PDA

View Full Version : Simon Bird

Kenneth
16-Sep-09, 15:07
Alright folks!

Does anyone have a spare Simon Bird ticket, for his show on Friday, or one they are willing to part with??

It's not for me but a friend.

If you could PM or give me a buzz on 07961003394

Cheers,

Kenneth

Blast!
16-Sep-09, 16:46
Has it sold out?

joxville
16-Sep-09, 19:25
Who is Simon Bird?

Invisible
16-Sep-09, 20:09
"Awww for your friend?" *thumbs up*
yeah i would like to go to but am working boo hoo.

pops
16-Sep-09, 20:19
I heard that mcallans are getting some more tickets in tomorrow, so head down there early and try!

Connor.
16-Sep-09, 22:30
There was 1 left today in the Central, dunno if they still have it now though?

Kenneth
17-Sep-09, 00:12
I was led to believe they'd sold out in the Central and MacAllans but I had also heard a rumour that MacAllans were getting more.

It is for a friend but he'll pay me for it, no way is he getting it free haha

And Simon Bird is a comedian who is appearing in Skinandis this Friday! He stars as Will from the Inbetweeners. Have heard good reviews of his show...Stephen Fry advocates him!

Gizmo
17-Sep-09, 09:00
And Simon Bird is a comedian

Really?, i would have to hope his live show is funnier than the bloody awful Inbetweeners

Blast!
17-Sep-09, 13:31
Have heard good reviews of his show...Stephen Fry advocates him!

That's as good a reason as any not to go.

Watten Bear
18-Sep-09, 18:21
Is it 18's and over only, because my little sister who is 16 would want to go but isn't sure whether she can?

Matthew
19-Sep-09, 01:57
Anyone know if it was any good???

Jeid
19-Sep-09, 02:20
Apparently he was only on for 50minutes. People said he was good in parts but not amazing.

MusicWicker
19-Sep-09, 07:37
47 mins I think he managed. Wasna great to be honest, and most of it was lost on the 16-17 year old crowd. Fair play to Skins for getting him up tho, they canna all be good! Get Ross Noble back!

loganbiffy
19-Sep-09, 08:38
I enjoyed Simon, it was a very different show to a run of the mill stand-up routine.
He decided to mix it up a bit, it was not like his stand-up show, it was an experimental game show.

As for him being on for only 50 minutes, what were people expecting? Considering that stand-up comedy acts at their longest only usually last about 20-25 minutes I think it was perfectly acceptable.

I'm not sure Skinandi's "got him up here" more likely that he asked to come up as part of his tour :)

Anyway, an enjoyable show :)

Gizmo
19-Sep-09, 09:05
As for him being on for only 50 minutes, what were people expecting? Considering that stand-up comedy acts at their longest only usually last about 20-25 minutes I think it was perfectly acceptable.

Most 'single performer' comedy shows i've been to have lasted 90mins to 2hrs, after 47mins, i would have demanded a refund.

loganbiffy
19-Sep-09, 11:50
after 47mins, i would have demanded a refund.

Probably just as well you didn't go to it then :)

Like I said, it wasn't a run of the mill stand-up routine!

Kenneth
19-Sep-09, 22:21
thought it was quite good masel!