PDA

View Full Version : valuing

pirateeye
13-Sep-09, 17:32
anyone know where i can get a JVC complete video pack valued? it's about 50 years old and has tripod and extra battery and charger and carry cases. Also comes with instruction manuals. been told it's a collectors item. any help appreciated thanks.

PantsMAN
13-Sep-09, 18:07
Ebay - if no-one's buying them, it ain't worth nuffin!!

Mik.M.
13-Sep-09, 18:27
anyone know where i can get a JVC complete video pack valued? it's about 50 years old and has tripod and extra battery and charger and carry cases. Also comes with instruction manuals. been told it's a collectors item. any help appreciated thanks.
Video wasn`t around 50 years ago.

PantsMAN
13-Sep-09, 18:38
Video wasn`t around 50 years ago.

It was called sketching then, LOL!!

northener
13-Sep-09, 18:53

50 year-old JVC video pack?:eek:

Worth an absolute bloody fortune, is that....

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 19:11
Surprisingly the First Practical professional videotape machines capable of replacing kinescopes were the Quadruplex[/URL] machines introduced by Ampex[URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ampex"] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2%22_Quadruplex_videotape) on April 14, 1956.

The world's first demonstration of a videotape recording in Los Angeles on November 11, 1951.

Ampex introduced a color videotape recorder in 1958 in a cross-licensing agreement with RCA, whose engineers had developed it from an Ampex black-and-white recorder.

Sony Launched Betamax Video in 1975

JVC Launched VHS Video in 1976.

So Although Video has been around for some time JVC did not Launch Video until 1976.

So a Complete JVC Video Pack from 50 years ago would be really something.

pirateeye
13-Sep-09, 19:32
i do apologise, it was information i was given by an elderly man, so it would be from when they first came out then.
So can anyone give the information as to who to contact for a valuation? please:)

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 19:41
i do apologise, it was information i was given by an elderly man, so it would be from when they first came out then.
So can anyone give the information as to who to contact for a valuation? please:)

I do not think a Valuation is really necessary. I think you would have to pay someone to take it away. But that is just my personal opinion.

pirateeye
13-Sep-09, 20:00
thanks for the info above may end up in a charity shop then need rid of it taking up space being a valueless gift

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 20:05
thanks for the info above may end up in a charity shop then need rid of it taking up space being a valueless gift

If this is from, say, late 1970's, then a Museum might be interested in it.

pirateeye
maybe you could help with this one?
i have a violin that must be about year 1900 know this because it's got the tuning done in london in 1904. original stamp inside. any information as to where to get it valued much appreciated thank you

brandy
would def. try ebay hun. there may be a collector out there looking for one and you never know.

joxville
13-Sep-09, 20:06

Please don't dump it, spend a little time searching similar on the internet to find out a value. Also, there are collectors of old equipment such as that that you mention, i.e. old Spectrum computers and Atari games machines fetch good money, so if the space it's taking up isn't needed then hold on to it.

Another way to find a possible price is go to your local library and check the reference section for a Miller's Price Guide Book, which deals with collectables. I'd hate to see you, (or the old man), lose out on a tidy wee sum of cash.

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 20:11
maybe you could help with this one?
i have a violin that must be about year 1900 know this because it's got the tuning done in london in 1904. original stamp inside. any information as to where to get it valued much appreciated thank you

Personally what I would do would be to contact a GOOD Auction House. Nearest I waould say would be in Edinburgh.

I would suggest either Christie's or Bonhams. You could phone them to see if they would be interested or if they would value it for you. Here are their Phone Numbers.

Christie's 0131 225 4756

Bonhams 0131 225 2266

If they can not help you I am sure they will be able to give you a contact name and address to someone who could.

pirateeye
13-Sep-09, 20:20
:Dthank you very much certainly worth a phone call by the sounds of it

teenybash
13-Sep-09, 20:34
You can photograph your items and email the pics and description direct to Anita Mannings auction room in Glasgow.
The email address is gwauctions@btconnect.com and she will help with valuations.
You will have seen her on tv quite a lot and she is a lady who knows her bussiness.

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 20:50
You can photograph your items and email the pics and description direct to Anita Mannings auction room in Glasgow.
The email address is gwauctions@btconnect.com and she will help with valuations.
You will have seen her on tv quite a lot and she is a lady who knows her bussiness.

I agree Anita is a Very Knowledgeable Lady also an Excellent Auctioneer. If you wish to phone GW Auctions, (This is Anita's Auction House) here is the Number :-

0141 954 1500

pirateeye
13-Sep-09, 21:12
thank you very much for the information everyone really appreciate it thank you!

BRIE
14-Sep-09, 09:38
Please don't dump it, spend a little time searching similar on the internet to find out a value. Also, there are collectors of old equipment such as that that you mention, i.e. old Spectrum computers and Atari games machines fetch good money, so if the space it's taking up isn't needed then hold on to it.

Another way to find a possible price is go to your local library and check the reference section for a Miller's Price Guide Book, which deals with collectables. I'd hate to see you, (or the old man), lose out on a tidy wee sum of cash.

well isnt that typical ive not long since dumped a boxed zx spectrum! didnt think it was worth anything:(