to warden.I really do not know why they waste money paying for a warden.[evil]

ss.sv650
28-Sep-09, 07:45
i live out in the country and normally run my dogs over fields and lanes and i still make the effort to pick it up even when its in about cow and sheep leftovers its not hard to do and responsible owners always will its the rest who let us down. you can get 100's of poop bags for under a quid so its no excuse

mop top
28-Sep-09, 08:10
As Dog warden for the Highland council i find these kind of posts very personal and insulting. I cover all of Caithness and North Sutherland and am actively working on a day to day basis trying to combat dog fouling unfortunately there is only one of me and fouling is not the only issue concerning dogs i have to deal with. Fixed penalties of £40 are issued on a regular basis and quite a number have been issued over the last few weeks. Cant think of any other job people would come on here and openly slag you off for and to be honest i am getting a bit sick of it! There is a procedure for reporting offences as for posts suggesting i recommended people to take pictures of offenders that is total rubbish as pictures would prove nothing other than that the dog had fouled who is to say that the person did not pick it up 2 seconds later. I have regularly worked out of hours when reports have been made about fouling happening after 5:00pm and before 6:00am in the morning but believe it or not i have a life as well and cannot do this every day. If anyone has any dog fouling or dog related complaints please report them on 01955 607737 and they will be dealt with. In response to the comment made that i did nothing about a particuliar offender because of fear of retribution, everyone reported to me is treated on the same basis regardless of who they are! So all of you on here who have nothing better to do than to have a pop at someone who is trying their best on a daily basis i would suggest you all put your energies into contacting your councillors and such like and urging that more money and resources are put into helping combat the dog fouling problem which as long as there are dogs and irresponsible lazy owners will always exist.

BINBOB
28-Sep-09, 10:03
As Dog warden for the Highland council i find these kind of posts very personal and insulting. I cover all of Caithness and North Sutherland and am actively working on a day to day basis trying to combat dog fouling unfortunately there is only one of me and fouling is not the only issue concerning dogs i have to deal with. Fixed penalties of £40 are issued on a regular basis and quite a number have been issued over the last few weeks. Cant think of any other job people would come on here and openly slag you off for and to be honest i am getting a bit sick of it! There is a procedure for reporting offences as for posts suggesting i recommended people to take pictures of offenders that is total rubbish as pictures would prove nothing other than that the dog had fouled who is to say that the person did not pick it up 2 seconds later. I have regularly worked out of hours when reports have been made about fouling happening after 5:00pm and before 6:00am in the morning but believe it or not i have a life as well and cannot do this every day. If anyone has any dog fouling or dog related complaints please report them on 01955 607737 and they will be dealt with. In response to the comment made that i did nothing about a particuliar offender because of fear of retribution, everyone reported to me is treated on the same basis regardless of who they are! So all of you on here who have nothing better to do than to have a pop at someone who is trying their best on a daily basis i would suggest you all put your energies into contacting your councillors and such like and urging that more money and resources are put into helping combat the dog fouling problem which as long as there are dogs and irresponsible lazy owners will always exist.

Well said and I absolutely agree withn u.There is no need for u to be treated like this and u should point this out to the mods.
I could not do ur job and at the end of the day it is only POOP.never been killed or attacked by it in all of my 30years plus of dog ownership.[please I know all about the worm thing..been there heard that a million times].
People DO need to pick up ,but how can ONE dog warden make sure all do?????////
So get off ur high horses and get out there picking up poop in ur area............do something useful instead of moaning at this lady.Rant over...and out.[disgust]

Loraine
28-Sep-09, 12:37
Good for you mop top. It's nice to have some first-hand information for a change. Set everyone straight!! :D

newpark
28-Sep-09, 12:50
I saw a man today with a big alsation. The dog pooed and I gave the man a dirty look as I drove past and he waved smug as you like. I later found out he is something to do with the police dog unit. Shocking hope he is ashamed :(

BINBOB
28-Sep-09, 13:06
I saw a man today with a big alsation. The dog pooed and I gave the man a dirty look as I drove past and he waved smug as you like. I later found out he is something to do with the police dog unit. Shocking hope he is ashamed :(

Then report him.....that is just not on......[evil]

jings00
28-Sep-09, 13:33
good on ya moptop.
i have seen myself offering a poop bag (unused) to dog owners who look like they aren't going to pick up their dog's mess. usually it works.
it's a community we live in and and if more people in the community stood up and says, hey, that's wrong, then it would maybe be a more poop free place.
but it's all to easy to leave it to someone else to deal with.

Gronnuck
28-Sep-09, 13:52
Well said mop top.
Too often it’s easy to foist responsibility to an anonymous ‘official’ rather than challenge the miscreant. Often a polite word, the offer of a spare bag, is enough to remedy the situation. If you get a negative response you can at least say you tried and maybe, just maybe the offender might think about it the next time his or her dog prepares to squat.
I wouldn’t advocate shovelling the poop through the dog owner’s letter box though. Because that can inflame the situation and direct retribution upon the poor dog.

unicorn
28-Sep-09, 14:54
Well said. I try my best to always clean up after my dogs, that said I have a pup who likes to poo in the most dangerous places like middle of the road on Thurso east corner. Nearly got run down cleaning that up last time but got most of it before the car went over the bit I had not got to :eek:
I find it more embarassing to leave it and can't understand the people who pretend to clean it up and walk away having left it :roll:

sharona
28-Sep-09, 16:40
we was walkin along thurso beach wen a blokes dog did its mess so i watch he did not pick it up ,,so i asked to see if he was goin to he said on the way back down just left it as normal???

Gronnuck
28-Sep-09, 16:42
Well said. I try my best to always clean up after my dogs, that said I have a pup who likes to poo in the most dangerous places like middle of the road on Thurso east corner. Nearly got run down cleaning that up last time but got most of it before the car went over the bit I had not got to :eek:
I find it more embarassing to leave it and can't understand the people who pretend to clean it up and walk away having left it :roll:

If you were wearing black jacket, blue jeans, with boots we saw you and thought you were being overly conscientious. We didn't try to run you down honestly!:D

unicorn
28-Sep-09, 17:00
Yup sounds like me [lol] I don't like to leave it though not anywhere but I really wish she would do it in safer places [lol]

Thumper
28-Sep-09, 17:26
If someone doesnt want to clean up after their dog they shouldnt have one in the first place!I know that the dog warden cant do it all so maybe higher fines would help make people think twice about leaving their mess behind? I know of one dog owner that allows his lab to poop right under the poop bin :eek: and if I catch him in the act I will be making a formal complaint,before anyone asks how do I know it is him well there is no poop under it when I pass but when I come back a while later he is walking away and there a big poop waiting for me to step in when I deposit my dogs poo in the bin.....grrr!!!!!x

unicorn
28-Sep-09, 17:32
There is just no need not to clean it up, someone had left a mess on the path that turns onto the beach at Thurso east once and in her haste my pup ran forward slipped trying to avoid it and ended up covered. Had I seen the owner of the dog that left that I probably would have throttled them.

Liz
28-Sep-09, 19:10

Well said and I absolutely agree withn u.There is no need for u to be treated like this and u should point this out to the mods.
I could not do ur job and at the end of the day it is only POOP.never been killed or attacked by it in all of my 30years plus of dog ownership.[please I know all about the worm thing..been there heard that a million times].
People DO need to pick up ,but how can ONE dog warden make sure all do?????////
So get off ur high horses and get out there picking up poop in ur area............do something useful instead of moaning at this lady.Rant over...and out.[disgust]

Och never heed them mop top. You do a great work and I am sure it is much appreciated by the majority of people.

redeyedtreefrog
28-Sep-09, 19:15
Really annoys me when the mess isn't even cleaned up when it's directly under a lamppost with a sign on warning of penalties fro fouling.

Fstevens
28-Sep-09, 19:25
What is this down, people seem to have on Anne the Dog Warden?? she is my friend, and one of the most caring person I know, she takes her job MOST seriously, and has a great caring nature for all dogs.

She works alone on everything to do with dogs, maybe people could be a bit more thoughtful to this young lady, and help to make things a bit easier by not dumping on her, a little thanks goes a long way

And she deserve to be treated with respect.:(:(:(

Tubthumper
28-Sep-09, 19:35
Agree FSteven, but those who were on her case at the start of the thread seem to have gone all quiet. Strange that, eh?

EDDIE
28-Sep-09, 19:50

is there anywere in the council that publish figures for the amount of fixed penaltys handed out?

BINBOB
28-Sep-09, 22:38
Agree FSteven, but those who were on her case at the start of the thread seem to have gone all quiet. Strange that, eh?

I think they simply discovered that there was more support for Anne than they ever thought!!Keep ur chin up,Anne................;)

BINBOB
28-Sep-09, 22:39
What is this down, people seem to have on Anne the Dog Warden?? she is my friend, and one of the most caring person I know, she takes her job MOST seriously, and has a great caring nature for all dogs.

She works alone on everything to do with dogs, maybe people could be a bit more thoughtful to this young lady, and help to make things a bit easier by not dumping on her, a little thanks goes a long way

And she deserve to be treated with respect.:(

Absolutely...Definitely.....;)

Jester
28-Sep-09, 22:50
I have 2 pooches, and tidying up behind them is no effort at all. There really is no excuse for not tidying up behind man's best friend.

Rheghead
28-Sep-09, 22:55
I was so guilt ridden about walking my dog in Dunnet forest that I found myself clearing up days old dog poo the other week. Is that sad or whit?:confused Or am I just another flippin mug with too high principles for my own good?:lol:

Jester
28-Sep-09, 23:00
I was so guilt ridden about walking my dog in Dunnet forest that I found myself clearing up days old dog poo the other week. Is that sad or whit?:confused Or am I just another flippin mug with too high principles for my own good?:lol:

I am always happy to tidy up behind my own pooches, but I do draw the line at another dog's cold efforts :confused
Well done you though, if you are willing to do others dirty work - although it shouldn't be there in the first place!

Liz
28-Sep-09, 23:08

And she deserve to be treated with respect.:(:(:(

I totally agree with you and, as I said, I am sure the majority do value the great work she does in caring for the dogs in our county.

I know that Anne is a genuine dog lover and will do everything in her power to help.
However, she is only one person and can't be everywhere at once so the public have a responsibility to make sure people such as those who let their dogs foul public areas are brought to task.

It's all too easy to point the finger at one person and blame them when we all should play our part.

It would be nice if those of you who upset Anne had the courtesy to apologise!

Leanne
28-Sep-09, 23:47
but I do draw the line at another dog's cold efforts :confused

No good for keeping you hand warm in winter if it isn't fresh ;) That is not my direct quote but something someone once said to me that I though was hilarious. my neighbour used fresh poop bags as handwarmer [disgust]

Jester
28-Sep-09, 23:54
my neighbour used fresh poop bags as handwarmer [disgust]

It's a fact :Razz

GruesomeTwosome
29-Sep-09, 07:46
There is no excuse for not cleaning up after your own dog. There are free poo bags available from the council offices and sometimes available in village shops.

It is not only disgusting to come across another dogs poo's but they can also be dangerous to other dogs and young children by the diseases which can be passed on if they were to come into contact.

Anne is a fantastically enthusiastic dog warden IMO, she takes her job more seriously than anyone I know and deserves the public's respect and support. Never mind the ignorant comments at the start of this thread Anne. x

mop top
29-Sep-09, 10:01
Just wanted to thank everyone on here for their support and pm's, it was a very pleasant surprise. I do not expect praise for what i do it is my job after all, but was just a bit sick of being slagged so publicly when I really do my best in often not too easy circumstances.

cheers

liz19
29-Sep-09, 10:09
i live out in the country and normally run my dogs over fields and lanes and i still make the effort to pick it up even when its in about cow and sheep leftovers its not hard to do and responsible owners always will its the rest who let us down. you can get 100's of poop bags for under a quid so its no excuse

u can also get them free from the local council - however something I have noticed is that some people who do use the poop bags don't wait to get to a bin they drop them in corners or in trees etc - what is the point of that??!?!?! [evil]

ragdollyanna
29-Sep-09, 14:30
I have a suggestion for anyone suffering continual dog poo on their front lawn as I was!!! Early morning stake-out and a sharp rap on the window! That shook her I can tell you! :lol: Turned out to be a professional lady who should have known better! She was mortified. And that was the end of that!
I also bought a "no dog fouling" sign off ebay and hung it on the lampost outside my house myself. Yes, I may sound like Victor Meldrew but with 2 wee ones running about - it was giving me the full on rage! Give the dog warden a break - take action!

bettedaviseyes
29-Sep-09, 14:36
my friend was standing at his front door one day a young bloke and his dog was passing his dog decided to do a jobby right in front of his gate so my pal said to the guy hope your going to clean that up the guy looked at him and walk off without even cleaning his dogs mess so my pal cleaned it up put it in a bag new were the guy lived put it right in front of his door....

Loraine
29-Sep-09, 15:56
I have a suggestion for anyone suffering continual dog poo on their front lawn as I was!!! Early morning stake-out and a sharp rap on the window! That shook her I can tell you! :lol: Turned out to be a professional lady who should have known better! She was mortified. And that was the end of that!
I also bought a "no dog fouling" sign off ebay and hung it on the lampost outside my house myself. Yes, I may sound like Victor Meldrew but with 2 wee ones running about - it was giving me the full on rage! Give the dog warden a break - take action!

I think you're perfectly entitled to tell people off for allowing their dog to do the dirty on your lawn - children or no children!! [evil] I'm sure the sign will make it clear you mean business too! ;)

BINBOB
29-Sep-09, 18:07

That is the way to go!!!!;)

BalmoreSSPCA
29-Sep-09, 18:42
Ann the Dog Warden does a great job and is a true dog lover. She is dedicated to her job and works tirelessly to combat the issue of dog mess and also stray dogs. So give her a break. Keep up the good Work Anne

SSPCA Inspector

maverick
29-Sep-09, 20:10

If you find these posts personal and insulting, thats very understandable. I for one have no intention of insulting you personally as I do not know you personally. You are however the dog warden for the area mentioned in your post and my critisism is aimed at the dog warden and/or the mantle that it represents. A few weeks ago a man was walking pushing a pram he also had a dog with him which was on a lead. when the man got to the bridge which is at the junction of roxburg and old wick roads he and his dog were attacked by a saluki type dog and a bull terrier of some description. the pram was nearly over turned he had abit of a struggle fending 2 dogs off. myself and another man went to his assistance. thankfully no one was harmed. the really annoying thing was that the dog warden was parked just off the junction and I believe was aware of what had taken place. the dog warden started the van and drove off. I told the man that I would give a statement to the police if he wanted me to. His answer "the dog warden did nothing what could the police do". Now I have reason to believe that these animals are known to you, and that you have recieved many complaints about them. residents in the old wick area that I have spoken with feel as I do that you are reluctant to do anything about these stray animals. I also appreciate that you cannot go into individual cases. I also appreciate that you have a lot of support from people on this thread, which is also very commendable. As a council tax payer and therefor a contributor to your income I feel that you are not giving me value for money. Now there are people who suggest that we should give you respect, and that too is fair enough, but I am also of the opinion that respect has to be earned, and at this moment in time the dog warden has not earned my respect. I made an assessment in my previous post and I stand by my assessment. I have telephoned 607707 on several occassions and have been in contact with my councilor, who keeps on assuring me that she will get the dog warden to look into it. so you can maybe appreciate the frustration felt by people who have complained about a problem for a considerable period of time and feel that nothing is being done. you should also bare in mind that this is an observation and not as you put it a slaging. there are a lot of people out there who do not have access to the internet who feel as I do..

Stefan
29-Sep-09, 20:32
you can get 100's of poop bags for under a quid so its no excuse

The council provides scented poop bags for dog owners. We get ours free from the post office in Halkirk. You have to ask for them.

I would guess same goes for post office in Thurso and Wick, but I have never asked there.

BINBOB
29-Sep-09, 21:15
The council provides scented poop bags for dog owners. We get ours free from the post office in Halkirk. You have to ask for them.

I would guess same goes for post office in Thurso and Wick, but I have never asked there.

They are not scented................;)

mop top
29-Sep-09, 22:47
In response to your earlier post I do not feel that the org is the place to discuss this but i have responded in the public fashion you posted.
The dog attack you mentioned on the man with pram comes under the dangerous dog act which is a police matter and the dog warden has no powers to deal with these incidents.

You claim that i witnessed this attack can i point out that if i had there is no way that i would have driven off without offering assistance and making sure the owners had the dogs back under control at least until the police had been called. I am not the only female that drives a yellow vivara van and works for the council so perhaps it was another employee that was parked further up the junction have you considered this????

As far as value for money for the contribution you make to my wages then perhaps you did not know that i have been in the area you mention out of working hours in my own car and witnessed a similiar incident involving the dog you mentioned and stopped and gone to the door of the owner of the dog and warned him to get his dog in and to get it under control. If this is not giving you value for money then i dont know what more i can do. Do you work for nothing when you are off the clock?

Lastly can i add that my telephone no is 01955 607735 and not 01955 607707 i dont know who you have been trying to call but it is certainly not me.

I will be happy to discuss this further with you tomorrow morning on the above number i have quoted and look forward to your call to discuss this in person.

Oh and by the way i have Just been trawling through some of your previous posts Maverick and found one you posted last month.

"I always thought that the recomendations thread was to help promote business in the county, its quite right to tell the community about good service recieved.
What I believe to be wrong is slating a business or individual behind the guise of a username, if you have a problem with an individual then take your problem up with that individual first, make some kind of attempt to resolve the issue between the two parties concerned and then if you feel that you need to post your concerns on the org. Make sure that what you are saying can be proved because it doesn't matter how many disclaimers you put on the org, slander or defamation by annonymous third parties could put the org owners in a sticky legal mess. Point being why should the org be punished because of disgruntled individuals. "

davie
29-Sep-09, 22:57
Well. well, this is whats called "the biter bit" I think.

Good on you Mop Top, It is totally out of order that you have to defend yourself on this forum against these accusations by some faceless 'disgruntled individual'

Tubthumper
29-Sep-09, 23:04
Yeah Maverick, wind your neck in. You're just a small fish in a big pond after all!

greenasiamcabbagelooking
30-Sep-09, 00:10
well said mop, i wish more people on the Org would stand up for themselves when they're criticised (rightly or wrongly).

if only the (ex) manageress at the bowling alley had internet access !!

sweetpea
30-Sep-09, 00:40
Ann the Dog Warden does a great job and is a true dog lover. She is dedicated to her job and works tirelessly to combat the issue of dog mess and also stray dogs. So give her a break. Keep up the good Work Anne

SSPCA Inspector

Ditto:) I agree with anyone who works for animals.

maverick
30-Sep-09, 00:59
In response to your earlier post I do not feel that the org is the place to discuss this but i have responded in the public fashion you posted.
The dog attack you mentioned on the man with pram comes under the dangerous dog act which is a police matter and the dog warden has no powers to deal with these incidents.

You claim that i witnessed this attack can i point out that if i had there is no way that i would have driven off without offering assistance and making sure the owners had the dogs back under control at least until the police had been called. I am not the only female that drives a yellow vivara van and works for the council so perhaps it was another employee that was parked further up the junction have you considered this????

As far as value for money for the contribution you make to my wages then perhaps you did not know that i have been in the area you mention out of working hours in my own car and witnessed a similiar incident involving the dog you mentioned and stopped and gone to the door of the owner of the dog and warned him to get his dog in and to get it under control. If this is not giving you value for money then i dont know what more i can do. Do you work for nothing when you are off the clock?

Lastly can i add that my telephone no is 01955 607735 and not 01955 607707 i dont know who you have been trying to call but it is certainly not me.

I will be happy to discuss this further with you tomorrow morning on the above number i have quoted and look forward to your call to discuss this in person.

Oh and by the way i have Just been trawling through some of your previous posts Maverick and found one you posted last month.

"I always thought that the recomendations thread was to help promote business in the county, its quite right to tell the community about good service recieved.
What I believe to be wrong is slating a business or individual behind the guise of a username, if you have a problem with an individual then take your problem up with that individual first, make some kind of attempt to resolve the issue between the two parties concerned and then if you feel that you need to post your concerns on the org. Make sure that what you are saying can be proved because it doesn't matter how many disclaimers you put on the org, slander or defamation by annonymous third parties could put the org owners in a sticky legal mess. Point being why should the org be punished because of disgruntled individuals. "

very good , now catching stray dogs does fall under your job remit, had said dogs been caught perhaps attack would not have taken place. As for working off the clock then that is an admirable quality, but I feel if you were doing your job on the clock then perhaps there would be no need to do it off the clock. as for your phone number it look like we both got that wrong 607737 was the number in the original post. and as for my previous posts , I believe it was in connection with the recomendations thread, this is not same thread, and you are not in business, you I believe are employed by the council. no relevance.. Also as a public employee you will find that you will come under scrutiny from time to time. Now you are I believe attempting to imply that I am attempting to slander you, far from it. I am not disgruntled with you as a person, I am disgruntled with the job that you do and the level of service that it provides, and while you are trawling through previous posts, if you look hard enough you will find that i am not alone in my thinking.
I do understand that you enjoy the support that you recieve on this public forum, you should also deal with the criticisms . I can also imagine that criticism will be very upsetting and frustrating for you, I dare say that you have upset and frustrated a lot of people since you took up the post of dog warden. I also have to question your proffessionalism, why do you feel that you need to defend the sterling work that you do on a public forum? pehaps I might be so bold as to suggest that more complaints have gone to your employers about your attitude to the public, than there have been about dogs...

maverick
30-Sep-09, 01:01
Yeah Maverick, wind your neck in. You're just a small fish in a big pond after all!

do I detect anger issues here??

mop top
30-Sep-09, 01:09
As i said Maverick phone me in the morning 607737 is my main office number in case i happen to be out on dog fouling patrol or catching stray dogs! the girls in the office will forward your call to me, or alternately my direct line is 607735 look forward to hearing from you. Yes i agree i am not a business and yes indeed well spotted i work for the highland council but i do find it interesting that your views can change so dramatically in a matter of weeks who knows you may even respect me in a month.

cheers

AN EXTRACT FROM YOUR QUOTE LAST MONTH

"What I believe to be wrong is slating a business or individual behind the guise of a username, if you have a problem with an individual then take your problem up with that individual first, make some kind of attempt to resolve the issue between the two parties concerned and then if you feel that you need to post your concerns on the org"

My point in adding your previous quote is that you have never reported this matter to me previously or given me any opportunity to deal with your concerns which kind of contradicts your quote above.

countrychic
30-Sep-09, 03:06
Mop Top why do you want maverick to phone you to disscuss what exactly? other folk on here have had a go at you and you are not asking them to phone you. Why don't you just have a public meeting and invite the general public to come along and air their views with you.

maverick
30-Sep-09, 03:14
As i said Maverick phone me in the morning 607737 is my main office number in case i happen to be out on dog fouling patrol or catching stray dogs! the girls in the office will forward your call to me, or alternately my direct line is 607735 look forward to hearing from you. Yes i agree i am not a business and yes indeed well spotted i work for the highland council but i do find it interesting that your views can change so dramatically in a matter of weeks who knows you may even respect me in a month.

cheers

AN EXTRACT FROM YOUR QUOTE LAST MONTH

"What I believe to be wrong is slating a business or individual behind the guise of a username, if you have a problem with an individual then take your problem up with that individual first, make some kind of attempt to resolve the issue between the two parties concerned and then if you feel that you need to post your concerns on the org"

My point in adding your previous quote is that you have never reported this matter to me previously or given me any opportunity to deal with your concerns which kind of contradicts your quote above.

I have contacted you on several occassions and reported to you my concerns, and judging by the amount of pm's I have had so have plenty of other people.

davie
30-Sep-09, 07:14
Looks like maverick is going down the senility route (shame).
I wonder just who he has been speaking to about doggie problems when he has been 'phoning wrong numbers. Probably some wifie in Week sick of these nuisance calls.

countrychic
30-Sep-09, 08:55
Looks like maverick is going down the senility route (shame).
I wonder just who he has been speaking to about doggie problems when he has been 'phoning wrong numbers. Probably some wifie in Week sick of these nuisance calls.
just because a person pressed a wrong key on a keyboard they become senile. If this is the the best retort that you can come up with, maybe its time you took your brain out and washed it.:lol: take a look at your own spelling. try sweeping your own fireplace before you try to do that of others.

BINBOB
30-Sep-09, 10:42
Well. well, this is whats called "the biter bit" I think.

Good on you Mop Top, It is totally out of order that you have to defend yourself on this forum against these accusations by some faceless 'disgruntled individual'
Ditto,Ditto...............

Tubthumper
30-Sep-09, 12:17
just because a person pressed a wrong key on a keyboard they become senile. If this is the the best retort that you can come up with, maybe its time you took your brain out and washed it.:lol: take a look at your own spelling. try sweeping your own fireplace before you try to do that of others.
What are you on about?

Tubthumper
30-Sep-09, 12:19
do I detect anger issues here??
Nah, its laughter issues. I can't take you seriously.

Tubthumper
30-Sep-09, 12:24
Mop Top why do you want maverick to phone you to disscuss what exactly? other folk on here have had a go at you and you are not asking them to phone you. Why don't you just have a public meeting and invite the general public to come along and air their views with you.
Mop Top has said she's the dog warden, silly. She's inviting Mav to actually make a report about dog nuisance, rather than leaving messages at some random phone number. None of the other people came on here and made a personal attack, did they?
A Public Meeting? And would Maverick would be right at the front getting his teeth knocked out? [I refer here to a post he/she made in another thread before anyone takes that as me making a threat!]
It seems this pond's getting a bit polluted with pond-life, I despair sometimes.

maverick
30-Sep-09, 12:52
I submitted a post on here which was critical of the dog warden, as did others. The warden responded in defence of her position (which is her right) on a public forum. I would also reserve the right to respond to the wardens post's on a public forum. If the warden feels that this is not the place to have such disscussions, then might I suggest that she refrains from posting on a public forum.

Leanne
30-Sep-09, 18:55
You've made your point maveric and are now just looking argumentative. You made your point, the dog warden responded, for you to respond further has just turned it into a slanging match, which is completely unnecessary. Can we get back to the topic and stop hijacking?

Has anyone tried the Tesco's own purple nappy bags? The ones with little motifs on - they smell lush!

As an incomer I have to say I am really pleased with the state of the streets here. There is little litter and little dog mess compared to some places. Yes there will always be the occasional inconsiderate person but thankfully here they seem to be in the minority. I have found Caithness to be a beautiful and clean place to live with people being the friendliest I have met anywhere in the UK :) Big up to everyone - time for a group hug?

BINBOB
30-Sep-09, 19:00
You've made your point maveric and are now just looking argumentative. You made your point, the dog warden responded, for you to respond further has just turned it into a slanging match, which is completely unnecessary. Can we get back to the topic and stop hijacking?

Has anyone tried the Tesco's own purple nappy bags? The ones with little motifs on - they smell lush!

As an incomer I have to say I am really pleased with the state of the streets here. There is little litter and little dog mess compared to some places. Yes there will always be the occasional inconsiderate person but thankfully here they seem to be in the minority. I have found Caithness to be a beautiful and clean place to live with people being the friendliest I have met anywhere in the UK :) Big up to everyone - time for a group hug?

VERY sensible words and so true...thank u.;)