PDA

View Full Version : kids football..

plutonio
14-Sep-09, 17:49
I attended a football tournament on Sunday held at Ham Park by PUFC which was a thoroughly great day out, the football was entertaining and the food & refreshments were great.
There was one dark cloud to spoil the day, i heard that one of the teams was allegedly playing some under 9's in their under 7's side and as this competition was not a Caithness Football Association run event the rules are not written in stone and open for abuse.
i find it unbelievable how some people will resort to any measures to ensure a win, in a kids event!!
sad.

Bill Fernie
18-Sep-09, 20:26
I have removed the rest of this thread as I have been informed that the allegations of cheating made are untrue and possibly due to wrong information or misunderstanding - jumping to conclusions etc etc.

The young player who was alleged to have played in the wrong age group was apparently the correct age but has regularly played in a team age group of 9 years old which is allowed. However as he plays regularly for the 9s it has been supposed (wrongly ) that he is 9 when he is in fact 7. Obviously he must have some talent and ability and that is perhaps why some thought (wrongly) he was older than he in fact was.

The matter was checked beforehand that is was in order to play in the team and the allegations of cheating are incorrect.

The matter is being investigated by Caithness Junior Football Assoc