PDA

View Full Version : Flu shot question

ShelleyCowie
25-Sep-09, 17:05
Went for my routine 3 monthly blood test yeterday and the nurse also gave me a flu shot at the same time. It was fine getting the needle (dont mind them anyway). But last night it started to get quite sore, and when i woke up it was really painful. I cant touch the arm without it aching, cant move it either so its kinda hard picking up athrun! :eek:

My arm is quite swollen aswell. The pain starts at my neck right down to my wrist.

Is that normal for flu shots? If it is am never gettin one again!

I have never had a reaction to any injections before so this is not normal for me at all. :confused

Kodiak
25-Sep-09, 17:12
If in doubt then go back to the nurse and or Doctor and seek their advice. They are the only ones who will be able to give you the correct advice and to put your mind at ease.

tonkatojo
25-Sep-09, 17:28
Went for my routine 3 monthly blood test yeterday and the nurse also gave me a flu shot at the same time. It was fine getting the needle (dont mind them anyway). But last night it started to get quite sore, and when i woke up it was really painful. I cant touch the arm without it aching, cant move it either so its kinda hard picking up athrun! :eek:

My arm is quite swollen aswell. The pain starts at my neck right down to my wrist.

Is that normal for flu shots? If it is am never gettin one again!

I have never had a reaction to any injections before so this is not normal for me at all. :confused

Got my annual flu shot yesterday with no adverse effects, yet :(

Loraine
25-Sep-09, 17:54
I have had a reaction similar to yours but not quite so severe. They do say you can experience side effects from a flu jab. This is taken from the nhs website:
"you may experience side effects after having the jab. Some people experience a slight temperature and aching muscles for a couple of days afterwards. Your arm may feel a bit sore at the site where you were injected. More severe reactions are rare."
If in doubt go back to the doctor. Hope your arm feels better soon. :)

ShelleyCowie
25-Sep-09, 20:17
Thanks folks. Think i might have to phone NHS24, my arm is going quite numb and now my other arm is in agony! Is that even possible!!! :eek:

ciderally
25-Sep-09, 21:47
get up to a&e...that cant be right

Fran
25-Sep-09, 23:13
Is your arm red, you could have an infection. Get it seen to straight away.

Loraine
26-Sep-09, 08:02
Thanks folks. Think i might have to phone NHS24, my arm is going quite numb and now my other arm is in agony! Is that even possible!!! :eek:

That doesn't sound right, you must be in a lot of pain. :( Did you phone NHS 24? What did they say?

Liz
26-Sep-09, 10:36
Oh poor Shelley! You're not having a very good time are you?:(

I really hope you managed to get help or the pain subsided.

ShelleyCowie
26-Sep-09, 11:58
Still in a bit of pain. Phoned and had to put ice packs on where it was sore.

I cant tell if the area is red where i got injected because i have a tattoo there. :confused

Pain is a little bit less today though thankfully. Arms quite stiff to move but im sure carrying a few loads of washing will soon sort me out.

Pain could take a week to go though because of the reaction i had! :eek:

Never again!!