PDA

View Full Version : My new puppy!

loganbiffy
17-Sep-09, 16:23
Hey folks, just got myself a new Patterdale Terrier puppy and he is gorgeous!
His name is Bo.

Here are some pics......

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn353/gentlestrife/Bo.jpg

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn353/gentlestrife/DSC00148.jpg

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn353/gentlestrife/DSC00145.jpg

hercs22
17-Sep-09, 16:45
aww totally gorgeous how old is he?

froal
17-Sep-09, 18:00
He's really cute looks like he's quite young !
Enjoy :D

loganbiffy
17-Sep-09, 18:47
Hey folks, he is the ripe old age of 7 weeks :)

What a character he is developing!

Jenni
17-Sep-09, 18:54
Hey Logan
Cute wee thing. Did you get him from the Groats area? Will he grow to be like a Jack Russel but with longer legs?

Jenni

Phoenix200416
17-Sep-09, 21:23
He is so cute! I saw some of these advertised from the Kinlochbervie area. He's such a looker, thanks for the pictures!

loganbiffy
18-Sep-09, 06:51
Hey Logan
Cute wee thing. Did you get him from the Groats area? Will he grow to be like a Jack Russel but with longer legs?

Jenni

Hey Jenni.
I got him from Shebster. He will grow to about the size of a Jack Russell, maybe a bit bigger. Google "Patterdale Terrier" for some nice pictures :)

Liz
18-Sep-09, 12:30
Bo is such a wee sweetie!:D

butterfly
18-Sep-09, 13:00
Aw Bo looks absolutely gorgeous and those big eyes that say pick me up and take me home!:)

lorr_mun14
18-Sep-09, 13:02
I got a patterdale puppy a couple of weeks ago, Gem, she is gorgeous, black and tan, smoth coat. I got her from Dunbeath, she is 3 months old now, I wish I had her when she was only 7 weeks, they are totally adoreable at that age, but she still is! She is training really well, and I have her sitting and lying down for a treat, she is really clever, quirky and ever so active. The worst thing so far is she trys to chew everything!

bluebell
18-Sep-09, 13:05
He's gorgeous,looks just what coco looked like when he was a pup

loganbiffy
18-Sep-09, 13:57
I got a patterdale puppy a couple of weeks ago, Gem, she is gorgeous, black and tan, smoth coat. I got her from Dunbeath, she is 3 months old now, I wish I had her when she was only 7 weeks, they are totally adoreable at that age, but she still is! She is training really well, and I have her sitting and lying down for a treat, she is really clever, quirky and ever so active. The worst thing so far is she trys to chew everything!

Hey there! She sounds lovely, do you have any pics?

How is she doing for toilet training?
Bo is only 7 weeks but he is getting used to going ouside now, obviously he has no bladder control at the mo so accidents do happen lol, but he is getting the picture.
They are very smart dogs!

dietcokegirl
18-Sep-09, 14:31
Aw Logan - he is such a wee cutie!

lorr_mun14
18-Sep-09, 15:20
Hey there! She sounds lovely, do you have any pics?

How is she doing for toilet training?
Bo is only 7 weeks but he is getting used to going ouside now, obviously he has no bladder control at the mo so accidents do happen lol, but he is getting the picture.
They are very smart dogs!

I only have pics on my phone, but I'm going to try and get some this weekend. There is another patterdale in the town identical to her, he's a boy though and they got him from Elgin. It gives me a good idea how she is going to turn out as he is 6 months, totally gorgeous too! they could be twins except Gem has a white star on her chest and one white paw!
I am cage training her as I have to work. I get her up about 7 and put her straight out, she does the toilet, then I take her in for her food and put her straight back out again, she will do a number 2! infact, she's clever cos she does it in the shed!! If she has an accident, she tends to do it in the bathroom! very clever! I will play with her for a while and put her back in her cage. When I come home after work, straight out again, no problem, then she will have some more food and we go a walk. In the evenings I put her out every 20-30 mins and try to keep her in one room to play as if she has the run of the house, she tends to want to pee as she is getting so excited, at least you can keep your eye on them this way and put them out as soon as you see the signs.

loganbiffy
18-Sep-09, 16:40
I only have pics on my phone, but I'm going to try and get some this weekend. There is another patterdale in the town identical to her, he's a boy though and they got him from Elgin. It gives me a good idea how she is going to turn out as he is 6 months, totally gorgeous too! they could be twins except Gem has a white star on her chest and one white paw!
I am cage training her as I have to work. I get her up about 7 and put her straight out, she does the toilet, then I take her in for her food and put her straight back out again, she will do a number 2! infact, she's clever cos she does it in the shed!! If she has an accident, she tends to do it in the bathroom! very clever! I will play with her for a while and put her back in her cage. When I come home after work, straight out again, no problem, then she will have some more food and we go a walk. In the evenings I put her out every 20-30 mins and try to keep her in one room to play as if she has the run of the house, she tends to want to pee as she is getting so excited, at least you can keep your eye on them this way and put them out as soon as you see the signs.

Thanks for some excellent advice there! :)
Is it full-time hours you do then? She quite content to sit in the cage when you are not home?

I can't wait to get Bo out for walks now, really looking forward to it :)

shazzy
19-Sep-09, 11:48
ahhh,bless!! I've got a patterdale (zoe),six years old,gorgeous and sweet but with an attitude!! Total boss of our other dogs (lurcher and spaniels) has no fear,attitude of a fierce rotty when she gets a bee in her bonnet.Have got books about them if you want to read,love to go ratting etc.Used to have chickens and she worked out how to climb the chicken wire(four foot) to 'play' with them! :D

loganbiffy
19-Sep-09, 11:56
ahhh,bless!! I've got a patterdale (zoe),six years old,gorgeous and sweet but with an attitude!! Total boss of our other dogs (lurcher and spaniels) has no fear,attitude of a fierce rotty when she gets a bee in her bonnet.Have got books about them if you want to read,love to go ratting etc.Used to have chickens and she worked out how to climb the chicken wire(four foot) to 'play' with them! :D

Hi Shazzy, she sounds lovely :)

Some books would be great if you don't mind :)
I'm sure that the books would give me some great advice. thank you.

lorr_mun14
21-Sep-09, 09:19
Thanks for some excellent advice there! :)
Is it full-time hours you do then? She quite content to sit in the cage when you are not home?

I can't wait to get Bo out for walks now, really looking forward to it :)

No problem Logan. She seems quite happy to stay in her cage, the morning is for 3 hrs spell then I go home, and the afternoon the same, and of course she is in it all through the night and doesn't cry till about 7 in morning, so she is getting well used to it now. The important thing is to play with him loads and give him good walks, increasing as they get older, they have so much energy. Lots of cuddles too.

lorr_mun14
21-Sep-09, 13:09
How do you get pictures from your pc onto C.org?? Anyone help? Logan??

lorr_mun14
21-Sep-09, 13:18
Here is Gem, 14 weeks old patterdale.

_awayoflife_
21-Sep-09, 14:44
awwwwwwwwww loganbiffy what a little cutie! i want one :P

loganbiffy
21-Sep-09, 15:03
Here is Gem, 14 weeks old patterdale.

She is lovely! She has long hair?
My one is a short-haired one.

lorr_mun14
21-Sep-09, 15:33
She is lovely! She has long hair?
My one is a short-haired one.

no, she is short haired, with a little beard. I will post another picture.

lorr_mun14
21-Sep-09, 15:37
Gem again! I've given her a complex with a blue collar and lead, I really must get a girl one!!

BINBOB
21-Sep-09, 16:25
Gem again! I've given her a complex with a blue collar and lead, I really must get a girl one!!

Awww..lovely.....;)