PDA

View Full Version : Marley & Me

Loraine
25-Sep-09, 18:31
We watched this on dvd recently and thought it looked like a really funny, lighthearted film. But as the story progressed the laughs started getting less as the dog seemed to behave itself as it aged and it got more and more serious until finally the poor dog died and the parents with their 3 kids stood over it's grave, heartbroken. It has got to be one of the most heart-wrenching films I've seen about a dog!! :~(
I was glad I watched it before I showed it to my kids cos I know they'd have been just as upset as I was. It's put me off the thought of ever having a dog now. I'd be near suicidal when it dies...........(Off to have another good cry):~(:~(

young_fishin_neep
25-Sep-09, 22:04
It really was a good film i loved it, but ive been there and lost dogs and been heartbroken so the tears were flooding as marley died, ave seen it a couple times now and no matter how many times i ave seen it ive cried.

xx

dragonfly
25-Sep-09, 22:19
it was one of the films on when we were flying to Egypt in the summer. I never watched it cos I knew I would cry but noticed the woman sitting next to me watching it and just glancing at scenes in it had me in floods of tears even though I couldn't hear a word what they were saying!!!

mind you I cried at Tom & Jerry when Tom tried to eat the goldfish! I was very young at the time!!!!

Fluff
26-Sep-09, 09:03
I was really disappointed by the film, I thought the book was so much better.

Didnt stop me crying on the plane through watching it!

BINBOB
26-Sep-09, 22:10
No way am I watching that.........NEVER been the same since granny took me to see Bambi,when I was 7!!!I get worse as I get older with dog/animal stories/fims.;)

Liz
26-Sep-09, 23:14
I couldn't read the book either and afraid I avoid films where animals are badly treated or die else I'd be a blubbering wreck!:(:(

BINBOB
27-Sep-09, 09:52
I couldn't read the book either and afraid I avoid films where animals are badly treated or die else I'd be a blubbering wreck!:(:(

Liz...we are twins...........I will start to watch a film,then a dog appears,so that is that ,switch over.just in case something bad happens to said dog!!!I am glad I am not alone,though I might be a bit mad.What a pair we are.:lol:

Thumper
27-Sep-09, 11:45
This was a good film,although not as good as the book but then again whatever is? I was crying before Marley even died as I knew it was coming :eek: I let me kids watch it as I think it is good for them to see that pets do die but you get so much from having a pet that it is worth the pain when you lose them x

Liz
27-Sep-09, 19:25
Liz...we are twins...........I will start to watch a film,then a dog appears,so that is that ,switch over.just in case something bad happens to said dog!!!I am glad I am not alone,though I might be a bit mad.What a pair we are.:lol:

Och I know we are a pair of softies but would rather be that way than hard!

I watched 'March of The Penguins' which is a brilliant film but had to fast forward through some sad scenes so they marched a bit quicker!!!lol

I can't watch any wildlife programmes either in case an animal gets killed etc.