PDA

View Full Version : John Hartson – Fighting for My Life, ITV

bettedaviseyes
14-Sep-09, 20:11
John Hartson, the former Cetlic hero, has given his first TV interview since his cancer surgery earlier this summer. STV will broadcast the one-off documentary, John Hartson – Fighting for My Life, on Monday September 14th

John shares the intimate details of the past few months, following his diagnosis of testicular cancer in July 2009. Looking as well as can be expected in a moving interview, he talks frankly about events leading up to his diagnosis, the immediate aftermath, and his current condition.

Paul Murray, Executive Producer at STV, said: “John Hartson is a highly regarded and popular character in Scotland and his story will touch many who watch this documentary. His is a poignant and powerful tale, and one which we’re honoured to bring to viewers in Scotland.”

TIn January 2008, ex-Celtic, Arsenal and Welsh international striker John Hartson retired from professional football. The frontman, who had scored 167 times in 399 professional matches, might have expected a lucrative and fulfilling retirement working as a TV pundit or of fulfilling his dreams of a career in management.

Instead, since July this year, he's been fighting for his life after being diagnosed with testicular cancer, which has affected both his brain and lungs.

The Celtic family in Scotland, both club and supporters, were among those who were quick to express their enduring support.

Hartson added: "I'm not going to be able to thank everyone personally for their message but I appreciate every one, both from inside and outside football. And the biggest thanks to my fantastic family and friends."

celtic lass
14-Sep-09, 23:54
It was very moving and i admire him because that interview must have been very difficult for him with it being so soon after he was fighting for his life.We always think celebs are untouchable,but it shows everyone their not.All the best big john all the best

Fran
14-Sep-09, 23:56
I thought this was a brilliant programme. What a lucky man and I hope he continues to recover well.
This was a great programme for men to be more aware of the signs of testicular cancer and to go to their gp as soon as possible.John didnt go to the doctor straight away when he found a lump as he hoped it would just go away, and it was 2 months before he finally spoke to his doctor about it. Goes to show that men and women must always report any suspicious symptons straight away.

Anne x
15-Sep-09, 00:05
I thought this was a brilliant programme. What a lucky man and I hope he continues to recover well.
This was a great programme for men to be more aware of the signs of testicular cancer and to go to their gp as soon as possible.John didnt go to the doctor straight away when he found a lump as he hoped it would just go away, and it was 2 months before he finally spoke to his doctor about it. Goes to show that men and women must always report any suspicious symptons straight away.

yes of course stands to reason find and do something about it think it went to the man in the documentary's brain before he did something about it as he complained of severe headaches nothing to do with his original condition just like women cervical cancer silent killer amongst women

Henrik7
15-Sep-09, 09:28
I'm really gutted I missed it. Good to see all the support he got though from everyone though.

Bruce
20-Sep-09, 01:49
hes got no hair we dont care wailking in the hartson wonder land!!!!!theirs only 1 jonny hartson only 1 jonny hartson hes got no hair we dont care walking i the hartson wornder land god bless this welsh dragon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!