PDA

View Full Version : Question on skyplus

Green_not_greed
24-Sep-09, 13:20
I was wondering if anyone had problems in recording a series using Skyplus? I have started to watch a series recorded over the weeks and found an episode missing. I simply used the "series" button which is really good - if it works!

There is still plenty of space on the HD so thats not the problem.

Can anyone provide advice on this? Is is a common problem? Should I be checking every episode is actually recording?

Thanks

GNG

Gizmo
24-Sep-09, 13:25
I was wondering if anyone had problems in recording a series using Skyplus? I have started to watch a series recorded over the weeks and found an episode missing. I simply used the "series" button which is really good - if it works!

There is still plenty of space on the HD so thats not the problem.

Can anyone provide advice on this? Is is a common problem? Should I be checking every episode is actually recording?

Thanks

GNG

Sky+ is full of problems and bugs, mine works about 95% of the time, but it's screwed up quite a few times.

Green_not_greed
24-Sep-09, 13:34
Sky+ is full of problems and bugs, mine works about 95% of the time, but it's screwed up quite a few times.

Thanks Gizmo - never had a problem until now.

groater
24-Sep-09, 14:14
i had same prob but after switching off at mains for 10mins worked ok now??

Kodiak
24-Sep-09, 15:30
My main gripe is that every so often one of the Episodes comes up with "Part Recorded" For some reason about half way it just stops recording and I do not know the reason why as there is plenty of room on the HD.

Moonboots
24-Sep-09, 15:31
This can sometimes be a problem with the series link. Some channels do not keep updating it so if they do not show an episode for some reason then the series link cancels itself out and restarts on the following week... etc etc

Moonboots
24-Sep-09, 15:34
Personally I would rebuild the Sky+ planner
Services - System Setup - 0 - 1 - Select - Sky+ Planner Rebuild

My main gripe is that every so often one of the Episodes comes up with "Part Recorded" For some reason about half way it just stops recording and I do not know the reason why as there is plenty of room on the HD.

Kodiak
24-Sep-09, 16:14
Personally I would rebuild the Sky+ planner
Services - System Setup - 0 - 1 - Select - Sky+ Planner Rebuild

Thanks for this Info Moonboots. I have done this and I hope that this will cure the problem. :D

poppett
24-Sep-09, 16:28
We followed Moonboots advice after three Sky+ boxes developed the "Crashing" fault, and it worked.

Only problem now is if we record anything on Channel 5 and fast forward the adverts at the breaks it returns to the start of the programme again. Now we are used to it we just wait until the middle of the first advert, fast foward and it works fine. Fickle things Sky boxes.

Lavenderblue2
24-Sep-09, 16:37
The problems we are having just now are - on certain programmes we record the picure is intermittently pixelated and the sound is like Norman Collier on a bad day. It's definately NOT the wind.

It is most annoying, especially as it doesn't happen on all things...:confused

I'm stealing myself to phone Sky - I hate doing that, it's such a palaver.

Moonboots
25-Sep-09, 10:11
There could be a few faults which could be causing this but need more info..

Does it only happen when you record ?
When recording 1 channel.. is the other channel you are watching ok ?
When watching the recorded program.. Is it then that it breaks up ?
What channels do you mostly have the problem with ?

Alot of the time it will be down to your dish needing re-alligned or the LNB is faulty or even the box..

Thats why im asking these questions.

The problems we are having just now are - on certain programmes we record the picure is intermittently pixelated and the sound is like Norman Collier on a bad day. It's definately NOT the wind.

It is most annoying, especially as it doesn't happen on all things...:confused

I'm stealing myself to phone Sky - I hate doing that, it's such a palaver.

Venture
25-Sep-09, 13:22
I always have problems when recording SKY 106. On the playback the picture freezes or breaks up. When it rights itself the soundtrack is way ahead of the picture. Sometimes it stops completely. I recently spoke with a sky technicial who told me that my software needed reset and gave me instructions similar to what moonboots has posted. It didn't right the problem. We also have major problems when watching live football on the sports channels. Again the picture crackles and stops.

mums angels
26-Sep-09, 12:07
The only time we have ever had a problem with sky+ recording is when i dropped the Iron on the floor and it must have made the box jump and interupted the recording process .

Moonboots
28-Sep-09, 23:14
1. When using the live pause option or recording a channel which breaks-up etc.. then its the LNB connections.
2. If its happening with and without recording then the dish needs re-alligned or the LNB is faulty.

3. When watching a recorded program and the picture and sound is out of sync then just pause and replay... that usually fixes it or stop it altogether and replay it... I know this isnt a fix but helps....

First thing i would look at for your problem would be the second option.. re-allign dish!!!!!

I always have problems when recording SKY 106. On the playback the picture freezes or breaks up. When it rights itself the soundtrack is way ahead of the picture. Sometimes it stops completely. I recently spoke with a sky technicial who told me that my software needed reset and gave me instructions similar to what moonboots has posted. It didn't right the problem. We also have major problems when watching live football on the sports channels. Again the picture crackles and stops.