PDA

View Full Version : Power cut/trickle!

tartanyorkie
13-Sep-09, 13:51
How widespread is it? I was just in the middle of cooking the dinner when the power went, then it came back on and will not power anything apart from the BT hub and the tv. Unfortunately it will not run the Sky box so that is no use. I cannot even boil a kettle!

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 13:55
We had two short cuts in Thurso but we got our full power back within a few seconds.

If your power is on and you casn not even boil a Kettle I suggest you check your fuse box to see if you have any tripped switches.

upolian
13-Sep-09, 14:03
ive just been told the power is off at tesco and wont be back on until 4 :roll:

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 14:07

Is that in Wick or Thurso?

spaceddaisy
13-Sep-09, 14:07
That explains why my computer lost connection for a minute then came back on, I'd thought I'd bumped the cable or something.

upolian
13-Sep-09, 14:10
Is that in Wick or Thurso?

thurso tesco

braalterr903
13-Sep-09, 14:49
same happened in halkirkb went off then on.

Jeid
13-Sep-09, 14:56
Gave the Xbox the red ring of death, luckily it's still alive :)

Mr P Cannop
13-Sep-09, 14:58
what other shops have been affected ??

KCI
13-Sep-09, 15:04
Hydro Electric are working on a prob in Thurso at the moment.

unicorn
13-Sep-09, 15:09
I have had no problems at all :D

Cattach
13-Sep-09, 16:26

Tesco Wick or Tesco Thurso.

badger
13-Sep-09, 16:54
Tesco Wick or Tesco Thurso.

That's already been answered! Just got home and found I'd had a power cut as well but luckily I missed it so just have to re-set things.

Kodiak
13-Sep-09, 17:14
Just came back from Tesco in Thurso and the power is back there now.

grumpy1
13-Sep-09, 17:20
How widespread is it? I was just in the middle of cooking the dinner when the power went, then it came back on and will not power anything apart from the BT hub and the tv. Unfortunately it will not run the Sky box so that is no use. I cannot even boil a kettle!

tesco thurso was without power for 40 mins...didnt affect us in spring park tho

rs 2k
13-Sep-09, 17:34

We had same problem down at Brims

Power went out then came on then went out and i thought back on coz radio was on so i thought it was back on, went to make a cup o coffee and nothing so i thought great kettle is knackered, tried the lights and nothing

This went on for about an hour, but back to normal now

badger
13-Sep-09, 18:35
I've always found the Scottish Hydro emergency line 0800 300 999 very useful when the power goes off. If they know about it there's a recorded message but if they don't, and enough people phone so they know it's a genuine situation, they will look into it. Always friendly and helpful.

celtic1888
13-Sep-09, 22:24
I was working out at Forss House, and we had no electricity from 1pm - 2.30pm, no ovens or radio! :O