PDA

View Full Version : Strictly Come Dancing.

chocolatechip
19-Sep-09, 08:57
Just wondered what you thought of Strictly Come Dancing last night being the first show. In my opinoin I thought it was really good, and I really liked the group dance. It certainly held my attention!!:)

EDDIE
19-Sep-09, 10:24
Its quite naughty that bbc is putting it on the same time as xfactor

Bazeye
19-Sep-09, 11:18
Am I the only person in the country who has no interest whatsoever in programmes such as Strictly Come Dancing, The X Factor, Pop Idol, Big Brother, Im a celebrity etc etc........?

Gizmo
19-Sep-09, 11:49
Am I the only person in the country who has no interest whatsoever in programmes such as Strictly Come Dancing, The X Factor, Pop Idol, Big Brother, Im a celebrity etc etc........?

Nope, i can't bothered with any of that muck, it just dumbs down the nation, thank god for the History/Nat Geo, and Discovery channels.

Kodiak
19-Sep-09, 12:17
Nope, i can't bothered with any of that muck, it just dumbs down the nation, thank god for the History/Nat Geo, and Discovery channels.

No I can not agree with this statement. Putting on "Strictly Come Dancing" in No way Dumbs down the Nation. It is what is is, a piece of Light Hearted Entertainment which millions of people like and enjoy.

Perhaps you do not like it, this is fine as you have your likes and dislikes just like me. To make such a sweeping statement that it is Muck and Dumbs down the Nation is jusy plain silly.

Personally I am not worried if you like "Strictly Come Dancing" or not, both me and Mrs Kodiak like watching and we enjoy not only the dancing but the music as well.

I hope you enjoy the History/Discovery/Nat Geographic Channel when Stitctly is on. I know I enjoy these channels, but I do not watch them all the time as I have a Diverse selection of Programmes that I like to watch.

Gizmo
19-Sep-09, 12:32
No I can not agree with this statement. Putting on "Strictly Come Dancing" in No way Dumbs down the Nation. It is what is is, a piece of Light Hearted Entertainment which millions of people like and enjoy.

Perhaps you do not like it, this is fine as you have your likes and dislikes just like me. To make such a sweeping statement that it is Muck and Dumbs down the Nation is jusy plain silly.

Personally I am not worried if you like "Strictly Come Dancing" or not, both me and Mrs Kodiak like watching and we enjoy not only the dancing but the music as well.

I hope you enjoy the History/Discovery/Nat Geographic Channel when Stitctly is on. I know I enjoy these channels, but I do not watch them all the time as I have a Diverse selection of Programmes that I like to watch.

I was referring more to the other reality shows listed as dumbing down the nation, rather than 'Strictly', so yes, i accept that it is just some light entertainment, i'd rather chew my own arm off than watch an episode of it though.

Kevin Milkins
19-Sep-09, 13:14
I was referring more to the other reality shows listed as dumbing down the nation, rather than 'Strictly', so yes, i accept that it is just some light entertainment, i'd rather chew my own arm off than watch an episode of it though.

I hope you spit your arm out after chewing it off, :eek: there's a lot of calories in an whole arm.:lol:

Gizmo
19-Sep-09, 13:18
I hope you spit your arm out after chewing it off, :eek: there's a lot of calories in an whole arm.:lol:

Yeah, but there's no fat on my arm, it's pretty much all protein, and i'm on a high protein diet, so everything's good :D

Amy-Winehouse
19-Sep-09, 14:27

No you are not but were in a minority of 2 I think :D

What a waste of licence fee imo but each to their own- theres plenty other channels to watch

davie
19-Sep-09, 14:29
Make that 3

Amy-Winehouse
19-Sep-09, 14:35
Nah , I read the rest of the thread & Id make it 5 , Petition??? We now have the majority in Kaithness

chocolatechip
19-Sep-09, 14:56
I heard 15 million watch Strictly. I also like watching the X Factor. At least the celebs have got the guts to do it and with the X Factor it's just total stangers going on just for their "15 minutes of so called fame". But as already said each to their own.:)

ett23
19-Sep-09, 16:27
Its quite naughty that bbc is putting it on the same time as xfactor

Yes it is - rather annoying in fact! It's this time of year again when we have to toss a coin to decide whether we watch strictly or x-factor. Personally I'd lean towards strictly but OH would rather chew his own arm off - much like Gizmo - :lol: so if I get to watch it he has to do something else to distract his attention from the TV (usually inventing new lures for fishing accompanied with diagrams, etc) or alternatively go on the p.c. in the bedroom! Oh to have a husband that shared my love of ballroom dancing.....bet there's not many of them about! :eek:

chocolatechip
19-Sep-09, 16:43
All I can is thank goodness for SKY+ then we can watch both!!

tonkatojo
19-Sep-09, 16:53
All I can is thank goodness for SKY+ then we can watch both!!

I thank the inventor of my twin tuner digi-box I can record two programmes and watch another on the telly.:)

joxville
19-Sep-09, 17:15
Strictly Come Mincing. [disgust]

Make it 6 that can't stand it.

Phoenix200416
19-Sep-09, 17:39
I thought it would be on tonight...is a dum dum. Used to be on on a Sat night. Whats with all the change.

It is annoying when they put them both on at the same time. Though I only usually watch X Factor through the auditions because it amuses me. Must say I didn't like the doing the first audition in front of an audience. All they need is the buzzers and big red "X"'s above the stage and it will be Britain's Got Talent"

Much prefer Strictly, love watching ballroom dancing. Especially when the proffessionals dance together and really show off their moves.

ett23
19-Sep-09, 18:54
Much prefer Strictly, love watching ballroom dancing. Especially when the proffessionals dance together and really show off their moves.

Couldn't agree more!!! ;)

chocolatechip
21-Sep-09, 09:48
I like watching it too when the pro's show off their moves!! And I was suprised to Tom and Camila do their winning dance!! It was good to see them. And it was better than the last time they did it, well thats what I think!! Wasn't to happy when Martina Hingis and Matthew Cutler left.:(