PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle - Wild Horses

The Oracle
14-Sep-09, 19:27
This is Susan Boyle's single due for release in November.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR83mG3Ojp4

What do you think?

joxville
14-Sep-09, 19:30
Wild Horses wouldn't drag me out of bed to buy it. :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
14-Sep-09, 19:31

Oh Jox you kidder I bet you have it pre ordered. :Razz

joxville
14-Sep-09, 19:33
Oh Jox you kidder I bet you have it pre ordered. :Razz

Nope, not kidding...I expected better from her. It's listenable, just doesn't grab my ears like her BGT song choices.

purplelady
14-Sep-09, 23:57
have to say i really liked it that lady has an amazing voice xxxxxx

Anne x
15-Sep-09, 00:10
lmho , pmsl , wild horses need to be tethered

George Brims
15-Sep-09, 00:33
I am very impressed by that. I was expecting it would be too West End/Broadway, but it's a really tasteful rendition. I wonder what the Stones would think of it. I just heard a DJ say at the weekend that when Mick appeared with the song, the rest of the band hated it!

Sporran
15-Sep-09, 00:45
I love it!!! :D I'm really bowled over by Susan's gorgeous rendition of Wild Horses. So beautiful, it sent shivers down my spine!!

I had my husband listen to it without seeing the video, and asked him who he thought the singer was. He said "Sheena Easton". Well, at least he got the nationality right! He was just as impressed as me, by the way. Stunning video too, don't you think? :cool:

Wild horses won't have to drag me to buy Ms Boyle's forthcoming CD - I'm on my way to pre-order it from Amazon right now! :D

Aaldtimer
15-Sep-09, 03:28
Anyone checked out her website? http://www.susanboylemusic.com/gb/music
:)

arana negra
15-Sep-09, 07:48
Just listened to it and like it will listen to it again I am sure it is now on favourites. Thanks for the link.

David Banks
15-Sep-09, 18:22
People are surprised at the quality of her voice. Why ?

In my younger and more religious days (teens and twenties) there were exceptional soloists in just about every church (Caithness and Edinburgh) I visited, not to mention other musical talents. A good proportion of church attendees could read music and/or hold a tune.

She has a good voice - yes - but nothing to warrant such hoopla in my opinion.

Stefan
15-Sep-09, 18:34
Well, it all depends what you do with your voice. Attend church or a tv contest....
I am glad she is not being pulled into some kind of music that wouldn't suit her. Hope she stays true to herself and copes with the dramatic change of life.

Sporran
15-Sep-09, 18:34
Aaldtimer, thanks for posting the link to Susan's website - I didn't know she had one, till then. Also, thanks to The Oracle for starting this thread in the first place, by posting the link to the lovely You Tube video! :)

grumpy1
15-Sep-09, 20:48
I must admit im not a subo fan at all...although i was quite surprised at this...it has a peaceful air to it....it wouldnt inspire me to rush out and buy an album tho.....

BINBOB
15-Sep-09, 21:42

Have to agree with u on this!!!:lol:

Kevin Milkins
15-Sep-09, 21:45
That was nice to listen to, thanks for posting and hope she does well with it.:Razz

BINBOB
15-Sep-09, 21:46
Anyone checked out her website? http://www.susanboylemusic.com/gb/music
:)

Where is Pebbles???????????:roll:

kmahon2001
15-Sep-09, 22:41
That's always been one of my favourite Rolling Stones tracks - gorgeous song and her voice is really suited to it. Hope it does well for her.:cool:

teenybash
16-Sep-09, 12:06
Susan is one of the very few who sings from her soul........Her star will continue to grow brighter...............

Liz
16-Sep-09, 13:03
Well I love the song and Susan singing it. Gave me a tingle up my spine.:D

As Teenybash said she sings from her soul and it is refreshing to hear this.

Wishing her every success.

Thanks a lot for posting the link The Oracle.