PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Songs!

Kenneth
24-Sep-09, 20:44
Alright Folks!

We've been asked to do a wedding! Now we usually do your usual indie shmindie tunes so arent too clued up on the ol typical wedding songs malarkey, can anyone suggest some tunes to do?

Of course Brown Eyed Girl is already there haha

Ken

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
24-Sep-09, 20:49
whiskey in the jar

fields of athenrye

Scorpio12thNov
24-Sep-09, 20:59
Have played a few weddings in my time & I can honestly say that the buffet makes the night!;)

Dirty Old Town
Country Roads
Bad Moon Rising
Walk Of Life
Rocking All Over The World
500 Miles

There's half an hour of material:lol:As for the rest of the night, anything from the 50's & 60's such as Elvis, Johnny Cash, The Beatles etc. etc.

Wouldn't play Athenry though...Last time I played that at a wedding the groom wasn't very friendly towards us, even though his wife requested it[evil]

buddyrich
24-Sep-09, 21:27
Here's a few to make a wedding go with a bang.

Something Better Change-The Stranglers
Valley Girl-Frank Zappa
Metal On Metal-Anvil
Machetazos!-Brujeria

Do Athenry in a medley with The Sash to cover all the bases.

Jeid
24-Sep-09, 21:56
Heartbreaker by Led Zep?

Kenneth
24-Sep-09, 22:47
Here's a few to make a wedding go with a bang.

Something Better Change-The Stranglers
Valley Girl-Frank Zappa
Metal On Metal-Anvil
Machetazos!-Brujeria

Do Athenry in a medley with The Sash to cover all the bases.

hahaha! brilliant. Cheers!

fingalmacool
24-Sep-09, 23:19
Just how are you going to top this request, all the hard work has now paid off, you have cut your teeth, now go forth and multiply:confused

Kenneth
24-Sep-09, 23:30
Just how are you going to top this request, all the hard work has now paid off, you have cut your teeth, now go forth and multiply:confused

haha well we're not a proven band by any means yet thats for sure!! I think its a bit of a fluke! But the lady that is getting married likes our kind of music, so if that makes her wedding night then we will strive to play some half decent indie tunes!

But seeing as it is a wedding we still want to play the usual typical 'bad moon rising', 'brown eyed girl' and whatnot...

Looking forward to it but AAARGRHGH im scared about having to perform their first dance tune..............eek I'll get Scollay to sing that one! :Razz

Ash
25-Sep-09, 07:32
haha well we're not a proven band by any means yet thats for sure!! I think its a bit of a fluke! But the lady that is getting married likes our kind of music, so if that makes her wedding night then we will strive to play some half decent indie tunes!

But seeing as it is a wedding we still want to play the usual typical 'bad moon rising', 'brown eyed girl' and whatnot...

Looking forward to it but AAARGRHGH im scared about having to perform their first dance tune..............eek I'll get Scollay to sing that one! :Razz

it's my wedding, cant wait!

Deemac
25-Sep-09, 23:55
Good luck chaps - some sound ideas here!! (tho Frank Zappa's "Valley girls" not currently on our set list - why not!!! - good track.)

The first 300 wedding gigs are the worst. After that, its plain sailing!!!!:D

You'll love it, ALL bands should at least do a couple of weddings.

And your right about the buffet. EVERYTHING is judged on the quality of the buffet . . . . . . ;-)))

Jeid
26-Sep-09, 02:01
I went to a wedding once, buffet was magic, bride was hammered. band were good. i danced

Mystical Potato Head
26-Sep-09, 12:34
Good luck chaps - some sound ideas here!! (tho Frank Zappa's "Valley girls" not currently on our set list - why not!!! - good track.)

Has it got more than 3 chords in it? Because that would explain why not. :D

loganbiffy
26-Sep-09, 13:16
Has it got more than 3 chords in it? Because that would explain why not. :D

Doesn't mean it's a bad song because it has 3 chords.
Sometimes it's more difficult to write lyrics/vocal melody to 3 chords ;)

Kenneth
26-Sep-09, 13:21

the less chords the better! the easier to play the better (for me anyway)

Mystical Potato Head
26-Sep-09, 14:14

It's just a joke within Whisky. Wasn't meant seriously....

After all, some of my favourite songs have 3 chords - Sweet Home Alabama for one.

Gleber2
26-Sep-09, 16:39
After all, some of my favourite songs have 3 chords - Sweet Home Alabama for one.
Four chords, surely?

Deemac
26-Sep-09, 19:02
When were finished with it, ALL songs have no more than 3 chords!!:eek::D

buddyrich
26-Sep-09, 19:55
Valley Girl definitely has more than three chords.

For a simpler Zappa song, how about Muffin Man?

Textbook!

Deemac
27-Sep-09, 02:17
For me it has to be Zappa's "The ocean is the ultimate solution" on the album Sleep Dirt. (Its only just over 13 minutes long and very wedding friendly ;-))

Olin
27-Sep-09, 10:48

I'd consider myself a somewhat funny and intelligent guy but I can't actually figure out what this is supposed to mean?

Bazeye
27-Sep-09, 13:19
Wasted Life by SLF.

Jeid
27-Sep-09, 13:41
She Hates Me by Puddle Of Mudd?

Phoebus_Apollo
27-Sep-09, 13:44
For me it has to be Zappa's "The ocean is the ultimate solution" on the album Sleep Dirt. (Its only just over 13 minutes long and very wedding friendly ;-))

T`Mershi Duween is a another possible consideration..........:eek:

Mystical Potato Head
27-Sep-09, 14:38

I think Black Napkins would be a good one for a slow dance. And it's only got 2 chords! We could do that one no bother :D

Tubthumper
27-Sep-09, 20:35
The Black Page... it would certainly keep Deemac occupied!

Kenneth
28-Sep-09, 02:01
I'd consider myself a somewhat funny and intelligent guy but I can't actually figure out what this is supposed to mean?

Just another one of our many many wellwishers Olin! :)