PDA

View Full Version : Rest In Peace Patrick Swayze

Ash
15-Sep-09, 08:02
Not sure if this had been posted but RIP Patrick Swayze, Just turned on the news and he has lost his battle with Cancer

he was one of my favourite actors

may his family be left to mourn in peace :(:(:(

Fluff
15-Sep-09, 08:02
So sad, he has died aged 57 of pancreatic cancer.

I'm going to add Ghost to my LoveFilm list now.

Venture
15-Sep-09, 08:08
So sad to hear about it this morning. There won't be many ladies out there without Ghost and Dirty Dancing in their film collections. One of Holywood's original heart-throbs. RIP

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1213530/BREAKING-NEWS-Patrick-Swayze-dies-year-battle-cancer.html

NLP
15-Sep-09, 08:25
That is so sad he was a great actor.
RIP

unicorn
15-Sep-09, 08:53
I watched dirty dancing so often it is burned in my memory, Great actor. May he rest in peace :~(

arana negra
15-Sep-09, 09:08
I liked him, one the films described as the most successful of the flops? Road House was liked as well as Ghost and Dirty Dancing.

porshiepoo
15-Sep-09, 09:10
Such an Icon.
For me he was one of the greatest actors of all time. I grew up loving his films and it's so sad that he lost this final battle.

Rest in Peace Patrick Swayze.

sharona
15-Sep-09, 09:54
patrick died also

shamrock2007
15-Sep-09, 10:03
Totally cutted by Patrick Swayzes death he was a legend, my hero when i was growing up, Dirty Dancing was sooo good. RIP

KCI
15-Sep-09, 10:50
So sad to hear this - he was always so positive throughout his illness. I was a huge fan of his - such a nice, genuine guy. :~(

brandy
15-Sep-09, 10:59
God i hate to hear this as well.. thoughts to all his family and friends... and like the shining star he is, may his memory shine on for many years to come.

teenybash
15-Sep-09, 13:11
RIP Patrick.....you were one of the greats and a nice guy to boot.:(

Liz
15-Sep-09, 13:22
So sad to hear that he lost his brave battle with cancer.

He was a great actor and a genuinely nice person as well which is more important.

Thinking of his family and friends.

Rheghead
15-Sep-09, 14:54
That's really weird, as I just read this thread's title, my stereo started to play Unchained Melody by the Rightous brothers. RIP Patrick.

miss happy
15-Sep-09, 15:36
God must have needed a beautiful angel now he has one of the best r.i.p. Patrick Swayze.

Kodiak
15-Sep-09, 15:53
Sad Day indeed, R.I.P Patrick

honey
15-Sep-09, 16:22
sad news indeed. The Outsiders is one of my all time favourite films (dirty dancing as well of course)

he was a great actor.

teddybear1873
15-Sep-09, 16:24
sad news indeed. The Outsiders is one of my all time favourite films (dirty dancing as well of course)

he was a great actor.

Good film with the Brat Packers. RIP Pat. Another sad loss to the entertainment world.

Connor.
15-Sep-09, 16:54
He had the time of his life. RIP

Amy-Winehouse
15-Sep-09, 19:43
Yes he did have the time of his life.....

so he's a real ghost now?

grumpy1
15-Sep-09, 20:39
R.i.p patrick swayze...such a sad loss...its always the good ones..

wee sparkle
15-Sep-09, 23:51
I loved his films :D Was a great actor! ...x

Sporran
16-Sep-09, 17:01
I was very sad to learn that Patrick Swayze lost his battle with cancer. He was a fine actor and wonderful dancer, and a nice, genuine person, who didn't let success go to his head. He had a "down-home" charm to him that I admired.

I first saw him in the American Civil War mini-series North and South, and I really enjoyed his performance in that. Like most women, I was wowed by his dancing skills in Dirty Dancing! :cool: I was further impressed when I learned that it was he who sang She's Like the Wind on the movie soundtrack, and that he co-wrote the song. Of course, I also loved him in Ghost, another of my favourite films. I was amazed at how good he looked as a drag queen in the "To Wong Foo...." comedy film. Like Dustin Hoffman's Tootsie, you couldn't help but feel endeared to his character, Vida Boheme.

I've written a poem in tribute to Patrick on the Literature Forum. Please take a look at it, if you wish.