PDA

View Full Version : Swri

bluebell
20-Sep-09, 00:05
Can anyone tell me if there is a SWRI in Wick or near villages

manu-forti
21-Sep-09, 13:21
Keiss meets the first monday in the month in Keiss hall at 7.30pm, notice of demonstrator in the keiss shop prior to meeting.

divanp75
22-Sep-09, 17:42
you can check the SWRI website for the one nearest to you

it says that the Wick one meets on 3rd Thursday of the month at 7.30pm, Wick Assembly Rooms

here is the link

http://www.swri.org.uk/institutes/caithness.html

you can contact the county secretary who can give you the contact for the club nearest you.

Diane

Leanne
22-Sep-09, 18:40
Oooo off to look too. I was a member when I lived in Cheshire. I wonder if they'd have me?

Kathy@watten
22-Sep-09, 21:02
Oh Leanne you have a nearer branch/club (Watten) don't know who goes in the under 50's but I would like to go but am too chicken on my own ....would buddy another newbie! Am more into baking than craft but fancy having a go!

Leanne
22-Sep-09, 21:18
Oh Leanne you have a nearer branch/club (Watten) don't know who goes in the under 50's but I would like to go but am too chicken on my own ....would buddy another newbie! Am more into baking than craft but fancy having a go!

I'm baking girl too. Stop by for some cookies if you want - fresh batch today ;) See if they're up to standard.

It was really popular with all age groups in Cheshire. I think its because home cooking and home grown food is becoming more "in".

divanp75
22-Sep-09, 22:30

Kathy get yourself along, everyone is young at heart so you will get the crack and have a laugh.

I am in Dunnet, take my Granny with me. They dont bite and lots of cakes, sandwiches and a nice cuppa tea.

Diane

lynne duncan
24-Sep-09, 00:38
we've just started, was at the last 2 wick ones, my daughter dragged me along as she loves craft/baking and saw the exhibit in the county show tent.
would love to see more younger folk at the wick one