PDA

View Full Version : insomnia

brandy
20-Sep-09, 02:59
argghh.. ever just have one of those nights? not feeling well, just cant sleep no matter what. but cant find anything else to do either?
i cant be bothered to read, watch telly or really do anything,
so here i am at coming up 3 am on the .org typing out how im drowning in enui!
if hubby wouldnt kill me i would so start cleaning!

Aaldtimer
20-Sep-09, 03:09
Well you could always do the dusting. That's surely quiet enough!;)

brandy
20-Sep-09, 03:26
thats already been done *Grins*

Aaldtimer
20-Sep-09, 03:42
OK. How about phoning home...in as quiet a way as possible? How's Mom doing these days?;)

brandy
20-Sep-09, 03:56
*laughs* only five hours dif. so she will be in bed!
shes still kicking, but was back to the drs last week.
i never did figure out what she was on about,
but it had to do with the dr. sticking a needle in her back,
the fluid between the vetebre, and then being in a lot of pain afterwards.
she had to go back again and have an antibiotic injection as she has an infection somewhere..
grrr that woman is so frustrating at times...
she tried to tell you what is going on, but then gets so muddled up that not only is she confused but everyone around her.
she was gurning about my brother and how lazy he was tonight, so shes in fine form.

Aaldtimer
20-Sep-09, 04:36
Ah well, best I could think of. Good to hear she's still hanging in there!:)

Kathy@watten
20-Sep-09, 09:43
Brandy there is a cure for insomnia...or a good way to tire yoursel out...you mentioned your hubby was home and would be mad if you started hoovering etc, there are better things you could do that promote sleep and that i doubt he would complain about ;)

BINBOB
20-Sep-09, 09:51
Brandy there is a cure for insomnia...or a good way to tire yoursel out...you mentioned your hubby was home and would be mad if you started hoovering etc, there are better things you could do that promote sleep and that i doubt he would complain about ;)

OHHHHHHHHHH...Kathy................on a Sunday too!!!!!!!!:lol:

davie
20-Sep-09, 09:59

Anyone wakening me at 0300 to share a cup of Horlicks is going to get a smack in the kisser !

Kodiak
20-Sep-09, 11:22
argghh.. ever just have one of those nights? not feeling well, just cant sleep no matter what. but cant find anything else to do either?
i cant be bothered to read, watch telly or really do anything,
so here i am at coming up 3 am on the .org typing out how im drowning in enui!
if hubby wouldnt kill me i would so start cleaning!

Yes I have, last night was one, and the night before and the night before that. Come to think of it been like that every night for the last 5 years at least.

Sheesh no wonder I feel tired all the time. My main ambition now is to sleep right through just one night. You never know it just might be yonight, roll on bed-time.

Vistravi
20-Sep-09, 15:13
Had one last night. Just couldn't sleep for longer than 10 mins so gave up.

We've just moved house so quietly went through boxes while my partner slept. He got a surprise this morning when he saw that most of the boxes had been sorted out. ;)

Dadie
20-Sep-09, 21:21
I have trouble sleeping at the moment too!
I just cant get comfy and when I finally manage to I need to get up for a pee.... then there is Lauren having nightmares after reading the 3 little pigs to her days ago waking up through the night crying .... huff, puff, house down, big bad woof!
Hopefully the nightmares will subside and no more scary books will be read to her!

ShelleyCowie
20-Sep-09, 23:13
I dont tend to have many problems sleeping! The times i do i get so angry at myself that i am even more awake! That just continues and before i know it, its time to get up! :confused

When i was pregnant i had super problems sleeping! I remember getting up at 4am after not sleeping at all to watch Osmosis Jones (kiddies film i love) and cleaning. OH was in bed, i went back to bed at 8am, alarm went at 8.15am to get up to go to wick for a scan, my OH had no idea i hadnt slept lol. Was like that for bout 6 months! :~(

Fran
21-Sep-09, 02:09
[quote=brandy;597244]*laughs* only five hours dif. so she will be in bed!
shes still kicking, but was back to the drs last week.
i never did figure out what she was on about,
but it had to do with the dr. sticking a needle in her back,
the fluid between the vetebre, and then being in a lot of pain afterwards.
she had to go back again and have an antibiotic injection as she has an infection somewhere..
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
A lumbar puncture, a spinal tap, is a procedure when a sample of cerebrspinal fluid is taken for testing for diseases and infections. Sometimes done to administer chemotherapy medications.

Most nights I cant sleep either. i fall asleep straight away, then wake about 2am and cant get back to sleep so come on here, then go back to bed when i'm really tired. I try to have a small nap at lunchtime and this rally helps me.We will have to start an orgers sleepless night club!!

purplelady
21-Sep-09, 23:02
hehehehehe could join that some nites lol had a bad nite nite last nite hopefully tonite will be better xxxxxxxxxx

taffy
22-Sep-09, 06:07
Here I am 5.30am watched telly till 5 went back to bed felt yuck and got back up again. I often go through spells of having sleepless nights could be something to do we my age.:(

ShelleyCowie
22-Sep-09, 08:23
Here I am 5.30am watched telly till 5 went back to bed felt yuck and got back up again. I often go through spells of having sleepless nights could be something to do we my age.:(

I aint slept good either, couldnt get to sleep last night. When i did i woke up not long after.