PDA

View Full Version : embarassing wrong no's

unicorn
06-Apr-06, 15:22
what's the funniest phonecall for a wrong number you have recieved or the most embarrasing one you have made? I just got one where I was asked if I had my knickers on?? I thought it was one of the people I had given my number to on pm's to pick up various things lol but it wasn't, it made me laugh a lot though :)

unicorn
06-Apr-06, 15:25
i also once got one on a Sunday morning at 9am where a woman chewed me out for about 5 minutes for being in bed with a hangover before realising that I was not her daughter!!!!!!! I couldn't get a word in edgeways lol :)

Gleber2
06-Apr-06, 15:28
I have a friend who has a shop called 'Away with the Fairies' I called him once with a wrong number and asked "are you 'Away with the Fairies'" and a stern old female voice replied " I certainly am not"

Tugmistress
06-Apr-06, 15:32
We just usually get asked ' is the midwife there?' :lol::lol:

George Brims
06-Apr-06, 16:54
Our house in Watten and the pub (Freddie Brown's, now the Brown Trout) had consecutive numbers, ours ending in 9 and theirs in 8. We used to get some weird ones. "Is Wullie there?" "No, he's not, you've got the wrong number" "Well when he gets there tell him to phone me <click>"

obiron
06-Apr-06, 17:03
my dad used to answer the phone saying "hello wick police station, can i help you" till the day he actually got a call from the police. we were all in hysterics. never did that one again.

highlander
06-Apr-06, 18:13
my dad used to answer the phone "Battersea dogs home" and got the reply is the "old dog in"

devon lass
07-Apr-06, 15:54
I once answered the phone to an elderly lady who insisted i was in Doris,s house and to get out or else shes calling the police,this went on for about 5 mins .she said go on get out your for it now they are on their way.Again i said what number are you ringing she said that one you fool.So again i said my number slowly she said you fool thats not doris number I said I KNOW!!!!!She hung up .hoooray
poor old Doris must have had a shock when the police turned up.:roll:

lelebo
07-Apr-06, 16:24
I once phoned a wrong number when I thought it was my mate and when the person on the end of the line was a bit non conversational I assumed that my friend was in bed with her other half and said 'hey you, you dirty bisssum - you better bot be at it' - then realised I had a wrong number....not to say I was mortified...........ahahhahahahahaha

The Angel Of Death
08-Apr-06, 01:34
Were forever getting calls for the groat office all the time tends to get a bit annoying at times like when you trying to have a long lie in bed !!!

outsider
08-Apr-06, 14:11
I had such an embarrasing one...I had just got a new mobile and i got a call saying;
"I'm phoning for a good time"

I had no clue what was going and I said;
"Thats nice for you!"

He said that he had got my number off of a table and that he wanted a good time because that is what I offered.

I hung up but he just kept phoning...days later he had still not given up so I picked up ad started talking to him...he wantd to meet up but I said what a shame I have exams to revise for.

He then thot to get me 2 change my ming he wud tell me he is french...

...I said well I'm sorry it's a definate no then.

No more calls since...YAY!!

Geo
25-May-07, 15:12
Once had a message left on my mobile's voice mail from a female, which just said, "Get home now" in a really rough, demanding, scary voice. I felt a bit worried for the bloke it was meant for! :)

I recently phoned my mum in law and when the phone answered it sounded like the person had just woken up. I said, "boy you sound good," with the resulting confused question confirming I had phoned the wrong number! One swift red faced apology later.... :)

If that was you I'm really, really sorry!

cullbucket
25-May-07, 15:17
When I was a bairn, our home number ended with a 9 and Oban Joes Taxis ended with a 6. That wasn't fun.....

connieb19
25-May-07, 17:13
I had someone call me up looking for the vet, she was ranting and raving something about a dog and an injection, I told her she had the wrong number twice before telling her to off then I hung up. :roll:

jimbews
25-May-07, 17:40
what's the funniest phonecall for a wrong number you have recieved or the most embarrasing one you have made? I just got one where I was asked if I had my knickers on?? I thought it was one of the people I had given my number to on pm's to pick up various things lol but it wasn't, it made me laugh a lot though :)

When I was a kid our phone number was Wick 351.
The Milk Marketing Board was a permutation of that number.
Seems like the place that got it wrong most was the Castle of Mey.
We were tempted to buy a dose of milk and cream and try to fulfill their orders.

JimBews

trinkie
25-May-07, 19:28
Around Christmas I decided to order a book from D R Simpson in Wick.
I got the number from 192.com and soon spoke to a helpful person and eventually ordered the book. As soon as I set the phone down I remembered another book I wanted to ask about, so I glanced at the screen, still with all the Simpsons numbers on it, and dialled.
''Is that Simpsons, do you have a book called......?''

'' Just a minute I'll go and have a look - No, it's not there, I'll look in the other room - No, I cant find it..''

I thought I could hear a radio.....''Are you DR Simpson the book shop in Wick?'' I asked from south England.

''No, I'm Mr Simpson from Dunnet''

Ooops.
But my sincere thanks to Mr Simpson from Dunnet - what a nice person to go and look.

Dog-eared
25-May-07, 21:47
After few pestering calls from someone I got fed up speaking to, the next time the phone rang I said " Herro Chinese Lestelant" in my best accent.

Turned out it was a very important client I'd been waiting two days for a call from !
EEK!!
They had a sense of humour though !!

Kenn
26-May-07, 01:19
A few years back Friday afternoon at the business could be very interesting.
After fending off a few calls of a very spurious nature and advising callers that they had not made any such booking, decided to investigate.
Turned out there was a very obliging call girl on a number just 1 different to ours!

ŠAmethyst
26-May-07, 18:13
I used to answer the phone a lot at my nana's house when I lived there - quite often I'd have people in tears 'cause their pet had died or was really sick... in their distress they called us instead of the vet - one digit difference in the telephone number!

JAWS
27-May-07, 03:27
I once answered the phone to somebody who had obviously got a wrong number. When I explained this to him he proceeded to scream abuse down the phone at me for having answeried the phone because he was "Sick of getting through to the wrong people!" :eek: It takes all sorts.

Another one was early one morning many years ago, before I moved to the County. The phone rang at home. My ex-wife answered it and a male asked for me by name. I had just woken up and wasn't very alert.
The chap was talking about a vehicle repair and I was struggling to put a name to the voice but couldn't.
I explained I didn't know what he was talking about and that he had a wrong number but he just thought I was taking the mickey out of him and kept telling me to stop messing about. It turned out that the mechanic who did his car repairs had the same name as me.
I'm just glad it was a male and not a female asking for me. Well, you try talking your way out of that one guys and see if your wife would believe you!

Lolabelle
27-May-07, 12:07
A few years ago, when Dave and I were working on a dairy, we had to get up at 3.30 am and the phone rang at about 2am. It was a very drunk man who thought I was Linda and he continually was apologising and dribbling on. He would not listen to me when I told him he had the wrong number. I was so cranky that I was woken up only an hour and a half before the alarm was to go off. In the end I just hung up, but he continued to ring and we let the answering machine pick up, and he still didn't realise he had the wrong number. He just kept blabbing on and crying etc... We ended up taking the phone off the hook. And got up and had a coffee and went to do the milking.[disgust]