PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy pasta flour

chaz
27-Sep-09, 17:36
I used to buy it from wick tescos 4 bags at a time,but when i went a couple of weeks ago they had stopped selling it:( Can anyone tell me if anywhere else sells it?Have looked in all wick shops,so hows the thurso side for buying it.
Thanks Chaz

Anji
29-Sep-09, 12:10
I was passing Mackays in Thurso yesterday and so I went in and asked. They didn't have any, but the man said that semolina does exactly the same job. I don't know if you've tried it, but I suppose it could be worth a try if you can't find the proper stuff.

chaz
29-Sep-09, 12:57
I was passing Mackays in Thurso yesterday and so I went in and asked. They didn't have any, but the man said that semolina does exactly the same job. I don't know if you've tried it, but I suppose it could be worth a try if you can't find the proper stuff.

Thank you:) Have never tried it but will do now.
Thanks again chazx

Anji
29-Sep-09, 16:38
Good luck. Let me know if it works!

pentlander
01-Oct-09, 13:50
Probably needs to be fine semolina or semolina flour. Or add semolina to ordinary flour.

Creme_Egg
28-Oct-09, 14:51
you can get pasta flour from tesco online. infact im sure we got some from tesco on tuesday.

also look out for tipo '00' flour which is also pasta flour.

dont use plain flour it does not work. it doesnt stretch the gluten enough in the dough. it will be really short and not work

weegie
25-Nov-09, 23:51
I think the co-op in wick has it

majic
26-Nov-09, 18:48
Hi i got a paste machine the other day and i used plain flour to make it and it was lovely:)

chaz
28-Nov-09, 15:09
Thank you everyone Tescos have it again:D Machine out and using up some of the many eggs my girls are laying just now.