PDA

View Full Version : Alone In The Wild

Gizmo
17-Sep-09, 21:52
Just watching this program on Ch4, and the nutter...Ed Wardle...who is the subject of the show, has an accent that borders on Caithnesian at times, does anyone know where he hails from?, i can't find anything online about where he's from, other than a website that mentioned him growing up in "Rural Scotland".

thrumsterloon
18-Sep-09, 19:05
I read in the P & J that Ed grew up in the north east and his brother lives in Stonehaven.

Errogie
18-Sep-09, 22:08
Why didn't he use his canoe to move camp instead of trekking overland to his new camp site and walking poles could have made a huge difference to crossing rough country with a large pack?

He could even have cut himself couple of sticks to make life easier. And although I've never been to the Yukon it did not look like rabbit snaring country and there obviously weren't many about as he might have picked one up with the shotgun and why not string out a night line for some more fish? It's easy to be critical from an armchair but he seems to have jumped into the big one before cutting his teeth on a more modest expedition.