PDA

View Full Version : Another scam?

majic
15-Sep-09, 08:47
I had a phone call from a investigation company yesterday asking for the owner of the company my OH had the phone and said that i wasn't here being concerned i googled the number it turns out to be a company that deals in mis sold loans and credit.
Anyone else had this?

ryrie
17-Sep-09, 19:23
:( yeh! i got a similar phone call! they said that the banks had broken the law with their credit agreements and that any credit agreements i had were not worth the paper they were written on! so any outstanding balances i owed up to 50,000 could be claimed back. being doubious i asked what was in it for them? and they said only a small fee of 395 pound would be charged but it would'nt cost me anything because i should put it on my credit card and the bank would pay for it!! and guess what the first thing they asked for was my credit card details!! of coarse i didn't give it to them and the guy got quite aggresive when i said he wasn't getting them! all i can say BIG SCAM!!!!!!!!

dx100uk
18-Sep-09, 10:37
oh yes.
very big scam.

unenforcable credit agreements are not some magic bullet that wipes debt out. the debt still exists.

bank charge reclaims are all on hold anyhow, but Credit cards & loans are fair game for reclaiming unlawful fees & PPI .

this you can do yourself for nowt!

www.consumeractiongroup.com (http://www.consumeractiongroup.com)

CAG is the place to go!

dx

majic
18-Sep-09, 12:35
Hi thanks i did think it was dodgy when they asked for the owner of the company and not ask for me by name or the mane of the company you have to be so untrusting these days its quite sad.

oldmarine
18-Sep-09, 17:56
Hi thanks i did think it was dodgy when they asked for the owner of the company and not ask for me by name or the mane of the company you have to be so untrusting these days its quite sad.

You have to be very careful these days. There are all kinds of scams.