PDA

View Full Version : yes, they DO cast!

dragonfly
18-Sep-09, 15:33
I took the dogs a walk this morning down to the beach and then went into town as had several bits to do. Anyway each time I left them tied up outside a shop I'd come out to see them being fussed over by various people and its always the same conversation we have................

"oh they're lovely, what kind of dogs are they?"

me> "they're both poodle crosses - labradoodle & goldendoodle"

"oh is that what they look like........they don't shed do they!!

me > "YES THEY DO!"

this is such a common misconception about poodle crosses, be they Labradoodles, Cockapoos, Jackadoodles and so on

THEY DO SHED/CAST/MOULT

Please if anyone is thinking about having one because of this reason, think again - no breeder can guarantee that their pups won't shed or won't cause probs to allergy sufferers and puppy coats are so different to adult coats and thats when the problems start and these poor crosses find themselves looking for new homes.

Please don't assume they don't cast cos they probably will

brandy
18-Sep-09, 15:45
what?! *eyes wide* do you mean that layer of fur on the floor is from bubbles??!! here i thought there was some balding fairy coming in everynight and causing such a mess *Grins*
but on a serious note! YES THEY SHED!! exspecially the first gen crosses. they are not hyperallegenic, non shedding breeds no matter what dodgy breeders may say!
if you want a non shedding dog then go for a breed that does not shed like the poodle.
i can grab hold of bubs and come back with a hand full of fur at any given time.
but as for nature they tend to be great dogs!
if your looking for a big goofy lump of a dog then there you are a doodle is the way...

ShelleyCowie
18-Sep-09, 18:48
I took the dogs a walk this morning down to the beach and then went into town as had several bits to do. Anyway each time I left them tied up outside a shop I'd come out to see them being fussed over by various people and its always the same conversation we have................

"oh they're lovely, what kind of dogs are they?"

me> "they're both poodle crosses - labradoodle & goldendoodle"

"oh is that what they look like........they don't shed do they!!

me > "YES THEY DO!"

this is such a common misconception about poodle crosses, be they Labradoodles, Cockapoos, Jackadoodles and so on

THEY DO SHED/CAST/MOULT

Please if anyone is thinking about having one because of this reason, think again - no breeder can guarantee that their pups won't shed or won't cause probs to allergy sufferers and puppy coats are so different to adult coats and thats when the problems start and these poor crosses find themselves looking for new homes.

Please don't assume they don't cast cos they probably will

I saw you with them a few times, think the first time they were dry, after that they were soaking! Lol.

Beautiful dogs! I mind when i had 2 samoyeds. I would wear black trousers and after just a few hours they would be white! :eek: