PDA

View Full Version : Pizzas

William
15-Sep-09, 18:45
Castletown chip shop pizzas are great i've had a few over the last few months an never had one that wasn't brilliant i think you should all try them :P

Bobinovich
15-Sep-09, 19:01
The only one I've tried is the Hot 'n' Spicy which I've had twice now and which is superb, so yes I agree :D

upolian
15-Sep-09, 22:09
u live on pizzas william lol

William
17-Sep-09, 10:43
u live on pizzas william lol

your just jealous cos the good pizzas are closer to me than you :P

upolian
17-Sep-09, 17:44
your just jealous cos the good pizzas are closer to me than you :P

pizzas are a 2second walk from me:P

Mr P Cannop
17-Sep-09, 18:18
i think there a wee bit of war going on

Amy-Winehouse
20-Sep-09, 10:54
I had one from Balti house on friday night which was ok, Except it wasnt the one I ordered[evil] I phoned in my order which was spicy chicken,pepperoni & kebab meat & went to pick it up 15 mins later, I then walked up the road & got into the house opened the box only to find a cheese & pineapple pizza!!!

I was not amused, this is the 3rd time they have messed up & order for us in the last 2 weeks, I did phone Mohammed & complained to him but whether he gives a toss is anyones guess!??

Usually the food s not too bad in there but lately its been poor show

Stefan
20-Sep-09, 12:01
I had a bit of one from the Taj Mahal in Halkirk the other day and it was disgusting. All sloppy and tasted like there was jam in it rather than tomato.... Only had few bites as I am lactose intolerant and shouldn't eat bought pizza, but we bought an xlarge one (ham and mushrooms) and the other 3 people eating it said the same.
Certainly won't be buying pizza there again.

lybsterlad
29-Sep-09, 18:14
I had one from Balti house on friday night which was ok, Except it wasnt the one I ordered[evil] I phoned in my order which was spicy chicken,pepperoni & kebab meat & went to pick it up 15 mins later, I then walked up the road & got into the house opened the box only to find a cheese & pineapple pizza!!!

I was not amused, this is the 3rd time they have messed up & order for us in the last 2 weeks, I did phone Mohammed & complained to him but whether he gives a toss is anyones guess!??

quite shocked at this post, i have always found pizzas from balti and curries to be really good on one occasion my order was mixed up with someone elses i telephoned to complain and my correct order was delivered to my home ( which i may add is outwith wick) could'nt say food is poor there either had a curry on sat night, kids had pizza and all the food was of their normal excellence. have never had a bad curry or pizza from the place, and on occasion order was wrong they delivered correct order what more can you ask for

pentlander
01-Oct-09, 13:46
We had a Halkirk one last week and found it bland and with little or no spice.
There were a few of us and all the curries were very similiar.
Suprised us because we had heard good things. May have been an off day I suppose. We will give it another go.

lybsterlad
01-Oct-09, 17:36
We had a Halkirk one last week and found it bland and with little or no spice.
There were a few of us and all the curries were very similiar.
Suprised us because we had heard good things. May have been an off day I suppose. We will give it another go.
i also heard halkirk curries were not as good and the ones they use to serve in castletown, which is a shame really as the indian had a really good reputation when they were in castletown

Turquoise
06-Oct-09, 14:00
Yes, we were somewhat disappointed with our curry from Taj Mahal on Sat night. The samosas were quite stale and the curries had no chilli in them at all. On the plus side, we didn't have to wait long at all and the curries themselves were not too heavy. They weren't swimming in pools of ghee, like you normally get in a takeaway curry.

DarkAngel
06-Oct-09, 14:04

i Agree... We Have Orderd Pizzas From There And They Always Get The Orders Mixed Up.. The Food Out There Is Good.. When Ya Get The Correct Order Lol

Amy-Winehouse
10-Oct-09, 08:49
quite shocked at this post,

, and on occasion order was wrong they delivered correct order what more can you ask for

What I ask for is the order I asked for, for the food not to be burnt, for it to be edible as I am paying a bit more than an average priced meal. It used to be pretty good scran from there .

Another example was when I ordered a kebab & waited in the shop-normally it takes 5 mins to prepare but I sat & sat & sat for 30 mins then they messed up my kebab!!!!???:eek: I asked for pitta bread with the salad & sauce, when I got the kebab in the shop I inspected it then told the guy there was no pitta bread, he took it back, turned his back for 20 secs & put a cold one on top of the meat??? Not good enough. If there was anothe rkebab shop in Wick Id be giving this place a wide berth

Moonboots
10-Oct-09, 10:05
I know the balti has had new chefs in and this was why the orders were getting mixed up.. before that. they were great.. maybe new chefs in the new shop from mohammed. just have to wait and see but i heard its opening this weekend.