PDA

View Full Version : Patches

piratelassie
27-Sep-09, 01:27
Has anyone tried these ,or are they to good to be true. If so, do they work ! http://phytolabel.com/uk/

nightowl
27-Sep-09, 01:48
Going by some of the comments about the effectiveness of these patches, I reckon you'll only lose weight if you stick the patch over your mouth![lol]

Rheghead
27-Sep-09, 03:22
They're not a patch on sheer willpower.[smirk]

Metalattakk
27-Sep-09, 03:37
Has anyone tried these ,or are they to good to be true. If so, do they work ! http://phytolabel.com/uk/

Having taken just a cursory look at the website, a single question arises in my mind: Why on earth would you even consider believing this utter bumph could be a realistic option?

Let's face it, if you're fat it's because you eat too much stuff that has too much fat in it. If you want to lose weight it's fairly simple: Eat less stuff that has fat in it. Rocket science it is not.

But here's the crux: Eating stuff with less fat in it will help you lose weight. Once that initial weight has been lost though, you can't just go back to eating stuff with lots of fat in it.

Crash diets don't work, fat-burning candles don't work, lard-reducing socks don't work, even electric vibrating fat-sucking tummy-pads don't work.

Q) So, what does work?
A) Complete lifestyle change. Sensible balanced diet, and exercise. It doesn't even have to be proper sweaty running and jumping exercise, it can just be 'activity'.

Rather than spend money on worthless miracle cures, speak to your local NHS dietician. And heed their words.

Fluff
27-Sep-09, 09:37
I have found the slimfast milkshakes reaslly good. I have one for lunch everyday (it surprisingly does fill you) and I have been doing alot more walking too (plus cutting down on rubbish etc)

good luck!

BINBOB
27-Sep-09, 09:56
Going by some of the comments about the effectiveness of these patches, I reckon you'll only lose weight if you stick the patch over your mouth![lol]

That was my thought too.;)

Stefan
27-Sep-09, 10:53
Let's face it, if you're fat it's because you eat too much stuff that has too much fat in it. If you want to lose weight it's fairly simple: Eat less stuff that has fat in it. Rocket science it is not.

Nope it's not rocket science, but it's also not just fat.
Sugar, sweeteners, preservatives, anything that has been isolated is bad for you. Aspartame (sweetener) is really bad...

The only way to loosing weight is a natural diet. People weren't fat in the olden days simply because they exercised a lot more but they also ate homegrown food.

Bake your own wholemeal bread, buy fresh meat, vegetables and fruit from local people if you can. Avoid anything that has been made in a factory... and you'll see the pounds and kilos drop. Even if you can't exercise it will make a huge different.

Did you know that some crisps and most bread contain more sugar than salt ?? !!

If you walk round the supermarket and think about everything you pick up, how many things there are fresh and not somehow processed, modified, isolated, mixed and put in a tin or plastic wrapper. Even salad comes in plastic bags.... If you buy the ingredients of a salad and make it yourself (chop and grate) you have already used up the calories you are going to eat. Try eating it without dressing or put some herbs and spices in some olive oil...

It really is about eating the right foods, that's all. Walking or biking instead of using the car or bus will help but make no difference if you eat the wrong food.

If you are addicted to sweet stuff try eating / drinking naturally sweet things. I have rice milk in my cereals because I love sweet cereals. Rice milk is naturally sweet.

Some fruit is naturally sweet. My OH bakes delicious biscuits and cakes for the weekend as a treat... but uses less sugar than the recipe says. This way we keep fit and healthy and the middle age spread is kept at bay ;)

Unless of course there is a genetic disorder or other illness that prevents you from loosing weight or makes you put on weight. You should consult your GP.

dafi
27-Sep-09, 11:30
Looks like you could loose £'s no bother at all.!!

Vistravi
27-Sep-09, 13:33
As stefan said its really what you eat that helps you loose weight.

Kodiak
27-Sep-09, 14:18

They are not a Patch on a Good Healthy Diet and regular Exercise. :D

brandy
27-Sep-09, 14:33
ahhh but what about when you do eat a healthy diet, and you do exercise but you still can loose weight?
unfortunately not all of us have a fast metabolisms so its not just quit stuffing you face.
there are lots of reasons why people cant loose weight.

tonkatojo
27-Sep-09, 14:48
ahhh but what about when you do eat a healthy diet, and you do exercise but you still can loose weight?
unfortunately not all of us have a fast metabolisms so its not just quit stuffing you face.

I know what you mean Brandy, I have even had those pills of the Doc that stop the fat intake, to no avail . The wife/boss now has me on one of those ding diets she say's its the only sure way of counting the calories with accuracy.

I hate that word CALORIE with a unnatural hate.

Alice in Blunderland
27-Sep-09, 14:53
I know what you mean Brandy, I have even had those pills of the Doc that stop the fat intake, to no avail . The wife/boss now has me on one of those ding diets she say's its the only sure way of counting the calories with accuracy.

I hate that word CALORIE with a unnatural hate.

mmm ever thought of booking into a private health clinic for a wee while....... :lol:

< Alice ducks>

tonkatojo
27-Sep-09, 15:07
mmm ever thought of booking into a private health clinic for a wee while....... :lol:

< Alice ducks>

Here we go again, ;).
I think you know my principals on that subject. LOL.

What is " < Alice ducks> " ???? :confused

Alice in Blunderland
27-Sep-09, 15:24
Here we go again, ;).
I think you know my principals on that subject. LOL.

What is " < Alice ducks> " ????

Cause she knew youd be back to hit her with something so she ducks. down .... ;) :D

tonkatojo
27-Sep-09, 15:30
Cause she knew youd be back to hit her with something so she ducks. down .... ;) :D

Who me, not my style, but I feel yet another headache stirring. :(

PS I thought you got the D and S key mixed up LOL.

Aaldtimer
27-Sep-09, 16:29
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Surgery-to-fight-the-flab.5681982.jp :eek:

and

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/health/39Before-the-treatment-I-would.5682028.jp :)

tonkatojo
27-Sep-09, 16:49
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/scotland/Surgery-to-fight-the-flab.5681982.jp :eek:

and

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/health/39Before-the-treatment-I-would.5682028.jp :)

That's scary is that, if only I had the faith it would work I would give it ago.
Years ago decades in fact I went to a night club and a hypnotist tried to put me and my mate I was with under, it worked on him not me, thank the lord, you should have seen the antics he put my mate up to. LOL

Gizmo
27-Sep-09, 17:17

Because you're still taking in more calories in a day than your body needs, it's not just about a healthy diet, it's all about the amount of calories, weigh and document every single thing you eat, and try and stick to around 1400 calories a day, you'll soon see the weight drop off then.

No offence Brandy, but the old "I've got a slow metabolism" excuse, is just not the reality of the situation for 99% of people

You can keep a Food Log at the website http://www.fitday.com/

tonkatojo
27-Sep-09, 17:33
Because you're still taking in more calories in a day than your body needs, it's not just about a healthy diet, it's all about the amount of calories, weigh and document every single thing you eat, and try and stick to around 1400 calories a day, you'll soon see the weight drop off then.

No offence Brandy, but the old "I've got a slow metabolism" excuse, is just not the reality of the situation for 99% of people

You can keep a Food Log at the website http://www.fitday.com/

Spot on GIZMO, the wife feeds me stuff that goes ding to keep me on 1500 calories, but it's not easy, I love my grub.

Gizmo
27-Sep-09, 18:14
Spot on GIZMO, the wife feeds me stuff that goes ding to keep me on 1500 calories, but it's not easy, I love my grub.

Indeed, a 1500 calorie diet is pretty tough going, i dropped a stone in 6 weeks by sticking to a diet or between 1200 and 1400 calories, which is not a lot of food. The trick is to fill that diet with lots of low calorie food, chicken, fish, tuna etc, and rice cakes are a great low calorie way to give you a little bulk that will take away some of the hunger pangs, and one of the best things to cut out if you want to lose weight is bread. A lot of people make the mistake of thinking that eating lots of fruit is a good way to lose weight, it's not, fruit is still full of natural sugar, and a medium sized banana has more calories than a chocolate biscuit, of course the banana is healthier for you.

If you are serious about losing weight then all you have to do is cut out crisps, sweets, fizzy drinks (dont replace fizzy drinks with fruit juice either, 130 calories in 250ml of fruit juice...drink water), fried food, deep fried food, chips, takeaways, alcohol. And don't eat out, especially in one of the towns popular chain pubs, where an average single meal from their menu will provide you with between 1100 to 1400 calories..with many meals providing more than that, and a 3 course meal will easily push you close to 3000 calories....i kid you not.

And a little addition, if anyone wants help with losing weight, speak to 'Andrew Usher' that posts on the Org, his help and guidance was excellent when i was trying to lose weight.

brandy
27-Sep-09, 19:23
i do watch what i eat. im on a GI diet as im diabetic. in fact im not a big eater at the best of times. there are times when my sugar goes wonky that i dont exercise well as i feel crap, but all in all i hardly ever stop moving.
to tell the truth i have really skinny legs! *laughs* my problem is the fat on my hips and belly. after having 3 children the least of which weighed in a 10lbs 1 oz and the largest at 10lbs 14 ozs and 2 c-sections loosing the weight there has been really hard and not managed it yet.
i have to wear a size 20-22 top cause im so top heavy and anywhere from an 16-18 bottoms. it use to be that the larger tops would be like sacks past the boobs but now im gratful for them as ive a poochy belly i can not get rid of.
so yup getting really fed up as doing what im suppose to and still not loosing the weight!
as soon as im able will be back at the gym.. fingers crossed will be able to do some toning!