PDA

View Full Version : Caledonia restaurant

starlight express
13-Sep-09, 20:33
Anyone know whats happening, heard it has closed down saw the place being emptied today, also heard it may become a Thai Restaurant. Any news?

Mr P Cannop
13-Sep-09, 20:46
Anyone know whats happening, heard it has closed down saw the place being emptied today, also heard it may become a Thai Restaurant. Any news?

dont think thats true i was in it on friday eveing

Alice in Blunderland
13-Sep-09, 20:52
Oh deary, deary me.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3009/232386-fish_fishing_large.jpg

Kevin Milkins
13-Sep-09, 22:07
Oh deary, deary me.

What, they are turning it into a fish shop?

starlight express
13-Sep-09, 22:11
Friends were in for a meal last night and staff told them that as from 6 o clock last night that that was them finished but that the restaurant would be opening again as some kind of oriental restaurant.

unicorn
13-Sep-09, 22:16
I have to get out more [lol] The first I have heard of the place and it is closed [lol]

Invisible
13-Sep-09, 22:34
Oh deary, deary me.

fishing for information perhaps?

joxville
13-Sep-09, 22:36
fishing for information perhaps?

http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/374/facepalmi.jpg

Invisible
13-Sep-09, 22:38
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/374/facepalmi.jpg

is that you jox?

joxville
13-Sep-09, 22:43
is that you jox?
Almost, I'm a fair few years younger. :cool:

Alice in Blunderland
13-Sep-09, 23:07
Almost, I'm a fair few years younger. :cool:

And much, much, more handsome................................. :Razz

< Alice gets up from her knees>

joxville
13-Sep-09, 23:13
And much, much, more handsome................................. :Razz

I was gonna give you cheek on the driving to Glasgow thread but not now. :)

Fran
14-Sep-09, 01:35

That is so sad. a lot of money was spent renovating the place and putting in nice furniture. they really did try to make a go of it. i was in twice and enjoyed my meals. Very sorry to hear they are closed. Too many cafes in Bridge street. Not another chinese restaurant surely.

Cattach
14-Sep-09, 07:41

Never heard of it. Where is the Caledonian Restaurant? Is it on the High Street or Bridge Street in Wick where no one ever goes these days?

annemarie482
14-Sep-09, 09:38

let me solve this for everyone, it is being sub-let to the balti house who is moving in to open a restaurant.
apparently they will serve indian and british food.
how do i know......the OWNNER not the lease holder of the building told me!

katarina
14-Sep-09, 09:51
Indian and chinese restaurants we have nough of! I want Italian! Greek! or even turkish! just something different!

annemarie482
14-Sep-09, 09:53
Indian and chinese restaurants we have nough of! I want Italian! Greek! or even turkish! just something different!

me too! if only!

BRIE
14-Sep-09, 09:55
thats dissappointing! I want a good Italian restaurant.

George Brims
14-Sep-09, 10:17
Sigh. I have to drive miles to an Indian restaurant. Our nearest one burned down. And all the Chinese are Szechuan (greasy and spicy compared to Cantonese). And worst of all the fish and chip shop went out of business!

Think yourselves lucky!

Amy-Winehouse
14-Sep-09, 17:39
thats dissappointing! I want a good Italian restaurant.

You are not alone in your thinking

Mr P Cannop
14-Sep-09, 17:52
is it true that its closed ??

telfordstar
14-Sep-09, 18:16
Does any of the owners or employees not post on the org to set the record straight?

arana negra
14-Sep-09, 20:48
Does any of the owners or employees not post on the org to set the record straight?

this help ?

let me solve this for everyone, it is being sub-let to the balti house who is moving in to open a restaurant.
apparently they will serve indian and british food.
how do i know......the OWNNER not the lease holder of the building told me!

essexbird
14-Sep-09, 20:52
Hmmm - MacDonalds . . . . . .

arana negra
14-Sep-09, 21:14
NO NO NO I was married to a MacDonald once McDonalds is a no no for me ! :)

telfordstar
14-Sep-09, 21:19
this help ?

MMMM not really gossip perhaps?

redeyedtreefrog
14-Sep-09, 21:21

Watch for an innuendo infraction point there Alice!

annemarie482
14-Sep-09, 21:25
MMMM not really gossip perhaps?

fraid not. what i've already said above, was confirmed by owner of balti house on sat night! go in and ask them if you need to!

mrjolly
14-Sep-09, 21:49
is it in wick or thurso?:eek:

Aaldtimer
14-Sep-09, 21:49

Me too! (Shudder!) :~(

telfordstar
14-Sep-09, 21:50
fraid not. what i've already said above, was confirmed by owner of balti house on sat night! go in and ask them if you need to!

I will pass thanks. Im sure time will tell all.

sweetpea
14-Sep-09, 23:20
Who gives a ....this shouldn't be on general get an announcement banior its about 60 squid amonth:)

Fran
14-Sep-09, 23:37
Two indian restaurants in one street, almost across from each other, madness.I have been told that the existing indian restaurant is reopening shortly under new management.Wick will have 3 indian retaurants.

arana negra
15-Sep-09, 08:20
Me too! (Shudder!) :~(

:eek: spooky !

Amy-Winehouse
15-Sep-09, 10:08
Two indian restaurants in one street, almost across from each other, madness.I have been told that the existing indian restaurant is reopening shortly under new management.Wick will have 3 indian retaurants.

Thats excellent news, we can have a sweep on .Org to see which one will go bust first then [lol].
Someone said that to me about the Chinese takeaway outlets in Wick but they have stood the test of time- all 4 are still operating(to my knowledge)so he lost that wager.

Seriously, whats wrong with a bit of variety? We want an Italian,Greek or Spanish restuarant no another bloody curry hoose

Tighsonas4
15-Sep-09, 17:28
brora is not what you would call a city and it has two [lol] tony

lybsterlad
15-Sep-09, 18:31
I thought there was only one indian restaurant in wick, as k2 is still closed i enjoyed going to k2 always got a good curry and escpecially enjoyed buffet night on a sunday night it was always busy, think wick will stand another indian restaurant especially if the curries they serve are as good as balti from take away, am looking forward to it opening.
if it wasnt opening as a restaurant it would probably end up a charity shop and i think there are plenty of them in town centre already, could do with couple of decent shops to buy decent stuff, maybe elthel austin opening will improve shopping in town centre as well

superceltic
17-Sep-09, 20:03
I thought there was only one indian restaurant in wick, as k2 is still closed i enjoyed going to k2 always got a good curry and escpecially enjoyed buffet night on a sunday night it was always busy, think wick will stand another indian restaurant especially if the curries they serve are as good as balti from take away, am looking forward to it opening.
if it wasnt opening as a restaurant it would probably end up a charity shop and i think there are plenty of them in town centre already, could do with couple of decent shops to buy decent stuff, maybe elthel austin opening will improve shopping in town centre as well

Aye theres just the one Indian restaurant in Wick and i wasnt best impressed with it! i cant wait till it opens! Balti do amazing currys! best of luck to mohammed

AfternoonDelight
18-Sep-09, 11:37

Stop slagging of the MacDonalds.... the clan wars are still a fresh memory...:lol:

Amy-Winehouse
19-Sep-09, 14:34
Stop slagging of the MacDonalds.... the clan wars are still a fresh memory...:lol:

Aye the McDonalds make no bad big mac meals, Campbells are only good for soup:Razz

katarina
19-Sep-09, 19:46
Maybe the chef in the balti house could learn to do Italian? after all they do make exceedingly good pizzas. they could call it an Inalian restaurant.