PDA

View Full Version : removing windows?

brandy
26-Sep-09, 17:08
hiya guys
getting a new sofa on tues. but afraid it wont fit thru the doors!
does any one know who could take a window out and put it back in?
it would have to be the whole frame that comes out!
any ideas would be great!
thanks!

dafi
26-Sep-09, 18:08
Dont worry about it brandy. I worked in removals for years and there were very few sofas we could not get in. Trust your delivery firm, they do it every day. You could clear the route in for them, that allways helps. If it does prove to be a tight squeeze give the whole thing a caerfull look over and check for damage. Send it back with them if you find any damage. You should be fine!

emszxr
26-Sep-09, 18:26
the couches these days are a lot bigger than years ago, but there is still lots of houses with tiny doors.
but there was only a few i couldnt get in the house.
i would call round the joiners just if you want to a back up plan

Mik.M.
26-Sep-09, 18:47
When our sofas were delivered the backs came off to make it easier to fit through the doorways. Like dafi says these guys do this everyday,keep them sweet by offering them a cuppa,especially if they are having a job getting them in.Whilst they drink the tea this gives you time to check the sofas over properly.

Tony
26-Sep-09, 20:43
The last time I had a suit delivered the delivery guys just removed the window themselves and put it back in again. If it is of the type that can turn around for cleaning from the inside it is just a couple of brackets with a little pin on each end that needs to be removed before taking the window out. They knew what they were doing and did it automatically as if they did this many times already.

teddybear1873
26-Sep-09, 21:12
hiya guys
getting a new sofa on tues. but afraid it wont fit thru the doors!
does any one know who could take a window out and put it back in?
it would have to be the whole frame that comes out!
any ideas would be great!
thanks!

It may be easier to take the door off if the sofa can fit through it. Get the dimensions and start measuring what will be the best option for you.