PDA

View Full Version : Re-Tune your TV if you Have Freeview

Kodiak
21-Sep-09, 21:15
I just heard that if you have Freeview or BT Vision that you will need to Re-Tune your TV on or after the 30 September to receive Channel 5.

Here is the Channel 5 Web Page that tells tou all about it, hope this will help any orgers who have Freeview. :-

http://www.five.tv/articles/re-tune-your-tv

Or here :-

http://www.tvretune.co.uk/

ter21wat
21-Sep-09, 21:34
Thanks for that - just about 2 minutes ago we had a pop up on the TV teling us to retune on the 30th Sept and I was wondering why, cheers :D

Mr P Cannop
21-Sep-09, 21:47
what about sky tv

Kodiak
21-Sep-09, 21:53
It says on that site that this is for ONLY for Freevirew TV and BT Vision.

SKY and Cable TV is not affected and nothing needs to be done.

EDDIE
21-Sep-09, 22:34
If u havent updated your tv lately u should i just got channel 30 tonight called fiver.

Fran
22-Sep-09, 02:33
I cant get itv2 on my freeview or stv which is very annoying.

dafi
22-Sep-09, 09:33
On our freeview box we dont recieve five in any of their guises. With a bit of luck this might sort it.

Moonboots
23-Sep-09, 09:21
Five is changing tramsmission frequency and that is why you will need to retune.
If you are not getting Five or any other channel on the digital platform at the moment then i would suggest to get your aerial re-alligned.

Cattach
23-Sep-09, 12:52
On our freeview box we dont recieve five in any of their guises. With a bit of luck this might sort it.

Get free sat. Once installed no problem with channels or signal and you can get the programmes at STV are refusing to show, like The Bill, Doc Martin and Miss Marples, through ITV London. Simples!

PS Buy your receiver from the supermarket or currys and get a cheap dish from Lidl or online - not a lot of cost involved.

young_fishin_neep
23-Sep-09, 13:01
i got a pop up on stv the other day when u tuned in my new tv and it said that from 30th september i would need to retune my freeview to recieve stv. knowing my ill forget and ill think ive broke my new tv and ill start a panic lol.

xxx