PDA

View Full Version : For once - a real telephone scam

badger
23-Sep-09, 18:26
Passed to me by a police force in the south and checked by hoax-slayer so this is a genuine telephone scam

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/bt-unpaid-bill-phone-scam.shtml

brandy
23-Sep-09, 18:31
i dont know about it being a scam but the one that annoys the crud out of me is the foreign call center that keeps trying to tell me about gov. legislation freezing my interest on everything. how many times do i have to tell them to leave me alone?
every single day they call!
arggghhhh!!

badger
23-Sep-09, 18:41
i dont know about it being a scam but the one that annoys the crud out of me is the foreign call center that keeps trying to tell me about gov. legislation freezing my interest on everything. how many times do i have to tell them to leave me alone?
every single day they call!
arggghhhh!!

Have you registered with the TPS? Doesn't work for everything but worth trying if you haven't. It stopped most of my nuisance calls.

Fly
23-Sep-09, 22:36
Don't think TPS works for foreign calls.

badger
24-Sep-09, 13:16
It doesn't for all but might for some and worth trying. Nuisance calls always seem to come at an inconvenient time and I agree, really annoying.

Bazeye
24-Sep-09, 14:38
I just say to them "Hang on a minute, theres someone at the door" and leave the phone, that is when Im in a good mood. If Im in a bad mood my usual reply consists of two words.