PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for "Truffles"

laguna2
14-Sep-09, 09:26
I have a recipe I was given years ago for "truffles". Ingredients are Digestive Biscuits, Condensed Milk, Drinking Chocolate, Coconut and Margarine.

Tried it yesterday and it was just not right! :( Think I may have guessed the quantities incorrectly! :p

Does anyone have a recipe like this that works - and has the quantities included :lol:!

Thanks in advance.

skinnydog
14-Sep-09, 12:39
I have a recipe but will need to dig it out tonight!

laguna2
14-Sep-09, 15:27
I have a recipe but will need to dig it out tonight!

Thank you so much skinnydog ... look forward to trying it out!

arana negra
14-Sep-09, 17:13
I used to love them look forward to your recipe also :)

skinnydog
14-Sep-09, 20:36
Here goes but there is a small flaw in the plan - my recipe uses an old style "small" tin of condensed milk but you dont get them any more!! Just use 3/4 of the tin and that should do.

18 crushed rich tea biscuits (or digestives), 2 oz melted marg, 2 tablespoons of drinking chocolate, the tin of condensed milk

Mix together, allow to set for 15 to 20 minutes, roll into small balls and roll them in dessicated coconut or little chocolate strands, simply delicious and oh so good for the waistline......

laguna2
15-Sep-09, 08:36
That is the same recipe as I had ..... and it went all wrong ... I did wonder about the "small" tin being so big!

Also wondered if the digestives had got smaller :lol:

Will try your revised version out at the weekend .... thanks very much! :)

topotheuk
19-Oct-09, 13:33
The recipe I use, and cross fingers it's worked every time, is:

20 digestives crushed
10 table spoons desicated coconut
8 table spoons cadbury drinking chocolate
4 oz marg/butter melted
1 tin condensed milk

mix all together and roll into little balls then roll in either coconut or chocolate strands, oh I feel a batch coming on!

laguna2
20-Oct-09, 15:09
thanks for the recipe topoftheuk! What size of tin of c milk do you use?

2boyz1girl
20-Oct-09, 23:11
Hello
I am kind a new to this so be patient with me! I made chocolate balls last week and they were delicious. Same recipe. Don't last 2 minutes though! Love them with coconut. Pain in the butt not getting small tins of condensed milk as I binned the rest. Should of made an extra batch. Trying to be good though before xmas!! Laters:lol:

topotheuk
21-Oct-09, 11:01
Sorry I'm not sure what size the tin is, its just the standard size one they have in Tesco. When I get home I'll have a look. My recipe gave half the amounts that I gave you ie. 10 biscuits, etc. Since the tin is a fair size, I doubled all the ingredients up and it seems to work just fine. I'll give you a shout when I see what is on the tin of c milk. :)

Creme_Egg
28-Oct-09, 14:44
the easiest way to make truffles is to use equal quantities of cream chocolate (any) and melted unsalted butter literally a ganash. then get a melon baller and just scoop them into lovely balls