PDA

View Full Version : TVs in Teenager's Bedrooms

Rheghead
19-Sep-09, 23:24
I asked for one when I was a teen but never got (or a hifi), looking back I think I am better off for not being a moody teenager and being able to share time with family rather than on my own. Message is: Don't buy your orrible teenage kid a TV for their room, you'll see more of them and the risk of their room turning into a quagmire of detritus reduced to ~nowt. [lol]

joxville
19-Sep-09, 23:28
Advice that doesn't matter to me since my son doesn't live with me. I'm buying him a 32" LCD telly for his bedroom, better than the small tv he currently uses for playing his PS3.

maverick
20-Sep-09, 00:07
Advice that doesn't matter to me since my son doesn't live with me. I'm buying him a 32" LCD telly for his bedroom, better than the small tv he currently uses for playing his PS3.

hey jox will you be my dad could do we one o those telly's lol..

joxville
20-Sep-09, 00:14
My son's birthday and xmas are only weeks apart so the tv is his big present, he'll get a few smaller things to open on both days.

Gizmo
20-Sep-09, 00:36
My son's birthday and xmas are only weeks apart so the tv is his big present, he'll get a few smaller things to open on both days.

Don't "Cheap out" on him now Jox, make sure it's a 1080p LCD, so he can take full advantage of his PS3 :D

Metalattakk
20-Sep-09, 01:54
Don't "Cheap out" on him now Jox, make sure it's a 1080p LCD, so he can take full advantage of his PS3 :D

And don't forget the HDMI cable! ;)

teddybear1873
20-Sep-09, 02:20

While he's at it, he may as well go the whole hog and by 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround System.

Gizmo
20-Sep-09, 08:55

But most important of all, is to make sure that it comes with a fully charged flux capacitor, that's capable of producing 1.21 jigawatts of power ;)

joxville
20-Sep-09, 10:18
I'm ahead of you guys. I bought him a Sony 5.1 Dolby Digital surround system with DVD player in the summer, (it was on special offer), to go with the Bravia telly I'm buying him. It has the HDMI cable included and the remote control will suit the tv as well. :D

joxville
20-Sep-09, 10:22
But most important of all, is to make sure that it comes with a fully charged flux capacitor, that's capable of producing 1.21 jigawatts of power ;)

I bought one of those next month. I went to the shop in my Delorean. ;)

teddybear1873
20-Sep-09, 16:32
I bought one of those next month. I went to the shop in my Delorean. ;)

Let me guess, you were going at 88 MPH.

joxville
20-Sep-09, 17:36
Let me guess, you were going at 88 MPH.
Funnily enough, I was! Silly really considering there was terrible lightning at the time. :)

bobbyrussell09
20-Sep-09, 20:21
i had a tv an hi fi in ma room an i still went down an spent time with ma mum an dad

Alice in Blunderland
20-Sep-09, 21:19
I dont think its the TVs in the childrens bedrooms thats the problem. I would say if the parents allow them to slink off into ther rooms never to be seen of again then its the parents fault. :)

Encourage the children to spend time with you. If its not the Tv it will be something else if the parents arent making the effort with the children.

Our oldest two dont have Tvs in their room but thats their choice not mine. The younger ones have a Tv which is never switched on they all prefer to lie in our room watching Tv in fact it can be a struggle some nights to reclaim our bed. :roll:

ShelleyCowie
20-Sep-09, 23:09
My OH's 7 and 5 year old have a wee tv & dvd player in their bedroom here. But they rarely watch dvds on it. They prefer to play with their lego or something. They do enjoy watching a movie though.

I always had a tv in my room, watched londons burning and played bubble bobble on the old mega drive! Ahh the days! :D Still have a tv/dvd combi in my room now, only use it to watch programs when OH is on night shift and i just want to go to bed!

Also...depends what yer kid is watching! It could be something educational! [lol]

Also Joxville - sounds like ur son is very lucky! I could do with upgrading my 19" lcd samsung HD tv for my xbox 360 and PC. ;) Wana help me out lol

joxville
21-Sep-09, 06:32
I'd like to help you Shelley but unfortunately it wasn't me that won the jackpot on Friday's Euromillions draw.:(