PDA

View Full Version : Freeview

The Angel Of Death
15-Sep-09, 16:44
Just noticed that i have some new channels on the freeview (sky3 sky sports news sky news and a few others i forgot) but the signal quality is shocking for them all but all other channels are perfect with a great signal

Anyone else having the same probs ?

redeyedtreefrog
15-Sep-09, 16:51
Me too, occasionally E4+1 doesnt work, but its fine most of the time.

The Angel Of Death
15-Sep-09, 16:57
Been told there working on the transmitter but that was last week would have thought any work would be done by now etc

teddybear1873
15-Sep-09, 17:05
Just noticed that i have some new channels on the freeview (sky3 sky sports news sky news and a few others i forgot) but the signal quality is shocking for them all but all other channels are perfect with a great signal

Anyone else having the same probs ?

Even though I never had Freeview, I was under the impression that the signal quality was based on 2 things.

1- A high gain digital aerial.

2- A good quality Freeview box, not a cheap one.

Quote me if I'm wrong on this.

The Angel Of Death
15-Sep-09, 17:07
your right but the aeriel is a high gain one that has been installed and all other channels are great just not the new ones

Also the freeview is built directly into the tv and hasnt been a prob untill the new ones came out the other day

teddybear1873
15-Sep-09, 17:15
your right but the aeriel is a high gain one that has been installed and all other channels are great just not the new ones

Also the freeview is built directly into the tv and hasnt been a prob untill the new ones came out the other day

Maybe try a software update then a reboot.

LMS
15-Sep-09, 18:20
Read somewhere that there are changes to the Freeview stations in September and everyone should re-tune on 30th September.

The Angel Of Death
15-Sep-09, 18:48
nothing software wise either will try a retune nearer the end of the month

lister
15-Sep-09, 19:21
Several day ago and more recently,yesterday i think,the signal strength was very poor and my telly sounded like a cross between Norman Collier's act and Jimmy Stewart's stuttering problem with freaky looking screens all jiddery and frozen,many different channels affected,s'ppose its just as well theres nothing really good i wanted to watch or the air would have been blue or frozen technicolour!!
I have high gain digital ariel and exp thick wire to connect but no matter what i checked it still just said poor signal on all 4 telly's in the hoose!

Liz
15-Sep-09, 19:39
My Freeview was badly affected on most channels yesterday and suspect it was due to high pressure?

Here's hoping that when analogue is switched off in May next year that this will help.

Tom Cornwall
16-Sep-09, 12:27
it's not only on Freeview...we had that problem on the normal Sky channels..we complained about the quality of the Sky Arts channel last Saturday, when they were showing Johnny Cash stuff, they said 'oh, maybe it's because the shoes were old'... I told them not to be silly, it was the signal from that particular channel...everything else seemed ok..