PDA

View Full Version : Keith Floyd

Venture
15-Sep-09, 09:09
I see that Keith Floyd the popular TV chef has also died.

Kevin Milkins
15-Sep-09, 09:33
I see that Keith Floyd the popular TV chef has also died.

Sorry way to start the day. :( I turned the TV on when I went to bed last night and I watched some of a doumentory about Kieth Floyd, but I did not realise he had died. :confused

dafi
15-Sep-09, 09:56
Shame.

I watched most of the program last night. He was pretty done in by the life of drink and a shadow of his former self.

Very sad.

Gizmo
15-Sep-09, 10:13
He's always been my favourite Tv chef, a real character, i loved his flamboyant ways and sense of humour, the world of cooking has lost a legend today :(

Amy-Winehouse
15-Sep-09, 10:17
A very entertaining chef, especially in the late 80`s & early 90`s. He used to go out on fishing boats in all weathers just to show you how hard it was for the fishermen to bring the fish to your table so I always had a lot of time for him after that. Rick Stein being the other chef that does it.

It is a sad loss to cooking & one less character on Telly, he didnt really give a monkeys which endeared him to me.

RIP Keith

joxville
15-Sep-09, 12:34
Sorry way to start the day. :( I turned the TV on when I went to bed last night and I watched some of a doumentory about Kieth Floyd, but I did not realise he had died. :confused

I agree, dying is a terrible way to start your day.:eek:

BINBOB
15-Sep-09, 12:42
He was a drunk...not a hero.:confused

Venture
15-Sep-09, 12:52
I agree, dying is a terrible way to start your day.:eek:

Poor taste that one Jox.

Who said he was a hero? He was a talented TV chef that folk enjoyed watching. Fair enough he loved a tipple while he cooked but that's what made his character more likeable and so different from the others. Let's not forget that alcoholism is an illness and he still managed to struggle on regardless. He cooked in some really strange places but always managed to produce the goods. He had a great sense of humour and I for one enjoyed his programmes.

Liz
15-Sep-09, 13:40
I am sad to hear that Keith Floyd has died.

He was one of life's real characters and I used to really enjoy his programmes.

RIP Keith.

weeboyagee
15-Sep-09, 13:58
I watched most of the program last night. He was pretty done in by the life of drink and a shadow of his former self.
I know the feeling - well all but the bit about being a shadow of my former self.

Very sad though.

WBG :cool:

Cattach
15-Sep-09, 14:22

Just because someone swiggs some wine for effect on a TV show that is well planned does not necessarily make them 'a drunk'. And if they do take too much drink we should try help with the illness rather than throwing silly names like drunk.

Amy-Winehouse
15-Sep-09, 14:28

In his favour-He didnt hang around street corners drinking out a brown paper bag, spewing & urinating all over the place.

silverfox57
15-Sep-09, 14:36
think his family might disagree,may he rest in peace.

BINBOB
15-Sep-09, 16:40
We are all entitled to our opinion.........do not think his example was a good one.

Sporran
15-Sep-09, 17:30
I'm very sorry to hear Keith Floyd has passed away too. :( I used to enjoy watching his TV cookery shows - they were highly entertaining! He was a right character - I loved his flamboyant, well spoken style, and the way he presented his shows with such gusto. Of all the cookery shows I have watched, I enjoyed his the most.

Rest in Peace, Keith.

Mrs Bucket
15-Sep-09, 17:31
Sadly in my experience alcohol and talent / brilliance sometimes go hand in hand

unicorn
15-Sep-09, 17:32
Being a drunk does not make a person bad or less of a person, They are human with thoughts and feelings and people love them just the same. Not everyone in life is perfect and most people love others as equals no matter what their faults.
Rip Keith

mrjolly
15-Sep-09, 17:44
he made a rare sherry trifle. hic! hic!

BINBOB
15-Sep-09, 18:07
Sadly in my experience alcohol and talent / brilliance sometimes go hand in hand

That does happen all too often............

lister
15-Sep-09, 19:30
Being a drunk does not make a person bad or less of a person, They are human with thoughts and feelings and people love them just the same. Not everyone in life is perfect and most people love others as equals no matter what their faults.
Rip Keith

My sentiments exactly Unicorn.
R.I.P. Keith a great chef an showed just how much fun ye could have in a kitchen,Sadly missed.

butterfly
15-Sep-09, 19:31

So?...That doesnt make him any less of a cook or a human being.[evil]

squidge
15-Sep-09, 21:49
I met him once, he was funny, charming, a little tipsy, flamboyant and highly entertaining. I always liked him and I am sorry to see he is gone.

Boozeburglar
15-Sep-09, 22:53
He was a hero.

End of discussion as far as I am concerned.

I loved him, and was lucky enough to meet him as well, a totally rum .

Now I am struggling to think of heros of mine who don't have some socially unacceptable facet..

Sam Peckinpah, Jimi Hendrix, Frank Zappa, James Coburn, John McEnroe, Alex Higgins, Lenny Bruce, Dali, George Best, Ronald Belford, Doupy Dan..