PDA

View Full Version : are royal mail on strike today ?

weegie
21-Sep-09, 12:36
does anyone know if and when the posties are on strike ?

Venture
21-Sep-09, 12:40
Not today, my mail was delivered as usual. There have been strikes and delays with mail but at the moment it is only in England.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8259158.stm

achingale
21-Sep-09, 15:10
We got our mail too but I am sure there could be strike action which may affect the post. The best thing to do is go to the Royal Mail website and it will tell you about the latest disruption.

poppett
23-Sep-09, 19:33
Postie took over an hour today to get from my neighbour across the road back to our house again...........not on strike, just going slowly.

Letter posted first class on Friday morning at the post office, measured and weighed just in case as it was urgently required in Inverness for Saturday arrived on Tuesday. Unbelievable.

peedie
23-Sep-09, 20:04
Postie took over an hour today to get from my neighbour across the road back to our house again...........not on strike, just going slowly.

Letter posted first class on Friday morning at the post office, measured and weighed just in case as it was urgently required in Inverness for Saturday arrived on Tuesday. Unbelievable.

first class is one to 2 working days, but not a guaranteed service. there are guaranteed services available for things that have to get there on time.

poppett
24-Sep-09, 16:21
I did say in the PO it had to be there for Saturday so thought that was the service I had paid for.........it cost enough.

Had I known it would be Tuesday I would have taken it with me going to Edinburgh on Monday and handed it in!!

Kevin Milkins
24-Sep-09, 16:42
I am still waiting for a letter that was posted 1st class on Tuesday afternoon.:confused I think the post in England must have gone a bit wonky.

tonkatojo
24-Sep-09, 17:04

The first paragraph sounds a bit dodgy...;)

peedie
25-Sep-09, 08:11
I am still waiting for a letter that was posted 1st class on Tuesday afternoon.:confused I think the post in England must have gone a bit wonky.

yeah there are strikes going on, i'm missing my love films!!!

poppett first class would cost 39/61p for a letter also special would be around 7/8 pounds. depends what your sending tho but it really should be made clear at the time